[1.12.x] Loading Screen Manager

linuxgurugamer

7 hours ago, asaurus1 said:

It also appears to be showing my images in super low-resolution when I try to play on my monitor (even though the rest of the game is 1900x1020px.

That is a very odd resolution, can you try it with a more standard size, such as 1920x1080 please

• 4 months later...

When running Kerbol Origins (their typos on Kerbal not mine) - they changed the main title screen to one of their planets from the default of Kerbin.  Do you know how I might change that back?  I figured you might know because of your work on this mod (which is currently not inntalled).

• 1 year later...

I'm confused (not an unusual situation by any measure).

I have LSM v1.2.5.3 installed via CKAN.  AVC Issue Monitor shows a new version 1.2.6 is available but it's not listed on CKAN.   Clicking on the AVC Actions button for download takes me to the GitHub repository and there is no indication of a v1.2.6 being available.  What is AVC flagging as a new version?

Also created a GitHub issue about two broken links on the GitHub page, if you're interested in this low priority mod.

Edited by Brigadier

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

KSP AVC says version 1.2.6 is out, but I can't seem to find it, is it on another github directory/spacedock post? also as far as I know this mod still this mod is still mostly operational up to KSP 1.8.1, I have had a problem with the loading screens getting stuck on the same repeating screen and it would be nice to have some bug fixes in an update and maybe some new features.

Such as:

• the ability to add gifs/.mp4 or other such file types
  • curly braces in the config, allowing for module manager patches, this could allow for custom loading screen presets that could be downloaded without overwriting files
  • not sure if this is possible but if it is it'd be really cool to be able to do crossfades rather than just fading in and out of black

Anyway thank you so much for this mod, I couldn't stand waiting 20 minutes for KSP to load without this! overall great mod

On 1/15/2021 at 10:09 AM, ItsJustLuci said:

does this support ultrawide resolutions? 21:9

I believe so, AVP adapted this to work within the mod and some of those loading screens had fairly wide aspect ratio images, this reply might be a little late but I hope it can be helpful

On 8/25/2021 at 11:33 PM, KerbinSphere said:

KSP AVC says version 1.2.6 is out, but I can't seem to find it, is it on another github directory/spacedock post? also as far as I know this mod still this mod is still mostly operational up to KSP 1.8.1, I have had a problem with the loading screens getting stuck on the same repeating screen and it would be nice to have some bug fixes in an update and maybe some new features.

Such as:

• the ability to add gifs/.mp4 or other such file types
  • curly braces in the config, allowing for module manager patches, this could allow for custom loading screen presets that could be downloaded without overwriting files
  • not sure if this is possible but if it is it'd be really cool to be able to do crossfades rather than just fading in and out of black

Anyway thank you so much for this mod, I couldn't stand waiting 20 minutes for KSP to load without this! overall great mod

I believe so, AVP adapted this to work within the mod and some of those loading screens had fairly wide aspect ratio images, this reply might be a little late but I hope it can be helpful

can confirm: it does not :/

On 9/1/2021 at 11:54 PM, KerbinSphere said:

not 1.8.1... well I haven't gotten the VSC compiler working but if I do, do you mind if I revive/update this?

Are you sure?  Look in the main KSP directory of a 1.8.1 install, you will see a directory called:

UserLoadingScreens

Put your files in there and the game will use them during the load

However, if you want, go ahead.  There were problems when I tried to get it working in 1.8, and since the game had it as a native solution, I decided to discontinue it at that time

On 9/3/2021 at 7:14 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

Are you sure?  Look in the main KSP directory of a 1.8.1 install, you will see a directory called:

UserLoadingScreens

However, if you want, go ahead.  There were problems when I tried to get it working in 1.8, and since the game had it as a native solution, I decided to discontinue it at that time

Ah, I saw that folder, never really touched it tbh, still there's no ability to take away the stock loading tips and as far as I know, no way to add custom tips. But it works alright the way it is now so whatever, also most of the people I know who play KSP don't know about this feature, I obviously didn't, thank you for responding

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/3/2021 at 10:14 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

UserLoadingScreens

I would hardly consider this to be a native solution. My screens never show up, and I really hate the default screens, which I can't edit out without learning the Unity studio.

I'm a huge fan of your work, I use a lot of your mods, and I appreciate your constant support for KSP, so much so now that I know you're partnered on Twitch, I've subscribed (OrbitalBear).

But I have to disagree with the idea that the "UserLoadingScreens" folder is a native solution, especially compared to the options that LSM had before, (folder targeting, photo duration, etc) which are now gone.

I for one would greatly appreciate an updated version of LSM because the native solution is wildly inadequate and as best I can tell, totally undocumented online aside from a single blurb in the 1.8.0 changelog.

16 minutes ago, jjansen said:

appreciate an updated version of LSM because the native solution is wildly inadequate and as best I can tell, totally undocumented online aside from a single blurb in the 1.8.0 changelog.

I'll put it on my list, but it was broken a while ago, so I'll wait until I finish the more important mods before tackling this.

Besides, I think that someone else ask permission to continue this, never really heard, I'll look into that as well

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I'll put it on my list, but it was broken a while ago, so I'll wait until I finish the more important mods before tackling this.

1 hour ago, jjansen said:

I would hardly consider this to be a native solution. My screens never show up, and I really hate the default screens, ....

I, too, would appreciate an update to LSM as time permits.  I've dumped a dozen screenshots created by KSP itself into the UserLoadingScreens folder and only ever see just one before the screen goes black except for the loading bar and notes for the remainder of the loading process.

27 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Just an FYI, I just recompiled and tested, it IS working, but due to a change in the stock toolbar, I need to change the way the settings screen is accessed

Truly hoping we can scrub the default screens via this.

Edited by jjansen

So a question for all of you regarding the setup screen:

The easiest thing to do would be to make it available via the toolbar at the main SpaceCenter scene.  I could add a simple button to the mainmenu screen, similiar to what KSP_PartVolume does, but not really a fan of that.  Or someone could make a suggestion.

3 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

The easiest thing to do would be to make it available via the toolbar at the main SpaceCenter scene.  I could add a simple button to the mainmenu screen, similiar to what KSP_PartVolume does, but not really a fan of that.  Or someone could make a suggestion.

TBH, whatever is simplest for you to implement; it wouldn't bother me either way.  I would have thought that the former options button on the main menu would have been easier since it's already present but if you have a design preference, follow it.  I defer to your UI experience.

I figure that wouldn't make it save-specific because there's only one UserLoadingScreens folder.

Edited by Brigadier
Adding last sentence

5 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I recall the original main menu interface, I didn't mind that, and it made sense to me since it was a pre-game system to put it in a pre-play situation. I understand your concern, but think of it this way: if you wanted to test LSM, and had to go into a savegame to do so, that seems counterintuitive to me.

If you wanna get crazy, a .ini for editing the settings outside the game would be really cute, but  you were the one who asked for suggestions :D

(totally off topic: if you wanna get REALLY crazy, they did implement custom kerbal uniforms and space suits awhile back (I have the URL and I archived the info too just in case), but they never made a custom suit GUI, just a how-to with manual file manipulation instructions. I'm not sayin you should, but I'm saying it'd be big.)

But yeah, via main screen made sense to me. Maybe expanding from the icon of a camera (or a rocket) with a loading bar under it.

Edited by jjansen

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.