KSP Challenge: Under Pressure!

Darth Badie

9 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

ALL SCORES UP TO HERE ARE POSTED

They aren't yet listed in order of weight. Please check your entry and please tell me if I put you in the wrong category. The rules said clearly say "All mods except tweakscale" and/or "Bone Stock" but since more than 80% of you assumed that KER and MJ (simply for craft data) counted in "bone stock" entries I'll have to roll with it and keep them in the challenge mode category. :P

Also, There are surprisingly few entries for Anything goes... if anyone has a spare hour I'd suggest building something massive and landing it with indestructible facilities on!

@Vaisman, @Azimech, @roadkill10ukulele10, and @Kurtayn can you four confirm that your heaviest entries do not have indestructible facilities enabled? Seeing as you are currently the top four entries I need to double check. :wink:

My entry is for the anything goes submission. I had indestructible facilities enabled.

7 hours ago, Kurtayn said:

Did not have indestructible buildings enabled. I actually was going to because I spent a dumb amount of time on this, but didn't know how. Was going to place it in the anything goes category but didn't know how lol. So challenge mode because I didn't know how to not do it challenge mode.

Yikes, this post is what happens when you type after a 12 hour night shift. 

Anything goes you say? All mods (minus tweakscale), all cheats, anything?

Cool.

zKuxfX9.png

gbnO23R.png

iBDHW8s.png

Actually, wait.  Let me triple that.

njPoJHj.png

Gi0Fld7.png

You said anything goes.

Edited by qzgy

12 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

They aren't yet listed in order of weight. Please check your entry and please tell me if I put you in the wrong category. The rules said clearly say "All mods except tweakscale" and/or "Bone Stock" but since more than 80% of you assumed that KER and MJ (simply for craft data) counted in "bone stock" entries I'll have to roll with it and keep them in the challenge mode category. :P

Also, There are surprisingly few entries for Anything goes... if anyone has a spare hour I'd suggest building something massive and landing it with indestructible facilities on!

@Vaisman, @Azimech, @roadkill10ukulele10, and @Kurtayn can you four confirm that your heaviest entries do not have indestructible facilities enabled? Seeing as you are currently the top four entries I need to double check. :wink:

hello , could you move me to destructible building i use "Bone Stock" , KER and MJ but only for craft data

17 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

@Vaisman, @Azimech, @roadkill10ukulele10, and @Kurtayn

hi, but what about my  landing (video) on page 3 ? stock parts, mass in ker window, no cheats. ...but not in list...

Edited by *MajorTom*

20 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

I forgot to write. My entry is CHALLENGE MODE
You do not need mod

4 hours ago, *MajorTom* said:

hi, but what about my  landing (video) on page 3 ? stock parts, mass in ker window, no cheats. ...but not in list...

Whoops I must have missed it - did you have indestructible facilities on or off?

6 hours ago, DualDesertEagle said:

I'm guessing that was within certain unspoken limits but I'll wait for their reaction to this :D

TBH, this is kinda a test of the anything goes category. If anything, I'd be happy with a gatecrasher prize. :D

5 hours ago, The Space Dino said:

I call Hax on that. (as I don't have any other mods except for KER)

Hax were used in the form of indestructible facilities and vesselmover.

4 hours ago, ernstsmit said:

Me too, you have to actually fly it there, even though mods are allowed.

Again, it said anything goes, apart from tweakscale. I call this fair game (AFAIK)

On 7/4/2017 at 11:29 AM, Avera9eJoe said:

They aren't yet listed in order of weight. Please check your entry and please tell me if I put you in the wrong category. The rules said clearly say "All mods except tweakscale" and/or "Bone Stock" but since more than 80% of you assumed that KER and MJ (simply for craft data) counted in "bone stock" entries I'll have to roll with it and keep them in the challenge mode category. 

The results don't show my second (heavier) entry that I posted (maybe the link goes to the wrong post?).

On 7/4/2017 at 11:29 AM, Avera9eJoe said:

Man, people are psychic these days! I have exactly one our of spare time today.

5 hours ago, qzgy said:

TBH, this is kinda a test of the anything goes category. If anything, I'd be happy with a gatecrasher prize. :D

Hax were used in the form of indestructible facilities and vesselmover.

Again, it said anything goes, apart from tweakscale. I call this fair game (AFAIK)

The challenge objective states: "Build a craft and land it on top of the VAB". I contend that you technically did not "land" your craft on the VAB. To land it implicates that you have to fly it first. So even with "anything goes" stated I believe your entry missed the spirit of the challenge. Ultimately it's not my desicion though and I will wait for the official result. 

2 minutes ago, ernstsmit said:

The challenge objective states: "Build a craft and land it on top of the VAB". I contend that you technically did not "land" your craft on the VAB. To land it implicates that you have to fly it first. So even with "anything goes" stated I believe your entry missed the spirit of the challenge. Ultimately it's not my desicion though and I will wait for the official result. 

Land, officially defined in the dictionary as " Bring (an aircraft or spacecraft) to the ground or the surface of water in a controlled way. " I maintain I did that, except on to the VAB as the challenge said.

Let's wait though.

Edited by qzgy

On 2017/7/5 at 2:01 AM, Avera9eJoe said:

Oh my Kod... you have no idea how much I love this movie :) I recognized the tiger moth before I even read your text! Awesome job Eboshi! Is your name perhaps from another Miyazaki film too? :wink:

Adding entries as I speak

Thanks mate, You seems knowing that I love Miyazaki's films. I'm glad to take the pirate ship to the official challenge of KSP. The word Eboshi has some sences in Japanese, and I named my name from some meanings of them, of course including the film you say! Thank you.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.