War Of The Worlds: Martian Tripods

HvP

On 8/23/2017 at 3:35 AM, mightyben11 said:

These are awesome 10/10 but I challenge you to make a Jeff Wayne version

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK! 

Thanks very much!

Let's just say that I haven't found anything in the stock Kerbal parts that can duplicate the bulbous shape of the classic Jeff Wayne design. And after your suggestion I did try.

Who knows, maybe I'll stumble upon a design solution. I think it would be cool to see them marching along with the Spielberg walkers as scouts or something. Hmmmmmm...

So I've decided to use these KSP models to put together a comic book style treatment of the War of the Worlds story once I can dedicate enough free time to the project. My video editing skills are amateur at best, and the static models are not particularly conducive to moving pictures, although a few animated gifs are certainly on the table (example below) but I didn't want to just continue posting random stills. I'd like to at least try to tell a coherent story somehow.

Any suggestions for presentation or creative ideas for scenes are certainly welcomed. I'd like to avoid parts mods as much as possible. I'm only using beauty and utility mods right now (thank you Vessel Mover!) except for the addition of procedural wings. And although I'm primarily taking inspiration from the book and the Spielberg film, I would like to give it a Kerbal touch.

With that in consideration, I think the Fan Works forum would be the best place for me to post that project in. I'll put a link to it here once I get things moving.

Until then, here's a glimpse of a slightly improved new tripod model emerging from its cylinder's crash site.

Spoiler

2xYw59T.gif

Edited by HvP