Houston, we have a problem...

Jaeleth

Hi...

I have installed RO and after some 4 or 5 tries I finally managed to unlearn whatever I had to unlearn from stock KSP and had my command module enroute to the Moon with the LM properly docked and 3 happy kerbals onboard.

After performing the TLI burn with the remainder of Stage 3 fuel, all my resources seem ok: Fuels are almost at maximum, command module engine is very stable, plenty of Oxygen, not much water but then again they haven't been drinking much anyway, almost all food, electrical charge above half capacity, zero waste water, waste, CO2 and charred ablator (ablator is intact, of course).

I am halfway through, I needed to perform a small deltaV trajectory correction maneuver but... Ship is irresponsive. All astronauts alive but a small red astronaut appears next to mission clock (upper right corner of the screen) when I pass the mouse over it I read "no crew control" and I can't do a thing. The module antenna is retracted but since I have crew that shouldn't even be a factor. I am using Saturn V FASA (moon) with the only extra being a small mechjeb unit to ease my calculations...

Any clues to what is wrong? 

What Life Support are you using?  I know that at least one of them (not sure which, USI maybe?) has a function where Kerbals get "bored" if they do not have larger habitations on long term trips, so they just stop working.

I don't play with LS, so I don't know which mod it is, I just saw Scott Manley lose a Kerbal in his latest series for that reason.

EDIT: It might be Kerbalism.

Edited by Alshain

1 hour ago, Alshain said:

What Life Support are you using?  I know that at least one of them (not sure which, USI maybe?) has a function where Kerbals get "bored" if they do not have larger habitations on long term trips, so they just stop working.

I don't play with LS, so I don't know which mod it is, I just saw Scott Manley lose a Kerbal in his latest series for that reason.

EDIT: It might be Kerbalism.

I am using KSP 1.2.2 with R.O installed manually as well as all required mods plus the few extra I deemed necessary / convenient. The least possible and one at a time to make sure I do not mess my laptop and / or KSP. Still, specifically regarding life support, I did not install any as of yet, I was just concearned with getting the physics / engineering of R.O to work properly before adding that last bit.... Hmmmm... I wonder.... I can smell a fish, thanks for reminding me of that, there might be an inconsistency there, I'll check that out... Why the hell would the Apollo command module have those life support supplies if I haven't installed a life support mod yet?... oh well...

1 hour ago, icantmakemodels said:

I think this is a really trivial problem.

Do you have any pilots?

I think old Jeb qualifies as such... eheh. No it's not that for sure. Thanks for the tip and for answering :)

15 hours ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

logs would help (instructions in ^)

Yeah, well... Uploading a log onto this forum is impossible and using dropbox or equivalent to do so is more troublesome to me than to try to fix things myself or hyperedit my ship back to Earth... It would be a great help if by any chance you can tell me where in the savefile can I find the variable / flag that sets the ship to "no crew control", maybe resetting it and watching it happen again will lead to some conclusion.

I do not think it is a problem with your mod though, since I haven´t installed it (or any otther life support) yet, only using stock KSP 1.2.2 as it refers to life support, although the FASA Saturn V Apollo Moon rocket does have those life support supplies in there...

2 hours ago, Jaeleth said:

Yeah, well... Uploading a log onto this forum is impossible and using dropbox or equivalent to do so is more troublesome to me than to try to fix things myself or hyperedit my ship back to Earth... It would be a great help if by any chance you can tell me where in the savefile can I find the variable / flag that sets the ship to "no crew control", maybe resetting it and watching it happen again will lead to some conclusion.

If you can't be bothered to upload 1 file, then I can't be bothered to help. So long and thanks for all the fish.

Ok, found it.

Although the whole set has still half electric charge, the command module has none, only the LM is at full capaciy, thus the roughly half charge. And the pilot is in the command module... Still the funny thing is why I can't transfer from the LM to the command module, even using ship manifest... I wonder if I can't transfer because I don't have enough power to start transferring XD.

Yep, that's it... And it becomes worse... only the descent module has power and cannot take crew, I cannot transfer no one there to initiate power transfer back to the other modules... thus I am, definitely, adrift... lol.... :D

At least now I know why :), gotta find what's wasting me so much power...

Edited by Jaeleth

6 hours ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

If you can't be bothered to upload 1 file, then I can't be bothered to help. So long and thanks for all the fish.

1. I don't get along well with dropbox, and I have no equivalent tool installed. I could easily send you by wetransfer, or equivalent but I don´t have your email... duhhh.

2. It couldn´t be a problem with your mod, as I said, I had no life support installed yet... Instead I asked you a bit of info, that had nothing to do with your mod and did not require going through a log file anyway... Just in case you might know.

3. I eventually found the solution anyway, had to do with the pre-configuration of the FASA Saturn V Apollo Lunar

Edited by Jaeleth

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.