[1.12.x] Trajectories v2.4.5 (2023-08-22) : atmospheric predictions

Kobymaru

@SwissSpace93 Looks like the same glitch that @AlexALX has with WindowShine.

Are you using Trajectories-v1.7.0.zip which was built for KSP-v1.3.0 ?

I'm going to assume that it doesn't matter if you use v1.7.0 or v1.7.1 with KSP-v1.3.0 or v1.3.1

Also whatever is causing the glitch with WindowShine is probably the same reason that one of your mods is glitching, probably a shader bug.

Could you test with just Video 1.6.6 and/or just Images 1.7.0.0 installed on their own with Trajectories and let me know which mod causes the conflict, it will make it easier for me to find the bug.

@PiezPiedPy

his bug is exactly same like my, with latest dev version of trajectories i also have ship parts in map view sometimes and flickering ocean from scatterer. This glitch start happens if just install windowshine (ship parts in map view) and scatterer (ocean flickering).  By the way i have v1.3.1. Of course this happens only when trajectories enabled, but ocean flickering also appears sometimes without trajectories too. So i assume that problem is in windowshine it conflicts with some addons, and author of this addon said:

On 28.11.2017 at 9:13 PM, Avera9eJoe said:

This is a known bug between WindowShine and Scatterer :/ It happens even without trajectories. Doing a quicksave and reloading should fix it. Only other option would be to disable some of the effects in Scatterer. I'm afraid I don't know much about it. @blackrack is aware as well but I don't think it's his todo list. I for one am a tad too busy to look into it much myself right now :P

So idk what to do then, maybe just remove windowshine.

Edited by AlexALX

@AlexALX Probably best not to use WindowShine at the moment, I've had a tip from Scatters dev that the bug is probably a conflict with textureReplacerReplaced that WindowShine uses and he has given a possible cause I can have a look at. ( fingers crossed he's right :wink: )

@aluc24 You have that many mods running that it would take more time than we have available to check the compatibility with each mod you have.

Have you uninstalled Trajectories, and if so did the bug disappear ?

If the bug is a conflict with Trajectories and one of your mods then you will have to narrow down which mod is causing the conflict before we can help.

If its the known InFlight blue line bug I have an idea what could be causing it ( unless I'm wrong :/ )  and it will probably be fixed by the next release.

For those interested I have put a pre-release together that has hopefully solved the Blue Line bug and also an issue with FAR, could those having issues with these bugs please give it a try and let me know on the dev thread how you got on, Thanks :wink:

14 hours ago, PiezPiedPy said:

@AlexALX Probably best not to use WindowShine at the moment, I've had a tip from Scatters dev that the bug is probably a conflict with textureReplacerReplaced that WindowShine uses and he has given a possible cause I can have a look at. ( fingers crossed he's right :wink: )

@aluc24 You have that many mods running that it would take more time than we have available to check the compatibility with each mod you have.

Have you uninstalled Trajectories, and if so did the bug disappear ?

If the bug is a conflict with Trajectories and one of your mods then you will have to narrow down which mod is causing the conflict before we can help.

If its the known InFlight blue line bug I have an idea what could be causing it ( unless I'm wrong :/ )  and it will probably be fixed by the next release.

I am 100% sure these lines are coming from Trajectories, because they never appeared before I installed Trajectories. Also, they are very similar to the InFlight blue line - it's almost as if they are piling up after each scene change.

I have almost 70 mods running... And it takes 15 minutes for my game to load. I'm sorry, but it's just not feasible for me to troubleshoot each mod for compatibility issues with Trajectories :/

thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou

Hey, thanks for an ossum mod! It actually solves pretty much all of my reentry problems.
Just one problem of its own.
I'm presently in Dunar orbit, ready to perform a propulsive landing. I was hoping trajectories would show me where the initial retro maneuver would land me, as I recall it doing on at least one occasion in the past.
I have noticed that, generally, trajectories for upcoming burns will show up when I just zoom out far enough. As is the case here.
Problem: I have to zoom out so far that I cannot make out any surface detail. Which isn't that much of a problem, since the node icons obscure the trajectory.
When I zoom in, I can make the trajectory appear by turning the "show trajectories" setting off and on again. But it will only appear for a blink of an eye. I recalled that hovering the mouse over some part of the trajectories settings panel would make the trajectory appear, but if that memory is accurate, it's not appearing now. Clicking "update now", fiddling with the settings for patches and frames, or trying any combination of the checkmarks at the top hasn't helped me yet, either, though I cannot be sure I've really tried all possible combinations.

I'm sure this is entirely due to either a) my own dumb and mishandling of the mods, b) some intricate cockup that's the inverse cross-product of the matrix that results from the 162 other mods I have installed, or c) all of the above.

Yes, running 163 mods is not a smart thing to do, and it does take about 25 minutes for the game to load. So troubleshooting mod interaction and interoperability issues is not really an option, nor something I am asking for.
Just on the off chance that there is a way to address this problem by fiddling with the settings, I'd much appreciate a hint as to how to pluck them bowstrings.

1 hour ago, DerGolgo said:

I have noticed that, generally, trajectories for upcoming burns will show up when I just zoom out far enough

Sorry, I don't quite get this one. If you enable trajectory display and put down a maneuver node, you should get the trajectory display no matter how far you are zoomed in. I am pretty sure that this is not normal behaviour and a bug.

4 hours ago, Kobymaru said:

Sorry, I don't quite get this one. If you enable trajectory display and put down a maneuver node, you should get the trajectory display no matter how far you are zoomed in. I am pretty sure that this is not normal behaviour and a bug.

If it's not a problem with another mod, I personally suspect it's something or another in my graphics settings. Though I haven't been able to modify that behavior through modifications of my graphics settings.
When I remove the little check for "show trajectories" and then click once more to put it back, the trajectory does appear, for a blink of an eye.
However it is rendered, something, somewhere, doesn't keep it rendered/unrenders it instantly.

EDIT: I made video of trajectory's behavior. Should play in 1080.
https://youtu.be/Lu_qVQXga9c

Edited by DerGolgo

18 hours ago, Toa Aerrow said:

Does this mod work in all atmospheres, no matter which planet? I mean, what about modded planets? If i used this with Outer Planets or Galileo's Planet Pack, would it work?

I don't know, but I would very much appreciate it if you tried it out, and gave us a detailed report back here :)

I just found another behavior I hadn't found before. Well, two.
While the trajectory remains unseen in map view, a few times, the x marking the spot did appear and hung around for a bit. Couldn't replicate it, it just showed up. One time, the center was obscured and the legs stuck out, as though a mountain had been placed on top of it.
The other thing: Trajectory is displayed fine and perfect while I'm time-warping. Auto warp or manual, as soon as time warp engages, the trajectory shows up, white line with the red X.

While I wouldn't ask or request any troubleshooting be done with it, I thought the log might be helpful in case you wish to bughunt. Both of these new behaviors appeared in my ongoing session, I just uploaded the live logfile to google drive.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vMh9lKaoIfv_C3itWI6AR3EF4UuS9_V8

[EDIT] Don't mean to pile on or nothing. But there's a chunk of an in-flight trajectory that's not going away, regardless of how often I try switching it on and off again. I've tried reloading the save at that point, still there. Tried reloading the scene by going to tracking station and back again, still there. Wouldn't go away when I decoupled my lander from the interplanetary propulsion, either. Cannot quite recall how I made it happen like that in the first place, sorry. Another log file, just in case it's of interest: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1HgZ73OGHfcK8r4bxWGTFaiFQxPrsdWAB.
thinblueline.png

Edited by DerGolgo

4 hours ago, PiezPiedPy said:

@DerGolgo Are you using the pre-release that has the Blue-Line fix ?

Also try removing any mods that use the textureReplacerReplaced mod. I have a feeling that may be causing your map view problems.

@PiezPiedPy Not yet. I was on 1.7.1, as available from SpaceDock. I saw mention of the in-flight trajectories being fixed and assumed that was concerning the bug I had seen mentioned here.
I loose the plot fairly easily, I must apologize, please bear with me. I shall now go through the thread to find said pre-release and see how stuff behaves with that.

EDIT: the 1.7.2 pre-release indeed made that blue line disappear.
In map view, I can see the trajectory as it is, the orbit, but it won't show me the trajectory that the maneuver node will produce. Same problem as before, there.
However, if that setting was available in 1.7.1, I didn't find it. If I click "set current impact" under target, I get a green cross in the spot that is indicated by the trajectory that instantly disappears when I uncheck and check "show trajectory". So that seems to fix my problem for the time being. Thanks!

Edited by DerGolgo

45 minutes ago, PiezPiedPy said:

@DerGolgo Thanks for report, I'm glad the blue line has gone and you've found a work around for the time being. :D

Is there any chance you could upload another current log file so I can check if the NRE's with FAR you had in your previous log have also been fixed.

Pretty good chance, yah. :D

In this session, I did a bunch of flying around, loading saves, etc. Used trajectories to set up my Dunar landing, as well as I could, and aiming my reentry at the ocean, later.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1WxWdLKg0W24WoF_sCTHBaKwunkiUwIwv

The workaround with the "set current impact" feature, so I found, only works most of the time. Couldn't make it appear reliably when setting up a Duna landing, though it would be much easier to convince to appear than the regular trajectory, and would also hang around when it did (mostly).

@DerGolgo Hi, Thanks for the log file, looks like the packed vessel FAR bug has also been fixed, there where no NRE's from Trajectories and FAR regarding packed vessels in your log file, so all good on that problem :wink:

I have noticed a major amount of these lines from TacLS in your log though, which is insanely large at over 3.7 million lines o.0

FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'BackgroundResources, Version=1.3.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.

maybe you should have a look at TacLS which as far as I know is using BackgroundResources. Maybe delete the mod and reinstall it. This error is usually caused by a missing DLL file.

I doubt it will solve the problem with Trajectories though :(

On 12/11/2017 at 6:14 AM, Kobymaru said:

I don't know, but I would very much appreciate it if you tried it out, and gave us a detailed report back here :)

ksp_trajectories_mod___outer_planets_by_

I don't know about a detailed report, but I did test sending probes into the atmospheres of Tekto and Sarnus, and the mod worked pretty well there. I haven't tried anywhere else, but I think this is proof enough; The Trajectories mod does work in the atmospheres of modded planets.

15 hours ago, PiezPiedPy said:

@DerGolgo Hi, Thanks for the log file, looks like the packed vessel FAR bug has also been fixed, there where no NRE's from Trajectories and FAR regarding packed vessels in your log file, so all good on that problem :wink:

I have noticed a major amount of these lines from TacLS in your log though, which is insanely large at over 3.7 million lines o.0

FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'BackgroundResources, Version=1.3.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.

maybe you should have a look at TacLS which as far as I know is using BackgroundResources. Maybe delete the mod and reinstall it. This error is usually caused by a missing DLL file.

I doubt it will solve the problem with Trajectories though :(

Hm, I do usually use TacLS parts for extended life support. And on my last flight to Duna, a mission of about three or four years in total, no life support was consumed for some reason. So the plot seems to thicken. Thanks for the heads-up!

EDIT: So I downloaded TacLS afresh, and a bunch of updates. After starting up, the only FileNotFoundException I got was for KIS. So BackgroundResources seems to behave. Thanks, once more!

Edited by DerGolgo

• 2 weeks later...

So I still have the problem of not seeing any trajectories for the upcoming maneuver node.

The original workaround I had found, setting the target to the point of impact to get the green marker wouldn't work reliably.
What I have found works reliably, though, is time warping.
The trajectory for a new node won't show, still. Until I enter timewarp. Slowest is enough. I can see the trajectory, perfectly, as it should be, at any level of zoom. And when I fiddle that node (I use Precise Maneuver Node), the trajectory updates accordingly.

Most common thing I used it for in recent days: setting up a Dunar or Munar landing. I like to kill all my orbital speed in the initial retro, so the trajectory looks like the circular orbit, with a sudden 90° turn inward, and the red impact marker. As Duna turns, the trajectory that is displayed turns with it, until t, when it overlaps the dotted line from the node.
I can provide further log-files or video, if that is helpful/necessary.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.