43 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

New release, 1.2.7

• Added AssemblyFileVersion
  • Updated version file for 1.12
  • Updated mod for 1.12
  • Removed Toolbar code
  • Added code to replace line for mod web site with link to load settings page
  • Added code to lock main menu while settings window is open

Will test when I finish this Munar mission!

50 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

New release, 1.2.7

• Updated mod for 1.12
  • Removed Toolbar code

Okay, two things:

1. THANK YOU SO MUCH; I felt bliss going through my old screenshots like that, so it works basically perfectly. An option to "click to continue" would be too much to ask, but would be something I would use.

2. I just realized that the main screen menu font was also the original font from the VAB/SPH vehicle cost counter, which I want back. https://i.redd.it/651wvsgxkg541.png

8 hours ago, jjansen said:

THANK YOU SO MUCH; I felt bliss going through my old screenshots like that, so it works basically perfectly. An option to "click to continue" would be too much to ask, but would be something I would use

I don't understand, there are a couple of buttons there already.

8 hours ago, jjansen said:

just realized that the main screen menu font was also the original font from the VAB/SPH vehicle cost counter, which I want back. https://i.redd.it/651wvsgxkg541.png

?????  Again, what are you asking for?

3 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I don't understand, there are a couple of buttons there already.

My bad, I was trying to say that I'd use a "Click to continue" option, as in, one to keep the slideshow going forever until user intervention.

If that option exists already, I don't understand how to enable it, but don't worry about trying to implement it on my account. (With all the visual mods I use, I do a lot of KSP photography, I really only ever get to view it with your mod, and it's so much better when it's presented randomly).

?????  Again, what are you asking for?

Sorry for the confusion, it's only barely related to this mod only because I noticed the main menu font after you added LSM's options to it:

To explain: This image is how the VAB/SPH vessel price font looked in the first Career mode back in 2016: https://i.redd.it/651wvsgxkg541.png . This was also the same font that ship names in the VAB had way before there were different game modes. Both the ship name font and the vessel cost were changed at the same time.

The Career VAB/SPH price in 1.12 looks like this: Me8ahGt.png

It turns out that the original 2016 font was the same one from the main menu, and I only noticed after you updated LSM. It's such a minor preference I can't imagine anyone but myself actively wanting to revert, so, unless you feel an aesthetic itch for a Throwback Mode about it now that you've seen it, pay this no mind either. :-)

Anyway, thanks again, you did a great job with LSM!

1 hour ago, jjansen said:

My bad, I was trying to say that I'd use a "Click to continue" option, as in, one to keep the slideshow going forever until user intervention.

Well, the slideshow only runs until the game has finished loading, so any "Click to continue" is a totally different function.  That would involve a lot more changes to KSP, and I'm not going to do that.

1 hour ago, jjansen said:

To explain: This image is how the VAB/SPH vessel price font looked in the first Career mode back in 2016: https://i.redd.it/651wvsgxkg541.png . This was also the same font that ship names in the VAB had way before there were different game modes. Both the ship name font and the vessel cost were changed at the same time.

The Career VAB/SPH price in 1.12 looks like this: Me8ahGt.png

It turns out that the original 2016 font was the same one from the main menu, and I only noticed after you updated LSM. It's such a minor preference I can't imagine anyone but myself actively wanting to revert, so, unless you feel an aesthetic itch for a Throwback Mode about it now that you've seen it, pay this no mind either. :-)

Out of scope for this mod.  Maybe someone else can change the font in the VAB, but not for this mod

Seems to be working well for me in KSP 1.12.2.  Many thanks.

On 9/26/2021 at 8:37 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

New release, 1.2.7

• Updated mod for 1.12
  • Removed Toolbar code

I don't understand the 5th change.  Could you explain what this means?

• 4 weeks later...

So ive just installed this on 1.12.2, i have a few images inside the user loading screens folder, however they do not show up and all i see is the squad loading screen and none of the images (as you can see im pretty much the entire way through loading, which takes like 10 mins bc of all the mods i have)

https://imgur.com/7UHLHNB

4 hours ago, The_only_spaceace said:

So ive just installed this on 1.12.2, i have a few images inside the user loading screens folder, however they do not show up and all i see is the squad loading screen and none of the images (as you can see im pretty much the entire way through loading, which takes like 10 mins bc of all the mods i have)

https://imgur.com/7UHLHNB

Have you checked LSM's settings on the home screen?  I can't recall but I don't think UserLoadingScreens folder is included by default.  I could be wrong.

I'm successfully running LSM on 1.12.2, see the Squad image and then immediately into my pics.

At one point the final image was repeating at an abnormal frequency but that seems to have solved itself.  I'm wondering if, on first invocation, LSM has a hard time adjusting the display time.

4 hours ago, Brigadier said:

Have you checked LSM's settings on the home screen?  I can't recall but I don't think UserLoadingScreens folder is included by default.  I could be wrong.

I'm successfully running LSM on 1.12.2, see the Squad image and then immediately into my pics.

At one point the final image was repeating at an abnormal frequency but that seems to have solved itself.  I'm wondering if, on first invocation, LSM has a hard time adjusting the display time.

hmm, ill play around with the settings to try and get something working

10 hours ago, Brigadier said:

Maybe I should add that as a default...

On 10/22/2021 at 12:20 PM, Brigadier said:

LSM adjusts screen display time after each game start.  I'll see if I can see if the frequency is too fast at initialization

LSM adjusts screen display time after each game start.  I'll see if I can see if the frequency is too fast at initialization

At least if the corresponding option is set appropriately.

BTW, while we're here:

1.   What do the "dump" options do?  The OP suggests that all the tips are dumped to a file but how does that apply in the "Dump Screens" option.
  2.   What's the file filter for Logo Screens?  I navigate to the UserLoadingScreen (ULS) folder with a bunch of .pngs but no file is visible in the Logo Screen selection dialog.  It just so happens that every file in the ULS folder is .png.  Do they need to be .jpgs?  The OP suggests not, but it isn't entirely clear what's expected for the logo.
  3.  What's the format of a user-provided tips file?  I'm thinking it's a .txt with one tip per line but I would be guessing and I'm not C# savvy enough to dig into the code.

Many thanks for keeping this mod alive.

14 hours ago, Brigadier said:

At least if the corresponding option is set appropriately.

BTW, while we're here:

1.   What do the "dump" options do?  The OP suggests that all the tips are dumped to a file but how does that apply in the "Dump Screens" option.
  2.   What's the file filter for Logo Screens?  I navigate to the UserLoadingScreen (ULS) folder with a bunch of .pngs but no file is visible in the Logo Screen selection dialog.  It just so happens that every file in the ULS folder is .png.  Do they need to be .jpgs?  The OP suggests not, but it isn't entirely clear what's expected for the logo.
  3.  What's the format of a user-provided tips file?  I'm thinking it's a .txt with one tip per line but I would be guessing and I'm not C# savvy enough to dig into the code.

Many thanks for keeping this mod alive.

• Dump will dump the tips into the log file
  • Files aren't shown, the filter is used at runtime to decide which images to use
  • Tips file is one tip per line
Edited by linuxgurugamer

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I dont know what i did wrong i took it an unziped into the GameData and it did not show up so like eh?
LoadingScreenManager.cfg is no where to be found so i was like Ckan to the rescue, but it didnt work then either :/

Edited by Vphurple Izumi

1 hour ago, Vphurple Izumi said:

I dont know what i did wrong i took it an unziped into the GameData and it did not show up so like eh?
LoadingScreenManager.cfg is no where to be found so i was like Ckan to the rescue, but it didnt work then either :/

Logs, please. And did you install the dependencies?

• 3 weeks later...

On 3/23/2023 at 8:12 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

how are you starting the game?  Through the new launcher, or some other way?

@Vphurple Izumi

Through steam using the following launch option;
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\KSP_x64" %command%

On 3/23/2023 at 8:23 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

New release, 1.2.8.1

• Fixed config file path for instances when game is not loaded as expected (it:  new launcher)

@Vphurple Izumi this should fix your issue

Good to know, will test it out and report back.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.