[1.12.x] Trajectories v2.4.5 (2023-08-22) : atmospheric predictions

Kobymaru

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/29/2021 at 11:33 PM, dlrk said:

Haven't check in on this in a while, but is there any integration between the RPM or MAS navball and the indicators Trajectories puts on the external navball?

No idea but I'm pretty sure Trajectories has an API method that exposes the direction indicator, I know there are methods that expose the impact and target positions. If RPM or MAS access the API they could display the indicators.

Does this mod support any planet with an atmosphere, or are the planet mods specified hard-coded in? I'm playing with JNSQ, and I just realized I have no idea how to land two Duna landers anywhere near each other. The OP doesn't explicitly mention JNSQ, so I was wondering if Trajectories simply checked the planet definitions to get its predictions, or if it needs those atmospheres in a mod-specific config file.

Edited by Rory Yammomoto
Specify why I ask.

5 hours ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

Does this mod support any planet with an atmosphere, or are the planet mods specified hard-coded in? I'm playing with JNSQ, and I just realized I have no idea how to land two Duna landers anywhere near each other. The OP doesn't explicitly mention JNSQ, so I was wondering if Trajectories simply checked the planet definitions to get its predictions, or if it needs those atmospheres in a mod-specific config file.

Yes, Trajectories does support any planet with an atmosphere.

Trajectories pulls the planet data from KSP, any changes made to a planet by a mod passes through KSP and appears to Trajectories the same as a stock planet does.

On 12/14/2021 at 11:06 PM, PiezPiedPy said:

Yes, Trajectories does support any planet with an atmosphere.

Trajectories pulls the planet data from KSP, any changes made to a planet by a mod passes through KSP and appears to Trajectories the same as a stock planet does.

Oh cool. This really helped me. I went from hundreds of kilometres off-target with my stabs in the dark, to 3 kilometres using this mod. It works splendidly with JNSQ.

5 hours ago, PiezPiedPy said:

I need a little more information, a log file would be handy ;)

I'm not entirely sure how to get a log file.
If it helps though, I mean "stops working"  as in the mod's icon doesn't show up and the atmospheric trajectories don't show.

As far as I know this happened when I started using BD Armory, and I tested it to see if it worked without and it did.

1 hour ago, Delay said:

The log is in the main folder of KSP, where the executable also sits. It's KSP.log.

No, it`s here:

KSP versions 1.8.0 and above:

• Windows: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\LocalLow\Squad\Kerbal Space Program\Player.log
    - This folder is usually hidden so you should enable the view hidden folders option (more information).
  • Mac OSX: Open Console, on the left side of the window there is a menu that says 'files'. Scroll down the list and find the Unity drop down, under Unity there will be Player.log Aka Files>~/Library/Logs/Unity/Player.log
  • Linux: The log is written to ~/.config/unity3d/Squad/Kerbal Space Program/Player.log

You can upload these files to any file sharing site (such as Dropbox, Pastebin or File2web). These sites will give you a link you can include in your posts to share your files.

NOTE: These logs are not the same as KSP.log, which lacks valuable data. Do not upload KSP.log; do upload output_log.txt / Player.log

2 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

Both is correct.

On Windows there is C:\Users\<username>\AppData\LocalLow\Squad\Kerbal Space Program\Player.log
and also
KSP folder\KSP.log

Yes, but:

NOTE: These logs are not the same as KSP.log, which lacks valuable data. Do not upload KSP.log; do upload output_log.txt / Player.log

Tbh KSP.log is much easier to upload due to it's size and 90% of the time contains enough information to track a problem

On 12/21/2021 at 11:48 AM, Terminator Shock said:

As far as I know this happened when I started using BD Armory, and I tested it to see if it worked without and it did.

BDA probably needs building with the newer KSP files, it's a common problem mentioned in previous posts.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I've encoutered a problem with the Trajectories mod  I've seen here before. The mod is installed, but I can't see the trajectory visualisations.

I've installed it using CKAN an I can see it in the tab and can open it's menu. I've tried toggling the trajecotry display options, but to no effect. Only thing that is displayed is the green target cross when selecting KSC. I'm playing Science mode, but that shouldn't matter, am I right?

Here's the Player.log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FOrHCw3exaQzaDGE_I2yTrmJK6ITCGmU/view?usp=sharing

On 10/27/2021 at 4:22 AM, PiezPiedPy said:

New release is up!

Version 2.4.3 for KSP 1.8 to 1.12.x

Could you update the OP: Add change log for last 2 releases and describe the hotkeys in the "user manual". Found it in the gamedata folder changelog. 

Spoiler

## v2.4.3 for KSP 1.8 to 1.12.x
 - 2021-10-27

### Changes since the last release

- Fix a potential bug if other mods add renderer's to the cameras.
 - Rendering uses the newer KSP shaders. 
 - Try to mitigate issues as described in issue #183 - Trajectories acting as if it isn't installed when
    a mod fails to load. Trajectories will now warn the user with an on screen message that there was a
    problem loading a mod prior to Trajectories loading rather than silently failing. This problem is a
    KSP bug and can't be fixed in Trajectories. 

### For Developers

- Added string and Vector3d types to the Watcher utility.
 - Added a line drawing debug class useful for debugging vectors etc.
 - API method `SetTarget` now correctly targets the active vessels body rather than only the home world.

### Known Issues

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

## v2.4.2 for KSP 1.8 to 1.12.x
 - 2021-09-07

### Changes since the last release

- Added hotkeys to show/hide the GUI (RightAlt+T) and to show/hide the Trajectory (LeftAlt+T),
    default keys can be changed by editing the config.xml file.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On 1/8/2022 at 5:35 PM, Krazy1 said:

Could you update the OP: Add change log for last 2 releases and describe the hotkeys in the "user manual". Found it in the gamedata folder changelog. 

I don't have access to the OP @Kobymarudoes though.

Edited by PiezPiedPy

On 1/7/2022 at 1:35 PM, FiliSh said:

Hello, I've encoutered a problem with the Trajectories mod  I've seen here before. The mod is installed, but I can't see the trajectory visualisations.

Log is too short, it only shows up to the main menu loading, you will have to load a game and enter into a flight for me to gain enough information on the problem.

As a side thought have you tried deleting Trajectories from GameData and re-installing ?

Edited by PiezPiedPy

13 hours ago, PiezPiedPy said:

Log is too short, it only shows up to the main menu loading, you will have to load a game and enter into a flight for me to gain enough information on the problem.

Sorry, here's a longer one: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1d5XwQBHCVIxmTv5IUj9m-2jgiKadQuCo/view?usp=sharing

I didn't have any vessel where I could do a burn to deorbit, so I did a quick launch from Kerbin.

I have tried reinstalling the mod using CKAN.

5 hours ago, FiliSh said:

Thanks, seems you have the common problem of mods that are not up to date, you will have to find which one it is.

[Trajectories] Error: Error creating config - Exception of type 'System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException' was thrown., usually caused by a mod failing to load before Trajectories loads.

Please let the author of the offending mod know about the issue. Can you also let me know what mod is causing the issue, just in case the original author does nothing about the issue I can then do something about it, usually I have to make an unofficial release of the offending mod.

On 1/10/2022 at 5:35 PM, PiezPiedPy said:

Thanks, seems you have the common problem of mods that are not up to date, you will have to find which one it is.

Thank you, I've found that EngineLight Relit which I installed manually had mising dependencies, so I guess it was my fault.

On 1/11/2022 at 2:35 AM, PiezPiedPy said:

[Trajectories] Error: Error creating config - Exception of type 'System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException' was thrown., usually caused by a mod failing to load before Trajectories loads.

Please let the author of the offending mod know about the issue. Can you also let me know what mod is causing the issue, just in case the original author does nothing about the issue I can then do something about it, usually I have to make an unofficial release of the offending mod.

Hi, I'm having the similar issue of it seeming like Trajectories doesn't load (no toolbar button, no trajectories in the map view), but I did a quick search of my log and couldn't find this error message. I recently reinstalled KSP, so almost all of my mods are fully up to date, with the exception of two or three small parts mods that I've seen people say work without causing problems in the latest update. Was wondering if perhaps you'd have an idea what's going on. I'm no expert on this stuff but when I was looking through the log I didn't see any error messages related to Trajectories, the only ones I saw seemed to just be unimportant texture bugs related to Tantares.

Here's my log file.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jDL1yMtfI5WwtJ58DqC_ncnF60f31JO_/view?usp=sharing

• 2 weeks later...

Everything is working except I am experiencing a bug: with Show Traj. and In Flight toggled off, entering the map and exiting places the blue in-flight trajectory despite the toggles off. Toggling Show then Inflight On/Off turns it back off. Nothing abnormal shows in the console. Any ideas anyone? It's only QoL degredation but it sure it irritating.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/14/2022 at 11:12 AM, Nozza said:

Hi, I'm having the similar issue of it seeming like Trajectories doesn't load.

You've sent an incomplete log, you will have to at least load a save game and enter flight.

On 1/23/2022 at 6:44 PM, ElonsMusk said:

Everything is working except I am experiencing a bug, it sure is irritating.

I can imagine ;) I'll take a look into it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.