KSP Challenge: Under Pressure!

Darth Badie

22 minutes ago, MiffedStarfish said:

Damn. I'm going on holiday, and I'll have to miss this one. :(

(The reason I'm sounding so negative about holidays is I'm going to a place with great beaches, and the forecast is predicting 7 metric tons of constant rain, all week.)

Look up, open your mouth and the drinks are free!

18 minutes ago, *MajorTom* said:

And I did it, not for weight (it is only 380,85 tonn), but for fun... and its VERY K-ompli-Kated to flight and land vertikal k-onstruktion liKe this

K-thulhu....  This just made my whole day!!!  :D

I want to thank the new user with the name I can't read nor type and the car landing on the VAB for inspiring me.

With all the cars I've built, I've never tried this before.

And so I brought my big cannon, my 1969 Dodge Charger R/T. Gave it 6 reaction wheels and made some control surfaces movable, I finished with adding 4 Juno's pointing down to supplement the 4 already pointing backwards. Some shots in the album are from a different attempt.

Eh, no guys, this was completely stock.

Edited by Azimech

3 hours ago, Kurtayn said:

Been trying to land about 3000 tons on the roof, landing gear collapses every time though =/ What would be stronger than that for landing? At that weight, anything over about 0.2 m/s collapses the building.

Oh yes I've been facing that too, you need like really really low speeds, doesn't help if I have lots of engines on my craft and my computer is lagging from the smoke effects....

I've built something like @Azimech's entry but my piloting skills aren't good enough to put it on the VAB, even with a ton of reaction wheels...now I'm also modifying my original 777 ton design to plop it on the VAB, which is now 1000 tons yay...

Ok, I'm done with this challenge. 2997 tons, 719 parts and no mod parts or mods, destructible buildings, etc. I don't know that I can get another kilo on that building lol, that attempt almost failed after several of the landing struts blew up, but it stayed upright.

9 hours ago, Kurtayn said:

Ok, I'm done with this challenge. 2997 tons, 719 parts and no mod parts or mods, destructible buildings, etc. I don't know that I can get another kilo on that building lol, that attempt almost failed after several of the landing struts blew up, but it stayed upright.

Oh come on, I don't even need to complete this challenge anymore, currently I only can hope for third place with Azimech at second with 1200 tons and you at 3k... Oh well trying for 1000 tons

Well, sometimes bad piloting skills, lack of time and a not-so-good computer takes its toll. I've spent a total time of 3 hours attempting to land a 1000-ton craft on top of the VAB and I pretty much failed every time. I guess I'll take a break from challenges for now and play some actual Kerbal Space Program.  

808 tons on the roof. Stock parts only and destructable buildings. And no chutes - powered landing. is this count?

d1QwgiE.jpg

Edited by Vaisman
something wrong with imgur, and i've added 3-d image

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.