the steam summer sale is live

invision

No Man's Sky is finally under $30! Children of a Dead Earth is under $20. SPORE for $5. It's the most wonderful time of the year.

2 hours ago, 5thHorseman said:

The above said, Darkest Dungeon is currently $10 and easily worth its normal price of 3x that.

Thanks for the recommendation.

4 hours ago, Mad Rocket Scientist said:

I was looking at Production line, but it isn't on sale. SimAirport is 20% off, but I think I might want to get Airport CEO instead, which isn't yet released.

production line is a pretty good game, i have it (and always lose, BTW, if you get it, if you money reaches 0, you lose, no negative :/

and TO STEAM!!

I have been getting an itch to play the original Fable again. Looks like it and all of its DLCs are on sale.. well, here goes my attempt to escape KSP for a while :wink: 

Edited by Galileo

I've been liking Squad (the game, not the company, though I like the company too) since November or so. It's 50% off now.

I'm also thinking about Stellaris as well.

Unfortunately, Cold Waters isn't on sale.

6 minutes ago, Dman979 said:

I'm also thinking about Stellaris as well.

if your getting Stellaris, don't forget the DLC, they add a TON to the game, and also, I'm not sure if they got rid of it yet, but there was a thing on the stock version you could research something, but had to get the Utopia DLC to utilize it, that probably was fixed by now, I found it out days after the DLC and update were released (I didn't have the DLC yet)

but yeah, Stellaris is an AWESOME game, but the multiplayer thing, everyone wants discord :(, and most of the time I don't even get accepted into the server, and they take a LONG time, like through the night (I never did this, but the way the game is played, it takes a while)

also there's a modding community, I rarely use it, but its pretty good, some races from "mass effect" (don't know what that is) and some star wars things too, maybe star trek as well

A pack of Zachtronics games are on sale, games like Shenzhen I/O.

I figure this forum will be enriched for those who would find a game about assembling microcontrollers fun.

Scott Manley has a video series about Shenzhen I/O here (and yes, that's how I know about the game):

If you want a taste of what Zachtronics games are like, there's a few of them free online; I'm pretty sure I know more about the low-level engineering of computers thanks to "Engineer of the People".

Thanks for the suggestions!

Here's some of mine:

• The Stanley Parable: Excellent, and 75% off.
  • Planet Coaster: Very fun sandbox, the management side of it is pretty easy, though. 33% off, which is pretty good for how new it is.
  • Space Engineers: Not a very good survival game, but a fun voxel spaceship building sandbox. Minecraft in space, with slopes. And moving vehicles. And destruction physics.
  • Portal 1 & 2 (bundle) is a 90% discount, and probably worth it just for Portal 1. (The Half-Life series is similarly discounted, but I haven't played that)
  • BeamNG.drive is 33% off. It's a little content light, but a career mode is in progress.

EDIT: If you get The Stanley Parable, play the demo too! Even if you know you want to get the game.

Edited by Mad Rocket Scientist

Given its similarities to KSP, does anyone have experience with From the Depths?  Just picked it up for $6.00 and WOW is it complicated. And it has like the worst UI I've ever seen. But I see a lot of potential here.

3 hours ago, Dizzle said:

Given its similarities to KSP, does anyone have experience with From the Depths?  Just picked it up for $6.00 and WOW is it complicated. And it has like the worst UI I've ever seen. But I see a lot of potential here.

@Vanamonde, wanna weigh in?

4 hours ago, Dizzle said:

And it has like the worst UI I've ever seen.

You poor, poor sheltered child.

It isn't the prettiest, but it does provide a lot of information. And it's fairly configurable, which is, I feel, important. Though I think it's had some hard updates. With the unification of the resources, the bottom bar became kind of sparse. Definitely needs a UI artist to give it a pass.

It is a very good game, though I haven't played enough for it to "click."

Edited by 0111narwhalz

hi guys, new to the club, bought it on steam.

quick question, can i install it on two computers? i have linux on laptop and win10 on main rig. can i share the saved game between the two and play either here or there?

7 hours ago, prim said:

hi guys, new to the club, bought it on steam.

Welcome!

7 hours ago, prim said:

quick question, can i install it on two computers? i have linux on laptop and win10 on main rig. can i share the saved game between the two and play either here or there?

The save files are compatible across platforms, but there is no built-in support for sharing them. You would have to copy the files manually.

2 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

Welcome!

The save files are compatible across platforms, but there is no built-in support for sharing them. You would have to copy the files manually.

sweet, thank you very much. i can sync, no problem, thanks.

3 minutes ago, robopilot99 said:

The Factorio devs don't believe in sales and have started that Factorio will never go on sale. Pick it up though, totally worth it.

Yeah, planning to. Tried the demo out this afternoon after watching almost a full playthrough. :P I think its a great game!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.