[1.12.x] Trajectories v2.4.5 (2023-08-22) : atmospheric predictions

Kobymaru

4 hours ago, Nicky21 said:

I accidentaly pressed a hotkey that enabled displaying of the trajectories but i can't fint it any more. Has this functionality been implemented ? (I know a few years ago iwasn't in)

• Added hotkeys to show/hide the GUI (RightAlt+T) and to show/hide the Trajectory (LeftAlt+T),
    default keys can be changed by editing the config.xml file.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/23/2022 at 6:44 PM, ElonsMusk said:

Everything is working except I am experiencing a bug: with Show Traj. and In Flight toggled off, entering the map and exiting places the blue in-flight trajectory despite the toggles off. Toggling Show then Inflight On/Off turns it back off. Nothing abnormal shows in the console. Any ideas anyone? It's only QoL degredation but it sure it irritating.

I tried to reproduce the problem but had no luck, only advise I have is to delete the Trajectories folder in GameData and reinstall. If you still get the problem leave a log here for me to look at.

• 3 weeks later...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rEssryFSJhJBrM1vch_c_kwNfuYegCMT/view?usp=sharing

Can anyone help with this? Trajectories, despite the fact that it's been downloaded and re-installed multiple times, just straight up isn't loading. Can anyone go through the logs and see if there are any conflicts? Thanks

Edit: I saw other complains before, and I will get a vessel in flight to grab that log file and hopefully go from there lol

Edited by dangaffa

21 hours ago, dangaffa said:

Can anyone help with this? Trajectories, despite the fact that it's been downloaded and re-installed multiple times, just straight up isn't loading. Can anyone go through the logs and see if there are any conflicts? Thanks

[ERR 14:19:53.186] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: 0_00_AT_Utils_UI, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

[ERR 14:19:53.186] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: 0_00_AT_Utils_UI, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

[ERR 14:19:53.270] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: EVEManager, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

[ERR 14:19:53.270] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: EVEManager, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

[ERR 14:19:53.271] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: Utils, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

[ERR 14:19:53.271] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: Utils, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

[ERR 14:19:53.303] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: KSPDev_Utils.2.6-KAS, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

[ERR 14:19:53.303] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: KSPDev_Utils.2.6-KAS, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

[ERR 14:19:53.309] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: KSPe.Light.KAX, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

[ERR 14:19:53.309] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: KSPe.Light.KAX, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

[ERR 14:19:53.334] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: KSPDev_Utils.2.6, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

[ERR 14:19:53.334] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: KSPDev_Utils.2.6, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

[ERR 14:19:53.403] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: SCANsat.Unity, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

[ERR 14:19:53.403] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: SCANsat.Unity, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

[ERR 14:19:55.787] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: MeshEngine

[ERR 14:19:55.791] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: MeshEngineStock

[ERR 14:19:55.794] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: MeshEngineTweakScale

And 8k+ more errors. Search your log file for Err ;)

These errors are usually caused by mods that have one or more required files missing from their installation.

6 hours ago, PiezPiedPy said:

[ERR 14:19:55.787] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: MeshEngine

[ERR 14:19:55.791] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: MeshEngineStock

[ERR 14:19:55.794] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: MeshEngineTweakScale

And 8k+ more errors. Search your log file for Err ;)

These errors are usually caused by mods that have one or more required files missing from their installation.

Weirdly enough, it was a completely different issue, turns out the Blizzy toolbar wasn't working, and somehow the config for trajectories was set for that. I was able to edit the config file myself to use the standard toolbar and it worked just fine. Somehow my barely-kept-together install gets to live another day

On 3/16/2022 at 6:46 PM, dangaffa said:

Weirdly enough, it was a completely different issue, turns out the Blizzy toolbar wasn't working, and somehow the config for trajectories was set for that. I was able to edit the config file myself to use the standard toolbar and it worked just fine. Somehow my barely-kept-together install gets to live another day

what change did you make and where do you make it?  I would like to fix this too.

21 hours ago, IronHide4 said:

what change did you make and where do you make it?  I would like to fix this too.

The config.xml file is located in your KSP installation folder\GameData\Trajectories\Plugin\PluginData\Trajectories\

edit the line     <bool name="UseBlizzyToolbar">1</bool> by changing the 1 to a 0 or vies-versa.

1 hour ago, PiezPiedPy said:

The config.xml file is located in your KSP installation folder\GameData\Trajectories\Plugin\PluginData\Trajectories\

edit the line     <bool name="UseBlizzyToolbar">1</bool> by changing the 1 to a 0 or vies-versa.

KSP installation folder\GameData\Trajectories\Plugin only contains Trajectories.DLL. I can't find any xml files, though there is a .cfg called Trajectories that only contains

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand]]:FOR[Trajectories]
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = TrajectoriesVesselSettings
    }
}

@IronHide4 The PluginData folder and its contents are created after the game runs. If you've just (re-)installed Trajectories, it won't be there.

If you've already run KSP after installing Trajectories and the PluginData folder still doesn't exist, that suggests some other problem with your KSP installation.

Having an Issue with this mod. I've used it for a long time and I've really enjoyed the assistance it brings. But in my most recent install (and subsequent reinstall's) the mod simply doesn't display anything on the map, or mid-flight. 
I'm not entirely sure as to why and I haven't seen any other discourse on this particular issue. 
I'm all ears. 

Hi @Artyom,

I see you've been around the forums for about a year, so a belated "welcome!"

My apologies if you have already seen this, but in order for someone to really be able to help you, we need information. Check out this post here, which explains everything.

Hello, I am having some trouble  with my Trajectories mod. I am having trouble in finding the latitude and longitude of a place. I used kerb net's  'target' coordinates for the following.

I know how to set the KSC as target because there is a dedicated button for that, But if I want to land/touchdown/splashdown at a particular place then how do I get the right coordinates and how to enter them in Trajectories mod menu. I was in a polar orbit around 'Kerbin'   and wanted to land or touchdown on one of the poles to collect science.  I am playing in KSP version 1.12.3(career world) Thank you 

Best regards

LOFscooober

On 3/31/2022 at 9:00 AM, LOFscooober said:

Hello, I am having some trouble  with my Trajectories mod. I am having trouble in finding the latitude and longitude of a place. I used kerb net's  'target' coordinates for the following.

I know how to set the KSC as target because there is a dedicated button for that, But if I want to land/touchdown/splashdown at a particular place then how do I get the right coordinates and how to enter them in Trajectories mod menu. I was in a polar orbit around 'Kerbin'   and wanted to land or touchdown on one of the poles to collect science.  I am playing in KSP version 1.12.3(career world) Thank you 

Best regards

LOFscooober

SCANsat can help you do this, if you're using it. After you've scanned Kerbin, you can open the big SCANsat map and when you hover your mouse over it, it displays the latitude and longitude of where your mouse is.

And to add to what @UnanimousCoward said: On the big map of ScanSat, you can also right click a location to bring up the small zoom map and place a marker there. I use it quite often, especially when I want to land in a small biome like a mountain top or a specific rare or exotic crater, or simply near an anomaly. And if you open Trajectories (right click on the button of the app) and switch to Target -I believe that's what it's called- you can see how far away in the X and Y axis your current crashing landing point is.

26 minutes ago, LOFscooober said:

Hello guys thanks for the help. But I am using KSP 1.12.3 and I don't think it is compatible with the mod(SCANsat). SO if there is another solution please inform me.

Thanks!

I use SCANSat and Trajectories on 1.12.3 (plus about 190 other mods) - both working fine for me.

I'd also suggest Waypoint Manager - it'll list target/waypoints and let you type in co-ords. Oh, and MechJeb's Landing Guidance also allows you to "Pick a target" and I think shows the coords. Possibly NavUtils (which is super useful anyway).

Like I said, KSP is Moar Boosters *and* Moar Mods!

On 4/3/2022 at 5:12 AM, dlrk said:

Is there a way to set a default entry orientation? If not, could this be added @PiezPiedPy ?

I suppose I could add a config file that stores one, add an issue on github I'll get around to it eventually, I'm real busy at the moment so wont be any time soon.

• 1 month later...
On 4/1/2022 at 1:08 AM, UnanimousCoward said:

SCANsat can help you do this, if you're using it. After you've scanned Kerbin, you can open the big SCANsat map and when you hover your mouse over it, it displays the latitude and longitude of where your mouse is.

KRAMAX Autopilot and MechJeb2 also have the ability to display lat/lon for your current position and certain targets/waypoints.

So,. question on usability; generally you'll have a deorbit burn, and then you have to decouple things for your final re-entry config; I see from the top page of this thread that Trajectories cannot predict for future stages, so.. how is everyone actually using this mod?  When you decouple the last stage, it sheds a bunch of weight, which alters the trajectory significantly; I'm sure that all of you who have been using Trajectories for a while have come up with a way to make this mod be functionally useful, I'd like to hear your thoughts, given this limitation?

On 5/13/2022 at 9:33 PM, ss8913 said:

So,. question on usability; generally you'll have a deorbit burn, and then you have to decouple things for your final re-entry config; I see from the top page of this thread that Trajectories cannot predict for future stages, so.. how is everyone actually using this mod?  When you decouple the last stage, it sheds a bunch of weight, which alters the trajectory significantly; I'm sure that all of you who have been using Trajectories for a while have come up with a way to make this mod be functionally useful, I'd like to hear your thoughts, given this limitation?

Trajectories intended purpose is for predicting Aerobraking of multiple orbits, impact prediction is a bonus of the predictions.

I usually just guesstimate the final position, save the game, hit the stage button and if I'm miles off target reload and try again.

As a side note I've been working on and off developing a multithreaded version of Trajectories and an unintended consequence might be the ability to predict multiple stages, tbh it will probably be another few yrs till release :(

On 5/17/2022 at 10:08 AM, PiezPiedPy said:

Trajectories intended purpose is for predicting Aerobraking of multiple orbits, impact prediction is a bonus of the predictions.

I usually just guesstimate the final position, save the game, hit the stage button and if I'm miles off target reload and try again.

As a side note I've been working on and off developing a multithreaded version of Trajectories and an unintended consequence might be the ability to predict multiple stages, tbh it will probably be another few yrs till release :(

I've taken a very manual approach... enter a stable orbit at a fixed altitude such as 100km, F5 to save.  come up with a consistent procedure ie de-orbit burn, destage N number of times, ensure re-entry vector is set as SVEL- or fixed pitch and heading, ensure a consistent periapsis for deorbit braking... write all that down.. then note the lat/lon at the point of initiating the deorbit burn.  Then note the lat/lon of the landing point.  calculate the distance required.  Then calculate the exact lat/lon to start the burn for a KSC landing.  Of course this has to be done separately for each craft (or at least weight/re-entry profile) and it takes a while.

Looking forward to your potential new update with multi-stage calculation :)

• 3 weeks later...

Quick question, why does Trajectories not work with this mod? I have it installed and everything, but all I see is the stock orbit line. This makes it such a pain in the donkey when trying to land in any specific place really, and Trajectories is a mod I can't live without :( 

Also, I've always had the same problem for RSS if that has to do with anything

Edited by JebNotFound

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.