Version 2.3.1 for all versions of KSP from 1.3.1 to 1.9.x

Download from GitHub or Spacedock

Full Changelog:

Spoiler

v2.3.1 for all versions of KSP from 1.3.1 to 1.9.x

• 2020-02-25

Changes since the last release

• Support for KSP 1.9.x
  • GUI not holding position bug #172 fixed.
  • Target text entry keyboard lockout bug fixed.

For Developers

• Profiler GUI disappearing and not holding position bugs fixed, similar issues to #164 and #172.

Note: If you are having a drop in FPS then I highly suggest turning the cache on in the Trajectories settings tab.

10 hours ago, dlrk said:

If possible, could an option be added to type descent angle, instead of dragging?

In the meantime, you could try *this* mod... its pretty low on resource usage.
it does this:

NEW!!! - Adds the ability to input slider values manually using a text input box, rather than having to fiddle with the sliders.

Just an FYI on the above for you @PiezPiedPy , in case you would ever want to incorporate the change, (you could poke at the code in it), or mebbe just list as a "Recommended Mod" in the OP... vOv

Edited by Stone Blue

@PiezPiedPy I just discovered a strange way in which TJ is causing lag. When a target is set and the cache is off, I'm getting a great deal of lag, even if "show trajectory is off. Is it intended to always be calculating whenever a target is set even if show trajectory is off?

On 3/4/2020 at 1:33 AM, dlrk said:

@PiezPiedPy I just discovered a strange way in which TJ is causing lag. When a target is set and the cache is off, I'm getting a great deal of lag, even if "show trajectory is off. Is it intended to always be calculating whenever a target is set even if show trajectory is off?

@dlrk I think it's so other mods can grab info from Trajectories via the API, i.e. kOS

• 5 weeks later...

Hi,

since my rocket builds that I land with Trajectories usually have some deployed control surfaces, I did stumble across some orientation issues with original lift calculation and added deploy angle for control surfaces. Cache precission and decent configuration was also something I wanted to change. Finally I extended the API to integrate with an altered MechJeb Landing autopilot.

Right now my personal build works for me, but since I do play on most recent KSP version only and actually the most important feature is v1.8+ I am not sure if a pull request is a good idea. Anyway if you are interested:

https://github.com/cbase2/KSPTrajectories/tree/new_features

I did cluster most changes into feature commits in this branch.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, 
First I will like to thank the developers for this amazing mod!
I have a weird glitch: I cannot see the nav ball guidance on descent (target is selected and all) and also the G predictions normally stays very low and inaccurate

Any Idea what that may be?

Im runnign KSP 1.8.1 and the trajectories 2.3.1 from ckan

Thank you! 

Dang, I'm running into a really annoying bug that I think might be from this mod. Unfortunately, I can't provide useful logs because it is (temporarily) gone now and I can't reproduce it at will, but it has happened 4 or 5 times before I deduced it is likely this mod. With that sorry introduction...

The bug is that the program stops responding to many (but not all) keyboard and mouse inputs. During flight, I suddenly find that I can click on many things, but not, for example, any of the toolbar icons (stock - not Blitzy) on the right. Also can't bring up the button to return to the space center. I can still get back there using the escape key. Once this happens, it hits all saves in that copy of KSP. I can even start a brand new career and it is bugged in my very first trivial rocket. I googled around and found mention of clearing input locks using the debug menu. That didn't solve it though. Before today, the only way I managed to solve it was to make a fresh copy of KSP, reinstall in it all the 37 mods I'm currently using (thanks to CKAN for the help there), copy over my save game and vehicle files, and then reconfigure some of the mods that need configuring to my taste (notably font size). That works, but is really painful - enough so that I was about ready to give up playing KSP for a while (even though it has been a nice distraction during the lockdown). I didn't see anything that struck me as obvious in th elog files, though they are painful enough I could have missed much.

Happened to me again today and I decided to play the game of deleting mods to see if and when it went away. Couldn't do that with my real career game, as deleting mods would pretty quickly trash that. But since the problem persists in a newly started career, I could work with that. Deleted most of the "bigger" mods I use with no effect. But when I deleted Trajectories, the problem went away. Added Trajectories back in and things are still good, but I'm thinking it must have been something in the deleted copy of Trajectories. Of course, now that I'm not seeing the problem, I don't have any useful logs.

Sorry for what I know is a miserable job of bug reporting, giving you little to work with. Oh, BTW I'm on KSP 1.9.1 on iIndows 10. Time to go reinstall all my mods now. I suppose now that my suspicions are pointed at this mod, I can try deleting just it next time. I'm guessing there will be a next time, though it has tended to be a week or more between times it has happened so far.

On 4/19/2020 at 6:24 AM, rmaine said:

The bug is that the program stops responding to many (but not all) keyboard and mouse inputs

If it happens again: Look at the clock in left corner: is it green, yellow or red colored ? (which tells if your system can keep up with all calculations, which might be a reason for some function calls being skipped by Unity) If it is not green: Try to have Trajectories Settings Tab open, there is a time and percentage value how much it is taking from your main loop.

You might want to enable cache at the price of reduced precission to get faster calculations.

7 hours ago, CBase said:

If it happens again: Look at the clock in left corner: is it green, yellow or red colored ? (which tells if your system can keep up with all calculations, which might be a reason for some function calls being skipped by Unity) If it is not green: Try to have Trajectories Settings Tab open, there is a time and percentage value how much it is taking from your main loop.

You might want to enable cache at the price of reduced precission to get faster calculations.

I think I recall it looking normal (green), but I'll be sure to  check if it happens again. Doesn't seem like a likely cause to me though because of the way it persists. In particular, still there when starting a brand new career with absolutely nothing flying except a 2-part rocket (capsule and flea -  not even a chute) sitting on the pad? That doesn't seem like a place the system should have much trouble keeping up (and I have a moderately fast system - I7-7820 CPU, 32 GB ram, 8gb RX 2800 video, Samsung 970 EVO SSD). Once it triggers, it persists in all games until I delete and reinstall the mod. I'll grant that my thoughts about what seems likely are not proof. I can't open the trajectory window (or any others) at all once it happens and I can't really see leaving it open and in the way all the time while waiting for something that takes as long as this seems to to hit me.

12 hours ago, rmaine said:

I think I recall it looking normal (green), but I'll be sure to  check if it happens again. Doesn't seem like a likely cause to me though because of the way it persists. In particular, still there when starting a brand new career with absolutely nothing flying except a 2-part rocket (capsule and flea -  not even a chute) sitting on the pad? That doesn't seem like a place the system should have much trouble keeping up (and I have a moderately fast system - I7-7820 CPU, 32 GB ram, 8gb RX 2800 video, Samsung 970 EVO SSD). Once it triggers, it persists in all games until I delete and reinstall the mod. I'll grant that my thoughts about what seems likely are not proof. I can't open the trajectory window (or any others) at all once it happens and I can't really see leaving it open and in the way all the time while waiting for something that takes as long as this seems to to hit me.

I was "lucky" enough to run into it again just now only a few days after last time. Clock was all green. Have been doing a lot of stuff, but now I'm flying "ike base 2" in low orbit around ike. Do a quicksave in preparation for landing (ok, call me a wimp. :-)). Warp to intended point to start descent and then remember that I'm in a retrograde orbit, so this is the wrong point. Restore my quicksave. Warp to a more appropriate starting point and start a retro burn. Try to bring up the trajectories window to help judge my aim point. Doesn't come up. Heck, none of the toolbar buttons do anything; this is familiar. Glad for that quicksave. Escape key to quit to main menu and then exit program. That's ksp-bad1.log and player-bad1.log linked below from my dropbox  (assuming I manage to get the links inserted correctly).

Restart the KSP program. New career game. Make and launch a 2-part rocket (capsule and flea). Sitting on the launch pad and none of the toolbar buttons work. Escape quit to main menu and quit program. That's ksp-bad1.log and player-bad2.log linked below.

Use CKAN to delete the trajectories mod. Restart the KSP program. All looks normal (and I land "ike base 2" fine.)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oim34hi4lnoryyg/KSP-bad1.log?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zpfwyq6takkm8c3/Player-bad1.log?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h497i5vy7a50dni/KSP-bad2.log?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y7q2hxfyj4tbso1/Player-bad2.log?dl=0

@rmaine I've had a look at the logs you posted and cannot find anything wrong. Except for one NRE right at the end of log2:

[EXC 19:21:49.055] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    KSPPreciseManeuver.PreciseManeuverToolbar.OnDestroy () (at <148a8ec2de454d9cbd6a3d0df7bebbc1>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

I doubt this is the problem but could you try removing this mod next time it happens (if not already tried) and before removing the above mod delete the 'GameData\Trajectories\Plugin\PluginData' folder instead of the entire Trajectories mod and let me know if the bug persists. p.s. make a backup of your config.xml file first as if the bug remains I would like to have a look at it.

What version of the Trajectories GUI are you using, New or legacy ?.

Also could you take a screenshot of the Input Locks panel in the Debug menu and post your 'config.xml' file found in 'GameData\Trajectories\Plugin\PluginData\Trajectories' when the bug next happens to a Trajectories GitHub issue. Hopefully might give some insight into the problem as I am assuming it is related to the input locks.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/26/2020 at 8:33 AM, PiezPiedPy said:

@rmaine I've had a look at the logs you posted and cannot find anything wrong. Except for one NRE right at the end of log2:

[EXC 19:21:49.055] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    KSPPreciseManeuver.PreciseManeuverToolbar.OnDestroy () (at <148a8ec2de454d9cbd6a3d0df7bebbc1>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

I doubt this is the problem but could you try removing this mod next time it happens (if not already tried) and before removing the above mod delete the 'GameData\Trajectories\Plugin\PluginData' folder instead of the entire Trajectories mod and let me know if the bug persists. p.s. make a backup of your config.xml file first as if the bug remains I would like to have a look at it.

What version of the Trajectories GUI are you using, New or legacy ?.

Also could you take a screenshot of the Input Locks panel in the Debug menu and post your 'config.xml' file found in 'GameData\Trajectories\Plugin\PluginData\Trajectories' when the bug next happens to a Trajectories GitHub issue. Hopefully might give some insight into the problem as I am assuming it is related to the input locks.

Aha. Likely useful data. I just hit it again.

Have a screenshot of input locks, but it is incredibly boring and not worth the bandwidth. Just says current input locks: AmpYear_KeyBinder and bitmask 0. I wasn't even using ampYear when I previously hit this, so that's presumably not a useful hint.

But you asked about the config.xml file and deleting the PluginData folder (which has literally nothing but that file). Copied that file and deleted the folder. Voila! (Or as I'm prone to mistype it, viola). Deleting that folder made the problem go away. The folder was automatically recreated when I restarted the game and I compared the old and newly created config.xml files. Only difference was in the MainGUIWindowPos. The old (bad) file has NaN for both x and y. That looks highly suspicious to me. File shown below, but I'm betting that was the important bit. BTW, I run with a KSP UI Scale of 170% (otherwise, my old eyes can't read anything unless I drastically lower the resolution). That might be related and might be why this isn't hitting darn near everyone who uses the mod.

?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<config>
    <bool name="DisplayTargetGUI">0</bool>
    <bool name="DisplayDescentProfileGUI">0</bool>
    <bool name="DisplaySettingsGUI">0</bool>
    <bool name="UseBlizzyToolbar">1</bool>
    <bool name="DisplayTrajectories">0</bool>
    <bool name="DisplayTrajectoriesInFlight">0</bool>
    <bool name="AlwaysUpdate">0</bool>
    <bool name="DisplayCompleteTrajectory">0</bool>
    <bool name="BodyFixedMode">0</bool>
    <bool name="AutoUpdateAerodynamicModel">1</bool>
    <rect name="MapGUIWindowPos">
        <xmin>0</xmin>
        <xmax>1</xmax>
        <ymin>0</ymin>
        <ymax>0</ymax>
    </rect>
    <bool name="MainGUIEnabled">1</bool>
    <vector2 name="MainGUIWindowPos">
        <x>NaN</x>
        <y>NaN</y>
    </vector2>
    <int name="MainGUICurrentPage">0</int>
    <bool name="GUIEnabled">0</bool>
    <bool name="NewGui">1</bool>
    <double name="IntegrationStepSize">2</double>
    <int name="MaxPatchCount">4</int>
    <int name="MaxFramesPerPatch">15</int>
    <bool name="UseCache">0</bool>
    <bool name="DefaultDescentIsRetro">1</bool>
</config>

• 2 weeks later...

@rmaine Thanks for the info, looks like the NaN (Not a Number) could be the problem, I now have something I can use to help find the bug, I have a feeling it is related to your scale setting as I recall I didn't take that into consideration when writing the GUI code.

Are you using Blizzy's Toolbar, the config file suggests you are ?

1 hour ago, PiezPiedPy said:

@rmaine Thanks for the info, looks like the NaN (Not a Number) could be the problem, I now have something I can use to help find the bug, I have a feeling it is related to your scale setting as I recall I didn't take that into consideration when writing the GUI code.

Are you using Blizzy's Toolbar, the config file suggests you are ?

No, I'm not using Blitzy. I have the toolbar controller because several mods that I use require it, but it is basically sort of pointless because without Blitzy there's nothing for it to actually control.

I'm having some trouble with trajectories and my career game on 1.8.1.  I cant see the button in the toolbar to turn it off.  I read somewhere a certain tech has to be unlocked, but I had evrything other than the last engines, and the last probe guidence unit.   I'm not using Blizzy's. Can anyone help?

23 hours ago, syngen said:

I'm having some trouble with trajectories and my career game on 1.8.1.  I cant see the button in the toolbar to turn it off.  I read somewhere a certain tech has to be unlocked, but I had evrything other than the last engines, and the last probe guidence unit.   I'm not using Blizzy's. Can anyone help?

The Trajectories toolbar button only shows when your are In-Flight (not at the Space Center), also you don't need any Tech for Trajectories.

I Can't see it in flight, at the space centre, or anywhere as far as I can see.  In fact, its while I'm in flight that I'm looking for it, because of the lag its causing.  It doesn't even show on the toolbar's list (the one where you switch between the normal or blizzy's)

Edited by syngen

On 5/20/2020 at 11:14 PM, syngen said:

I Can't see it in flight, at the space centre, or anywhere as far as I can see.  In fact, its while I'm in flight that I'm looking for it, because of the lag its causing.  It doesn't even show on the toolbar's list (the one where you switch between the normal or blizzy's)

All I can suggest is to delete the Trajectories folder in GameData and reinstall, if you still get the same problem then I will need a copy of your log file, upload it somewhere like dropbox and pass me the link.