[1.12.x] Trajectories v2.4.5 (2023-08-22) : atmospheric predictions

Kobymaru

@PiezPiedPy

I just read the github issue. I didn't really "suggested" layer 24, that was the first one of my tests, where it was shown on close zoom. BUT on 24 it is not shown on far zoom anymore. :wink:
Maybe we should test if other layers match better, or, if we want to have full functionality (patches on both zoom modes) we would need to show it on 31 when on far zoom and on 24 when on close zoom (indicated by MapView.Draw3DLines ).
So I though a "proper" solution is a little more work than just changing it to 24. :wink:

OK, I did some more testing and in its current layout the patches are only correctly drawn on layer 24 and 31. In 24 only when zoom is close to the planet, on 31 only when zoom is far from the planet.
Some artifacts are shown on layers 5, 9, 12 and 25, however it seems that this uses another coordinate system.
Maybe one can live with "just switching from layer 31 to 24", as the thing one looses is the drawn patches when zoomed far out... with that one maybe can live.

Edited by Jebs_SY

@Jebs_SY I tried testing with other layers but 24 seems to work best when close, I have modified the code to switch between layers 24 and 31 when needed and it seems to have done the trick.

So patches are now shown at all zoom levels, if you had not suggested changing layers it would of taken me a lot longer to figure out what the problem was.

The GitHub commit is here if your interested: https://github.com/neuoy/KSPTrajectories/commit/aa8787b7ea816c26642a5fd86831b1ec00f4b3d0

Thanks again for the heads up :wink:

Edited by PiezPiedPy

New release is up!

Version 2.1.0 for KSP v1.4.1.

Download from GitHub or Spacedock

Full Changelog:

Spoiler
## v2.1.0 for KSP 1.4.1
 - 2018-03-21
### Changes since the last release
 * Trajectories license has been changed from MIT to GPL-3.0-or-later. Please see the LICENSE.md file for more details.
 * Russian translation updated. Many thanks to Fat-Zer for correcting the mistakes.
 * Chinese translation updated. Many thanks to studentmain for rewriting the translation.
 * Added Japanese, German, French, Italian and Portuguese languages. If you know any of these languages,
   please consider helping out with translations.
 * A big cheers and a beer to Jebs_SY for his help in fixing a rendering issue on the MapView and the Target Waypoint bug.
 * ModuleManager updated to v3.0.6

### Known Issues
 * Sometimes In-Flight trajectory ground target marker can cover entire screen when camera is close.

Windows Defender has been doing that for a few KSP mods recently, nothing I can do about it, sorry :(

Out of curiosity what is Windows Defender saying the problem is ?

With enough details I can contact Microsoft and let them know of the problem

Edited by PiezPiedPy

I know its purpose, but the max. value ever reached in the whole reentry and landing process was ~ 3x higher than Trajectories predicted - and MJ or KER were able to pinpoint the max. G way better.

Example:

Still above 70 km, more than 12 min to impact.
MJ and KER predict the wrong trajectory but a max. G of 2.9
Trajectories predicts a much better trajectory but a max. G of 0.97
The max. G reached 2.93

18 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

I know its purpose, but the max. value ever reached in the whole reentry and landing process was ~ 3x higher than Trajectories predicted - and MJ or KER were able to pinpoint the max. G way better.

Since when does KER do a Trajectory prediction?

18 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

Still above 70 km, more than 12 min to impact.
MJ and KER predict the wrong trajectory but a max. G of 2.9
Trajectories predicts a much better trajectory but a max. G of 0.97
The max. G reached 2.93

can you make a quicksave File and Upload it to GitHub to an issue? preferrably one that can be loaded without mods.

4 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

There is a hud text line that can be added that shows the estimated impact time, so there must be some kind of trajectory prediction...

That's not an atmospheric prediction, that's the the time point of the intersection of the (vacuum) orbit with the ground. Hence me wondering where a predicted g-force readout comes from.

On ‎25‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 8:37 PM, Gordon Dry said:

Well, at least MJ's predicted  max. G-force readout is correct. :blush:

How do you know Trajectories G calculation is wrong, I demand evidence before the Spanish inquisition, maybe MJ is wrong, did you even stop and think that you may be being lied to by MJ. And to even think that Trajectories is at fault should be a crime.  :P:confused:

New release is up!

Version 2.2.0 for KSP v1.4.2.

Download from GitHub or Spacedock

Full Changelog:

Spoiler
# v2.2.0 for KSP 1.4.2
 - 2018-04-02

* Japanese translation updated. Many thanks to UresiiZo for correcting the mistakes.
 * Italian translation updated. All thanks go to Brusura for the translation fix.
 * German translation updated. Lots of thanks to nistei for updating the mistakes.
 * French translation updated. Huge thanks to d-faure for correcting the syntax.
 * GUI settings are now persistent again.
 * Black toolbar icons when Texture Settings not set to Full-Res bug fixed.
 * In-Flight trajectory ground target marker covering entire screen when camera is close bug fixed.

### For Developers
 * New API functions added `GetTimeTillImpact`, two for the Descent Profile `ProgradeEntry RetrogradeEntry`
   and some for the Trajectories version. `GetVersion GetVersionMajor GetVersionMinor GetVersionPatch`

Version 2.2.0 for KSP v1.3.1.

Download from GitHub

Full Changelog:

Spoiler
#  v2.2.0 for KSP 1.3.1
 - 2018-04-02

* Trajectories license has been changed from MIT to GPL-3.0-or-later. Please see the LICENSE.md file for more details.
 * Russian translation updated. Many thanks to Fat-Zer for correcting the mistakes.
 * Chinese translation updated. Many thanks to studentmain for rewriting the translation.
 * Japanese translation added. Lots of thanks to UresiiZo for the translation.
 * A big cheers and a beer to Jebs_SY for his help in fixing a rendering issue on the MapView and the Target Waypoint bug.
 * ModuleManager updated to v3.0.4
 * GUI settings are now persistent again.
 * Black toolbar icons when Texture Settings not set to FullRes bug fixed.
 * In-Flight trajectory ground target marker covering entire screen when camera is close bug fixed.

### For Developers
 * New API functions added `GetTimeTillImpact`, two for the Descent Profile `ProgradeEntry RetrogradeEntry`
   and some for the Trajectories version. `GetVersion GetVersionMajor GetVersionMinor GetVersionPatch`

Where should I check to make  sure trajectories is loading properly?  I am getting an error message in KOS that the trajectories mod is not available.  

I found the log and it shows that Trajectories is loading.  So, this seems to be a issue with KOS.  But to be thorough Trajectories and KOS  should still work together correct?XMbC1lo.png

Edited by Lucky Spacer
added more detail.