[1.12.x] Loading Screen Manager

linuxgurugamer

11 minutes ago, Brigadier said:

If I understand you, you want to test with and without Realism Overhaul (RO) mods.  Adding RO will definitely add to the load time, which is not the same as asking (in the LSM thread) whether LSM increases KSP load time.  If you want to see the effect of LSM, make that the only mod you add or remove.

Then again, I may be misunderstanding what you're asking.

ok thanks but can you ask @linuxgurugamer to add a feature to change the loading screen please?

On 8/7/2018 at 1:33 AM, Brigadier said:

Is there any way to move the LSM icon on the start screen?  I ask because the S.A.V.E. mod also puts its command bar into the upper right corner of the screen and, although I can open LSM, I have to click on the rightmost S.A.V.E button and it clicks through.

There is currently no configuration option in S.A.V.E. to move it's command bar nor is it dragable.  I don't know if there are cfg files that might place either your icon or Nereid's UI.

I made an unofficial update to S.A.V.E here, which has the ability to move the SAVE window

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/S.A.V.E/releases/tag/1.5.3.1-unofficial

4 hours ago, Trekkie148 said:

by any chance can this change the loading time for the game to load?

Not significantly

1 hour ago, Trekkie148 said:

so if i run the game and then after the loading screens with the mod installed and then quit with no mods installed besides LSM, then if i were to install the realism overhaul mods then it would be the same loading time?

Of course not.  When doing tests, you need to change only one thing at a time.  You just mentioned two things, one of which (RO) definitely adds to the loading time

35 minutes ago, Trekkie148 said:

ok thanks but can you ask @linuxgurugamer to add a feature to change the loading screen please?

Change what?   If you don't what it, then remove it.

1 hour ago, Ace76inDC said:

Love this mod! Question is there a way to randomize screenshots with each new load? 

Playing a heavily modded game, load time is pretty long would be great to get new screenshots each time I start a game

Thanks! 

If you are using the screenshots folder, it randomly uses images from there

I recently noticed Astronomers Visual Pack used LSM for its loading screen textures, however, as they are .png and .jpg formats they take a long time for KSP/Unity to load and encode them to native .dds format for caching in the VRAM. Is there any scope for adding .dds file format support into LSM?

23 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

If you are using the screenshots folder, it randomly uses images from there

Thanks so much figured it out.  I had to point it at my Steam screenshots folder.  

Next question, how do I tell this mod to not use the thumbnails subdirectory in my Steam screenshots folder? 

Many thanks in advance this mod changes what had been a rough load time into a great slideshow

1 minute ago, Ace76inDC said:

Thanks so much figured it out.  I had to point it at my Steam screenshots folder.  

Next question, how do I tell this mod to not use the thumbnails subdirectory in my Steam screenshots folder? 

Many thanks in advance this mod changes what had been a rough load time into a great slideshow

Tell it to ignore subfolders

New release, 1.2.5.1:

• Fixed Sub button (for controlling whether subdirectories are included)
  • Added tooltip to sub button
  • Added tooltip for X button
  • Adjusted position of tooltip for masks
  • Fixed hovor color for sub button
  • Removed unnecessary line from AssemblyVersion.tt:  <#@ assembly name="EnvDTE" #>

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, here is a little something:

Spoiler

[AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'LoadingScreenManager' from assembly 'LoadingScreenManager'

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

File 'C:/KSP/KSP 1.4.5.2243 Live/GameData/LoadingScreenManager/Plugins/PluginData/LoadingScreenManager/LoadingScreenManager.cfg' does not exis

Looks like there is one to many LoadingScreenManager's as there is a LoadingScreenManager.cfg but that is located under /Plugins/PluginData/

Here is a log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5sdzcbltobydaoj/saves for LoadingScreenManager.1.output_log.rar?dl=0

Ooo. Here is something I have been asking others to help with:

Spoiler

Texture resolution is not valid for compression: 'C:\KSP\KSP 1.4.5.2243 Live\GameData\LoadingScreenManager\Textures\L2.png' - consider changing the image's width and height to enable compression

Trivial I know, but I seem to be asking lots of people to try and help to clean up the log. Hope you can help too.

Edited by Apaseall

• 2 months later...

I'm curious, when this mod loads images, how long do they stay in memory? I have no experience with how Unity handles texture loading but I've heard it doesn't manage them all that well.

So e.g. when I have a long load time in addition to lots of images to cycle through, would it increase KSP RAM usage?

If nobody knows I'll try to measure it. Regardless, the mod allows limiting the number of loading screen textures so it's great :).

Edited by Zah

Not sure if this is the right place for bug reports but...

On my installation, the "duration" value is lost between restarts of KSP. I initially thought the config change was not being persisted correctly, so I set the desired value (2.5s) by hand in the config file.

The first launch, the display duration was correct, however, With the config file open in an editor, I could see the value of the duration incrementing every time a new image was shown on screen.

As such, I think you've either got a variable re-use issue, or perhaps a = instead of a == ?

I can't see any reason that value would be changed per-frame.

Edited by Baslifico

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/2/2019 at 9:34 PM, EliteMaster512 said:

Is this working in 1.6?

Well, the thread title includes "15x", CKAN shows that the latest release is LSM v1.2.5.1 for KSP v1.5.1 and there's been no announcement from LinuxGuruGamer about a v1.6 release.  That said, I doubt there any changes in KSP v1.6 that would affect this mod.

Make a backup of your install, install LSM and give it try.  Let us know if it works.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/20/2019 at 7:18 PM, Nozza said:

How does the Logo Screen config actually work? No files are selectable when I try to change it.

You select directories, often including the Screenshots folder of your KSP install, containing your desired images, not specific files.  LSM will cycle through the pictures in those directories.  Click on the "Image Folders (click to add)" button.

You can ignore or include sub folders of those directories (see a post above) with the "Sub" button, and you can supply filters for the file names with the "Masks" button.

I don't know if this is a design choice or a problem with my installation: I have the includeOriginalScreens option ticked in my configuration settings, yet LSM won't show any of the original screens until it has made it thru the custom folders I've configured (the Screenshots folder). Is there a way to have them mixed in?

1 hour ago, asaurus1 said:

I don't know if this is a design choice or a problem with my installation: I have the includeOriginalScreens option ticked in my configuration settings, yet LSM won't show any of the original screens until it has made it thru the custom folders I've configured (the Screenshots folder). Is there a way to have them mixed in?

I don't know, I'll have to look into it

On 2/12/2019 at 7:25 AM, asaurus1 said:

I have the opposite problem under KSP 1.6.1 and LSM v1.2.5.3 installed via CKAN.  I can't get rid of the stock images from the display cycle.

Options set as seen below.  I thought I had solved the problem when I re-enabled Adjust Display Time but the symptoms returned, although I don't know exactly when.

74IdvRh.jpg

On 2/12/2019 at 8:56 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

I don't know, I'll have to look into it

CFG file:

debugLogging = False
dumpScreens = False
dumpTips = False
totalSlides = 20
includeOriginalScreens = True
forceSlideshowWithNoImageFiles = False
displayTime = 2.39864445
fadeInTime = 0.5
fadeOutTime = 0.5
tipTime = 5
tipsFile = 
includeOriginalTips = True
neverShowAgain = False
adjustDisplayTime = False
logoScreen = 
logoTip = 
FOLDER
{
	path = Screenshots/
	fileMasks = *.png;*.jpg
	ignoreSubfolders = False
}

Modslist:

{
	"kind": "metapackage",
	"abstract": "A list of modules installed on the auto KSP instance",
	"name": "installed-auto",
	"license": "unknown",
	"version": "2019.02.14.06.23.06",
	"identifier": "installed-auto",
	"spec_version": "v1.6",
	"recommends": [
		{
			"name": "SCANsat"
		},
		{
			"name": "Toolbar"
		},
		{
			"name": "ContractConfigurator"
		},
		{
			"name": "surfacelights"
		},
		{
			"name": "BetterBurnTime"
		},
		{
			"name": "DockingPortSoundFX"
		},
		{
			"name": "EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements"
		},
		{
			"name": "KerbalEngineerRedux"
		},
		{
			"name": "Kopernicus"
		},
		{
			"name": "TransferWindowPlanner"
		},
		{
			"name": "KerbalKonstructs"
		},
		{
			"name": "TweakScale"
		},
		{
			"name": "DistantObject"
		},
		{
			"name": "LoadingScreenManager"
		},
		{
			"name": "DistantObject-default"
		},
		{
			"name": "CommunityResourcePack"
		},
		{
			"name": "CommunityCategoryKit"
		},
		{
			"name": "ModularFlightIntegrator"
		},
		{
			"name": "BetterTimeWarpCont"
		},
		{
			"name": "ToolbarController"
		},
		{
			"name": "ClickThroughBlocker"
		},
		{
			"name": "SVE-Terrain"
		},
		{
			"name": "PreciseManeuver"
		},
		{
			"name": "KeepItStraight"
		},
		{
			"name": "RealPlume"
		},
		{
			"name": "RealPlume-StockConfigs"
		},
		{
			"name": "EngineLighting"
		},
		{
			"name": "SmokeScreen"
		},
		{
			"name": "KerbalAlarmClock"
		},
		{
			"name": "TextureReplacer"
		},
		{
			"name": "RasterPropMonitor"
		},
		{
			"name": "VesselView"
		},
		{
			"name": "VesselView-UI-RasterPropMonitor"
		},
		{
			"name": "RasterPropMonitor-Core"
		},
		{
			"name": "StockVisualEnhancements"
		},
		{
			"name": "SVE-HighResolution"
		},
		{
			"name": "JoolBiomes"
		},
		{
			"name": "Scatterer"
		},
		{
			"name": "Scatterer-sunflare"
		},
		{
			"name": "Scatterer-config"
		}
	]
}

It also appears to be showing my images in super low-resolution when I try to play on my monitor (even though the rest of the game is 1900x1020px.

Edited by asaurus1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.