[1.12.x] Trajectories v2.4.5 (2023-08-22) : atmospheric predictions

Kobymaru

10 hours ago, Voodoo8648 said:

Why Are my landings so inaccurate? Landed about 1,000 Km show of where the Trajectories mod said I would land. I've used Travectories for a long time and it's never been accurate... Im just now asking.

This *may* depend on using: a different aerodynamic model (FAR/NEAR?), mod parts that have custom aero (e.g. firespitter has some), WAY too many mods, the wings of a spaceplane in a different way than configured in trajectory settings, engines during reentry.

Edited by TheDestroyer111

14 hours ago, Voodoo8648 said:

Why Are my landings so inaccurate? Landed about 1,000 Km show of where the Trajectories mod said I would land. I've used Travectories for a long time and it's never been accurate... Im just now asking.

https://github.com/neuoy/KSPTrajectories/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md#how-to-report-bugs

When dealing with precision issues, some there are some additional considerations:

• Try turning off the cache in the settings. This will kill performance, but might increase precision.
  • Are your settings correct? Did you set it to prograde/retrograde or set a descent profile? Do you follow your set profile accurately during flight?
  • How big is the deviation and in which direction does it go? "Set target to impact" under the "Target" tab is very useful for this: set the target to impact before entering the atmosphere, then fly your entry and let the impact happen. Include the distance (and direction) to target in your bug report
  • Craft files are mandatory except for the simplest test crafts. If you have a simple test craft, post a screenshot.
  • Describe our entry situation, as detailed as possible (Body, periapsis, apoapsis, orientation). Preferrably, add a quicksave that leads to imprecise predictions.

Hey there! I remember checking out this mod but reading that it did not support stock aero, that it only worked reliably with FAR. But reading through this thread i could not find anything about stock being fixed. It looks rather as if it always worked perfectly well with stock. Well, that's great, but my curiosity is killing me!! :) Am i misremembering things? Was it another mod? Was it in an older thread? In case, I do remember correctly, gratz on the fix for stock aero! And I will now be playing with this mod! :D

1 minute ago, canisin said:

that it only worked reliably with FAR

That's funny, because I think nowadays, FAR predictions are broken :wink:

Just now, canisin said:

Was it in an older thread?

Yep, it was. 

1 minute ago, canisin said:

gratz on the fix for stock aero!

Thanks! Luckily it was as simple as one missing variable.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, maja said:

@emirkustirika Then try to restart the game. I didn't have this error yet.

if the you install kis ( kerbal inventory system) and kas (kerbal atactment system) .probobly Trajectories have the problem this two mods. after you test the ksp 

l love the this mod .it is great jop thanks for your help and everythink

1 hour ago, emirkustirika said:

if the you install kis ( kerbal inventory system) and kas (kerbal atactment system) .probobly Trajectories have the problem this two mods. after you test the ksp 

I have KIS, KAS and other mods alongside Trajectories and didn't saw this error.

Game restart didn't helped?

8 hours ago, PiezPiedPy said:

@emirkustirika It's a known bug, usually happens when in mid flight and you revert the vessel to the Launchpad. You can get rid of the line by reloading your saved game.

Its the next issue I will be looking at after the New Gui is finished which will be in the near future.

Thank you i waiting next Upgrade 

thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks 

23 hours ago, emirkustirika said:

Why would these three mods conflict?  I might not be understanding you but there's no interaction between these three.  In fact, I, too, have all three install and have not noticed any problems.

Edited by Brigadier

@Kobymaru

Well, this is whatever the opposite of a bug report is. Out of reckless optimism, I tested the latest Trajectories with the latest FAR in 1.3.1 in low kerbin orbit (mk1 pod hyper-edited to 175k, decelerated to a 35k apoapsis, set initial predicted landing as target), and it landed within 10km of the initial prediction. That was without any maneuvering to follow the dot, if I did maneuver, it would have been right on target. It generated 37 errors, but it looks like it works perfectly fine!

On 11/10/2017 at 3:02 AM, PiezPiedPy said:

@emirkustirika It's a known bug, usually happens when in mid flight and you revert the vessel to the Launchpad. You can get rid of the line by reloading your saved game.

Its the next issue I will be looking at after the New Gui is finished which will be in the near future.

FYI.  I've been getting the blue line issue without reverting to the launch pad.  I get it after quick reloading.  I also can not get rid of the line by reloading the saved game, I've tried exiting to the main menu and going back into my save, but the blue line persists.  I have to exit the game entirely.

@Daedalus304 Thanks for the info, it will come in handy when I get round to looking for this bug :wink:

@AlexALX Reporting issues on GitHub is preferred but also posting on here is good too as other users may be able to help with your issue. As for Scatterer  or Trajectories causing the bug I of yet have no idea.

Edited by PiezPiedPy

I must download the 1.3.0 Version today!

I used the 1.2.2 Version on KSP 1.3.0

when i enable the Trajectory, then a part of the Planets is going crazy (Map view).

It's flashing arround and some parts of the Vessel are visible in the mapview.

It looks very funny, i need to upload a Video of the Glitch and test if it happens with the new Version.

It happens with the New version too i took some Screenshots of it, it's just flashing some parts on the Vessel in the Map view. Modlist can be found on in the Image Album.

Images

Video of the Glitch with 1.2.2 Trajectories on KSP 1.3.0

KSP is 64Bit

The Mod Versions are:

- Video 1.6.6

- Images 1.7.0.0

KSp was both times the Version 1.3.0

Edited by SwissSpace93
Add Album Link and Video Link