[1.12.x] Trajectories v2.4.5 (2023-08-22) : atmospheric predictions

Kobymaru

Hello, and thank you for working on this mod. I'm still figuring some things out, but here's a thing that happens on my system:

[LOG 09:24:42.512] CheckEncounter: both intercept UTs are infinite
[LOG 09:24:42.513] dT is NaN! tA: NaN, E: NaN, M: NaN, T: NaN
  at System.Environment.get_StackTrace () [0x00000] in <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0 
  at Orbit.GetDTforTrueAnomaly (System.Double tA, System.Double wrapAfterSeconds) [0x00000] in <39c0323fb6b449a4aaf3465c00ed3c8d>:0 
  at PatchedConics._CalculatePatch (Orbit p, Orbit nextPatch, System.Double startEpoch, PatchedConics+SolverParameters pars, CelestialBody targetBody) [0x00000] in <39c0323fb6b449a4aaf3465c00ed3c8d>:0 
  at Trajectories.Trajectory.CreateOrbitFromState (Trajectories.Trajectory+VesselState state) [0x00000] in <f3d07aa3ca24425db4dec3b56b8c6642>:0 
  at Trajectories.Trajectory+<AddPatch>d__48.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <f3d07aa3ca24425db4dec3b56b8c6642>:0 
  at Trajectories.Trajectory+<ComputeTrajectoryIncrement>d__39.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <f3d07aa3ca24425db4dec3b56b8c6642>:0 
  at Trajectories.Trajectory.ComputeTrajectory () [0x00000] in <f3d07aa3ca24425db4dec3b56b8c6642>:0 
  at Trajectories.Trajectory.Update () [0x00000] in <f3d07aa3ca24425db4dec3b56b8c6642>:0 
  at Trajectories.Trajectories.Update () [0x00000] in <f3d07aa3ca24425db4dec3b56b8c6642>:0 
[LOG 09:24:42.513] dT is NaN! tA: NaN, E: NaN, M: NaN, T: NaN

Once this error starts it won't stop spamming the log until you disable Trajectories, or I guess exit the flight scene. I don't have steps to reproduce this, unfortunately. I've only seen it on flights that were in orbit, and are attempting to land back on earth.  I have log exceptions displayed on screen, so I'm able to see when the error begins, but I can't tie it to any specific event  - this was a simple ballistic reentry, so the craft wasn't doing anything but falling.

My full log is here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ZCEJn4qxLmabZRpADpDwtQxTpn8nOf96?usp=sharing

Thanks for any advice!

On 10/26/2022 at 3:08 PM, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Hello, and thank you for working on this mod. I'm still figuring some things out, but here's a thing that happens on my system:

KSP is returning NAN's to Trajectories via Orbit.GetDTforTrueAnomaly, also Trajectories has not been passed a Celestial Body from KSP to work with.

I could catch the NRE for the missing Celestial Body but the problem would still exist somewhere in the depths of your KSP setup.

I suggest you read this for extra help CONTRIBUTING.md

Edited by PiezPiedPy

5 minutes ago, PiezPiedPy said:

KSP is returning NAN's to Trajectories via Orbit.GetDTforTrueAnomaly, also Trajectories has not been passed a Celestial Body from KSP to work with.

I could catch the NRE for the missing Celestial Body but the problem would still exist somewhere in the depths of your KSP setup.

This is a bit beyond my depth, but do you think the fact that KSRSS uses 'Kerbin' in places and 'Earth' in other places could be involved in this somehow?

13 minutes ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

This is a bit beyond my depth, but do you think the fact that KSRSS uses 'Kerbin' in places and 'Earth' in other places could be involved in this somehow?

Possibly, you would have to remove the mod and see if the error still occurs or not as suggested in removing-mods-for-debugging

• 3 months later...

@linuxgurugamerHere's the log file: https://we.tl/t-2iQEC5L8bZ

Bug Summary:

Upon loading a craft, the right click trajectories menu is stuck open (menu is still functional)

After this, if you change instance, either by switching craft, going to the tracking station/ VAB or SPHm you will be stuck in that location and be unable to exit, you cannot launch new craft either,

You can still save, load and edit craft, but nothing else until you close the game, which has to be done via a tabbing out method

EDIT: PERSISTS BETWEEN SAVES IF I EXIT TO MAIN MENU AFTER LOADING THE INITIAL CRAFT.

Edited by RB101

• 3 weeks later...

Anything I can do to improve the accuracy for my spaceplane? As soon as it hits the atmosphere, the prediction jumps back a bit, like the drag is more than expected. Same configuration, same orientation as set.

• 3 weeks later...

It has been years since I've actively played KSP, and the most recent version I'm familiar with is 1.3.1.  I'm trying to get back into it, and get mods configured and working again, and I am having no luck with Trajectories.

The Trajectories mod does not seem to activate.  No red line and X appears in map view with an atmospheric entry.

I can't even get the button to show up on the default stock toolbar, nor Blizzy's toolbar.  It does not show up as an option to move between toolbars either.  It is like it isn't installed, but it is definitely there.  

Log file:  [edit removed]

Edited by Cetera

On 3/9/2023 at 11:46 PM, Cetera said:

It has been years since I've actively played KSP, and the most recent version I'm familiar with is 1.3.1.  I'm trying to get back into it, and get mods configured and working again, and I am having no luck with Trajectories.

The Trajectories mod does not seem to activate.  No red line and X appears in map view with an atmospheric entry.

I can't even get the button to show up on the default stock toolbar, nor Blizzy's toolbar.  It does not show up as an option to move between toolbars either.  It is like it isn't installed, but it is definitely there. 

If I've got the correct log file (and I think you've over-exposed your OneDrive share to the forum), you have more than 20k errors and 20k NREs.  Frankly, I've no idea where to start trying to track down any Trajectory errors.  You've got a lot of work ahead of you:confused:.  A couple of options:

1. Post a link to a minimal KSP session that demonstrates the error.  This log is almost 1 million lines long.
  2. Start with a clean KSP install and start adding mods, in small groups, starting with Trajectories until you get your flawed behaviour.  It might also solve some of your other problems.

Do you install manually or via CKAN?

Edited by Brigadier
Removed link at owner's request.

On 3/15/2023 at 7:32 PM, Brigadier said:

Do you install manually or via CKAN?

All via CKAN.  That's the issue with CKAN.  It just tempts you to install everything.  Scrolling through, you're like "oh, that looks good, and that looks good, and oh, I need that too!

You are correct on the OneDrive thing.  I must have grabbed the wrong link when I was mucking about with it.  Can you edit your quote post to remove it please?

• 4 months later...
9 hours ago, EdisonMaxwell said:

No I duplicated my steam install to play modded.

Ok, so how are you starting the game?  shortcut, directly clicking on the game, etc?

Does the Trajectories button show up in the toolbar?

Have you clicked on it? 

If you did, did you select the toggle to "Show Trajectores"?

Edited by linuxgurugamer

On 8/13/2023 at 8:34 AM, EdisonMaxwell said:

The button does not show. I start the game via ckan.

You _are_ looking for the icon while in flight mode?  Silly question, but sometimes the obvious is ignored

I looked at both log files.  The one with only this mod still has a lot of other mod directories there, and since this mod uses ModuleManager, it's possible that some config files in the directories still there are interfering.

Spoiler
Mods by directory (sub directories of GameData):
  000_ClickThroughBlocker
  001_ToolbarControl
  AtmosphereAutopilot
  Benjee10_X-37B
  BetterBurnTime
  BetterScienceLabsContinued
  CactEye
  ContractConfigurator
  ContractPacks
  DecouplerShroud
  ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads
  FerramAerospaceResearch
  KerbalChangelog
  KerbalEngineer
  KIS
  Kopernicus
  KSPCommunityFixes
  MechJeb2
  Mk2Expansion
  NavyFish
  PatchManager
  PersistentRotation
  PlanetShine
  ProceduralFairings
  QuickBASIC
  RaginCaucasian
  RCSBuildAid
  RealChute
  REPOSoftTech
  ReStockPlus
  SCANsat
  ScattererAtmosphereCache
  Sigma
  SolarScience
  StageRecovery
  SurfaceLights
  TacFuelBalancer
  TriggerTech
  TweakScale
  UniversalStorage2
  WarpPlugin
  WaypointManager

Test it with ONLY the Trajectories and Squad folders in the GameData directory, and MM has to be there in the GameData as well

Edited by linuxgurugamer

On 8/14/2023 at 3:02 AM, EdisonMaxwell said:

You were right. Trajectories worked after I deleted all mod folders and reinstalled it. Now its going to be a pain to find the mod that is conflicting with Trajectories.

I'm worried I might have to do this too, because I've installed the mod and nothing shows up in game. Not the modded trajectory, not the toolbar button, not anything.
Is there any other way I can troubleshoot than having to reinstall every mod I have? I could probably look at another install on my PC that runs trajectories just fine

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.