Revelations of the Kraken (Chapter 44: Falling Down)

CatastrophicFailure

1 hour ago, WintericeUK said:

could have sworn that the "Minmus Waystation" I launched last night was un-kerbed...

I'm = she's, but you get the idea. :wink: Glad you're enjoying things, hope you're feeling better too.

As to PDFing everything... maybe. :P As it is I'm still struggling to get Shadows un-derped. I've got archive files of everything, but they lost all my formatting in the process. And come to think of it, I haven't backed up any of the changes to Shadows, either. @TotallyNotHuman How can such even be done without a lot of fuss, images & such?

Next chapter for Revelations, here, is still creeping along (three weeks, now *shudders*). I'm hoping to have a steaming pile of flarp to pester @Ten Key with by this weekend. :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

@TotallyNotHuman How can such even be done without a lot of fuss, images & such?

Short answer: magic, eldritch horrors, and lots of caffeine. :rolleyes:

I've done a test run (in Word 2013 for Mac, since that's my go-to for random things => PDF), and the forum text somehow gets converted into Roboto Mono of all things, while retaining the emoticons and images. Image (i.e., not emoticons) resolutions are pretty borked, though (based on a sample size of 1). Wheeeee.

9 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Glad you're enjoying things, hope you're feeling better too.

As to PDFing everything... maybe. :P

A lot better, thanks @CatastrophicFailure, the fever broke the other night so I'm on the flight path to recovery (definitely flight path with the meds and painkillers). and :D for maybe a version I can read on my eReader!

1 hour ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Next chapter for Revelations, here, is still creeping along (three weeks, now *shudders*). I'm hoping to have a steaming pile of flarp to pester @Ten Key with by this weekend. :rolleyes:

Pfff - that's racing pace that is. :) You reckon we can ship a couple of pizzas and a case of his caffeinated beverage of choice out to the good @Ten Key? Dude's gonna have a busy couple of weeks with a  bit of luck...

7 minutes ago, KSK said:

Pfff - that's racing pace that is. :) You reckon we can ship a couple of pizzas and a case of his caffeinated beverage of choice out to the good @Ten Key? Dude's gonna have a busy couple of weeks with a  bit of luck...

Well, now that he's been doubly warned I suspect he'll go into hiding.  :ph34r: Maybe turn up on a remote uninhabited planet having grown an excellent Beard of Hermitage. 

On 9/21/2017 at 2:26 PM, Ten Key said:

I may need to get a bandolier for my Keurig. :D

There comes a time when one simply has to accep the inefficiency of the gastrointestinal tract and go intravenous. :sticktongue:

coffee-iv-drip.jpg

expect referenced 2700- word steaming pile shortly...

Edited by CatastrophicFailure

I was just re-reading Shadows, when I noticed something. In chapter nine, Edgas muses about getting reassigned to a polar research outpost, since it never gets dark up there. And here, a whole book plus some later, we have Edgas, reassigned to a polar research outpost. The level of continuity here is impressive, to say the least.

On 9/24/2017 at 3:57 PM, IncongruousGoat said:

I was just re-reading Shadows, when I noticed something. In chapter nine, Edgas muses about getting reassigned to a polar research outpost, since it never gets dark up there. And here, a whole book plus some later, we have Edgas, reassigned to a polar research outpost. The level of continuity here is impressive, to say the least.

Indeed, it's never truly dark at the pole of a place with zero inclination. But neither is it truly light. :ph34r:

11 hours ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Moving... slowly. I’m adding a big wall of text to an already big wall of text in order to make the whole thing move faster

Writing is strange, sometimes. :rolleyes:

take your time man, quality over quantity :)

Anyone else play subnautica? I'm about to venture into the Lost River/Inactive Lava zones and I'm terrified lol

13 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Random, not random: anyone here have any military experience, specifically US army or Marines? Have an organizational question...

@Just Jim might be able to help?

Eventuallypatent pending

I started a new shift at work recently and I’m basically useless Tuesday & Wednesday, now. But my “little” add-on has just crossed the 3000 word mark on its own and not quite finished, so the whole mess will likely end up somewhere north of 6000 words when all’s said. 

And this stuff is good:cool: 

most of it. Some of it. Probably. Maybe. Look, a squirrel!

He's seen things we readers wouldn't believe. Spaceships on fire off the shoulder of the Mun. Shadows in the dark on so many far-flung worlds. All those moments will be caught in time, preserved on his page. Time to write.

Edited by KSK

5 hours ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Eventuallypatent pending

I started a new shift at work recently and I’m basically useless Tuesday & Wednesday, now. But my “little” add-on has just crossed the 3000 word mark on its own and not quite finished, so the whole mess will likely end up somewhere north of 6000 words when all’s said. 

And this stuff is good:cool: 

most of it. Some of it. Probably. Maybe. Look, a squirrel!

Cool! Wait. Squirrels? Where?

ERMAGHERD SQUIRRELS REEEEEEEEE

Edited by vsully

9 hours ago, KSK said:

He's seen things we readers wouldn't believe. Spaceships on fire off the shoulder of the Mun. Shadows in the dark on so many far-flung worlds. All those moments will be caught in time, preserved on his page. Time to write.

Yeesh, what’re you trying to do, kill me, man?! Bad things happen when that line is invoked! (As one of my own characters can testify) :P I do not want to pull a Jordan! cuz if I do @Ten Key will have to finish this and my notes are terrible. 

12 hours ago, KSK said:

On a different thread, @Jas0n said (in its entirety):

But be careful to not predict too far into the future with Principia.

... and the ominousnessnousness of it brought me straight here. Sucker for an epic line; keep 'em coming!

Sigh. Still working on this. Serious case of the real lifes the last couple weeks, so it’s looking more like two back-to-back chapters if only to preserve my own sanity. As a wise man once told me, better is the enemy of the good.  :wink: 

Hoping to maybe have something up late tonight. 

Edited by CatastrophicFailure

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.