Revelations of the Kraken (Chapter 44: Falling Down)

CatastrophicFailure

1 hour ago, Thedrelle said:

Such a sad ending to a Kerb who tried. another good chapter. 

Remember too though he was also sorta responsible for the extinction of an entire group of people. Well meaning but also a bit.... killy.

15 hours ago, Raptor42 said:

PS: How long should Revelations be?

If it keeps up like this about 3 more years:/ Must write harder. 

13 hours ago, qzgy said:

I feel spoiled though, two chapters in about as many days? This is.... Not normal! usually its a good month. or more. I'm not complaining though about the increased rate.

Things are moving better. :D It won’t quite be such a quick turnaround on the next, but I’m aiming for two weeks. 

11 hours ago, qzgy said:

Remember too though he was also sorta responsible for the extinction of an entire group of people. Well meaning but also a bit.... killy.

And here he’s become one of my most interesting characters. ^_^ Is he a good guy or a bad guy after all? Time will tell... or will it?

8 hours ago, 0111narwhalz said:

bibble

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Things are moving better. :D It won’t quite be such a quick turnaround on the next, but I’m aiming for two weeks. 

That sounds.. pretty reasonable. I'll be waiting

11 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

If it keeps up like this about 3 more years:/ Must write harder. 

Thats quite a bit of dedication. Dont burn out though. We'd all like to see this finished.

12 hours ago, qzgy said:

Thats quite a bit of dedication. Dont burn out though. We'd all like to see this finished.

I’m hoping it won’t be nearly that bad. :P I need to see it finished, or it’ll drive me batty. Er. I was a bit shocked when I realized I’m already a year into it. :confused:

• 2 weeks later...

Wait, just trying to get this straight. This was what I got from the chapter

1. Kommissar was a good-guy!?!!?! (Or at least one of those neutral grey characters with good purpose but wrong actions)

2. Edgar is the Krakensbane!? I thought Valentina held that awesome title?

3. The Kraken was a prison warden for hell!?!!?!? And now Hell is about to break lose?

So, those points aside, for the most important point of all.

On 8/9/2018 at 9:47 AM, CatastrophicFailure said:

“IIIIIIII AAAAM NOOOOOOOT JEAAAAAALOUS!!!!!1!1!1!11!”

In other words, obviously jealous. 

Happy Explosions!

@CatastrophicFailure May be able to correct anything or add more but this is what I know/understand

1 hour ago, Alpha 360 said:

1. Kommissar was a good-guy!?!!?! (Or at least one of those neutral grey characters with good purpose but wrong actions)

WELLLLLL depending on how you look at it, he did commit genocide (See Whispers) however, he was aware and I guess possibly attempting to help get rid of the Kraken.

2. Edgars is the Krakensbane!? I thought Valentina held that awesome title?

Nope, he always held that title. Val had the title of Shadowscourge. Or pick any of the following (Quoted from Whispers)

I am the Daughter of the Morning, the Firstborn of the Light. I am the Sword of the Broken. I am the Shield of the Bowed. I am Advocate, I am Councilor. I am Friend. I am the Voice of Justice, the Herald of Truth. Gadfly to the Wicked, Thorn to the Corrupt. I am the Beacon of the Last Day. I am the Final Cry. I am Shin-Breaker, Fork-Kicker, Eye-Spitter! I am the Scion of Vladimir. I am the Prodigy of Elena. I am Marath'inde Damane, the One Who May Not Be Leashed. I am Tenbish, I am the Shadowscourge

3. The Kraken was a prison warden for hell!?!!?!? And now Hell is about to break lose?

*mouth opening and closing in mild defeat*

Maybe? The way its described is that Edgas defeated the guard to something worse. I personally got that we have yet to see the full force of the kraken, and this might have just been some weaker manifestation, but I'm not the author, I just stick stuff in PDFs.

In other words, obviously jealous. 

NO TOTALLY NOT AT ALL. /s

Edited by qzgy
help i broke quotes

1 hour ago, qzgy said:

BIt early but uh....

Moar? Or Moar SoonTM?

Almost. ®️

Next chapter has been chugging along at a good pace, I’m hoping for this weekend. 

Tho I think I said that a couple weeks ago... :unsure:

And of course, it’s huge. 

58 minutes ago, Alpha 360 said:

Wait, just trying to get this straight.

@qzgy seems to have chimed in first. :cool: I probably shouldn’t say too much... :ph34r:

Questions will soon be answered. Not nescessarily these, but some.  And a character who’s been instrumental to the plot for a long time but not yet actually seen. :o

15 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Almost. ®️

Next chapter has been chugging along at a good pace, I’m hoping for this weekend. 

Tho I think I said that a couple weeks ago... :unsure:

And of course, it’s huge. 

Nope thats actually fairly on time to your "I'm hoping for two weeks"

Huge is good. I can read a bunch. then inevitably finish it all in probably not more than 15 minutes and wait till the next update

16 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

@qzgy seems to have chimed in first. :cool: I probably shouldn’t say too much... :ph34r:

In fear of spoiling your future plans?

16 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Questions will soon be answered. Not nescessarily these, but some.  And a character who’s been instrumental to the plot for a long time but not yet actually seen. :o

wait wut? Shadowy secret characters? Those are the best kind!

3 minutes ago, Raptor42 said:

I was wondering what is the correct order to read those books (after they're all finished). Is it Shadows, Whispers and Revelations or Whispers, Revelations and Shadows?

shadows, whispers and revelations.

20 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Two weeks...<_<

34b.gif

Wait did I say something wrong? I just mean that about two weeks ago said said you were aiming for two weeks. 

8 hours ago, qzgy said:

Wait did I say something wrong? I just mean that about two weeks ago said said you were aiming for two weeks. 

Naw, that’s me helplessly repeating “two weeks” over and over again until my head explodes. :D ‘twere I a portly, middle-aged woman, that is...

Spoiler

Ain’t none of y’all seen Total Recall? :blink:

the real one, that is, not that other one... <_<

3 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Naw, that’s me helplessly repeating “two weeks” over and over again until my head explodes. :D ‘twere I a portly, middle-aged woman, that is...

Ohhhhhhhh

3 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Ain’t none of y’all seen Total Recall?

Nope. I'm a youngling.

23 hours ago, qzgy said:

Nope, he always held that title. Val had the title of Shadowscourge. Or pick any of the following (Quoted from Whispers)

"I am the Daughter of the Morning, the Firstborn of the Light. I am the Sword of the Broken. I am the Shield of the Bowed. I am Advocate, I am Councilor. I am Friend. I am the Voice of Justice, the Herald of Truth. Gadfly to the Wicked, Thorn to the Corrupt. I am the Beacon of the Last Day. I am the Final Cry. I am Shin-Breaker, Fork-Kicker, Eye-Spitter! I am the Scion of Vladimir. I am the Prodigy of Elena. I am Marath'inde Damane, the One Who May Not Be Leashed. I am Tenbish, I am the Shadowscourge."

I'm going with Tenbish the Shin-Breaker personally. Has a nice ring to it.

13 hours ago, qzgy said:

Nope. I'm a youngling.

Then you definitely need to add it to the Big List of flicks you need too see the day you graduate to Padawan. ‘Tis a modern classic that influenced films like The Matrix and Inception, it’s got Mars, mutants, mind-bending... and Sharon Stone... <_<

And perhaps... just like one or two words you’ve never heard before... :rolleyes:

in writngs news, I have just crossed the 7kiloword mark, and before it’s over may even reach...

<dun dun duuuuuun>

The @Ten Key Threshhold. :o

Edited by CatastrophicFailure

On 8/23/2018 at 2:40 AM, CatastrophicFailure said:

Almost. ®️

Either I'm impatient or almost takes a while.

On 8/24/2018 at 2:28 PM, CatastrophicFailure said:

in writngs news, I have just crossed the 7kiloword mark, and before it’s over may even reach...

<dun dun duuuuuun>

The @Ten Key Threshhold. :o

Considering this though.........

Any updates?

11 minutes ago, qzgy said:

Either I'm impatient or almost takes a while.

<_<

11 minutes ago, qzgy said:

Considering this though.........

Any updates?

The 10k @Ten Key Threshold has been breached. :blink: I'm working on the final scene now and hoping to have it done tonight, so hopefully post tomorrow after my own edit pass.

It should be... something... :ph34r:

5 hours ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

The 10k @Ten Key Threshold has been breached. :blink: I'm working on the final scene now and hoping to have it done tonight, so hopefully post tomorrow after my own edit pass.

It should be... something... :ph34r:

Looking forward to the gigantic chapter ahead. 

14 hours ago, CatastrophicFailure said:
14 hours ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

The 10k @Ten Key Threshold has been breached. :blink:

This should have it's own warning siren I think: "WARNING! WARNING! 10K Threshold reached. Probability of catastrophic verbal verisimilitude collapse at 78% and rising!"

Edited by Patupi

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.