Pressure Limit problems RSS

Alex Kerman

Well, turns out in RSS Venus Surface is well beyond 4000Kpa atmo pressure, so I can't land anything stock on it, without imploding at about 14km high. As far I can see everything has a 4000Kpa pressure limit. Any ideas? any mod that has parts with greater limits?

I don't want to turn off this setting tho...

I'm happy to read you!!

AK

1 hour ago, waterlubber said:

The only real way around it is to disable part destruction, or accept the fact that landing a probe on Venus is next to impossible (the Russians sent a lot of them, and only a handful actually worked -- barely.)

No, the Soviet Venus probes were incredibly successful considering the environment and the technology of the time. Saying they "barely" worked is an incredible understatement as they usually completed all their mission objectives once the planet was understood.

OP, you may want to consider RO which is tuned for RSS. If you already are then you might want to ask in the RO Discussion thread in thr modding area of the forum.

Edited by regex

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.