135 members have voted

1. 1. How many do you have

• Stock
    • 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

Only three mods. Would be 4, but Camera Tools doesn't work with my update, last time I checked. Chatterer and Environmental Enhancements don't really change gameplay. Then there's KHI which I consider "stock" as the parts WERE in game. Just not anymore. But I really have it just for nostalgia, I don't build with its parts...

Because without mods I can't plain KSP. I was actually  going to return it before I discovered the mods.They complete the game.

I currently have 56 mods installed with 1.3. And most of these are considered necessary for me to play the game. So I can finally play 1.3! Thanks to all the modders! 

Too many to list. if you care here is the list of my current mods.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14471718/forumstuff/ksp/KSPMods1.3.txt

I don't use part mods, except the ones I've made myself and only for mod development.

Most mods I have are for use in the editor, to speed up building. Sometimes GFX mods depending on the install but only for promotional shots.

But I'm not having problems with building big stuff on a vanilla install either.

Depending on what I'm doing, I can usually choose between 5 different installs, per KSP version. Current amount of installs: 66, going all the way back to 0.16.

On 30-6-2017 at 5:03 PM, Lo Var Lachland said:

So many mods that KSP stopped working about 3 months ago. :( 

Just make a new install next to your old then ;-)

On 30-6-2017 at 1:46 AM, Spacetraindriver said:

Only three mods. Would be 4, but Camera Tools doesn't work with my update, last time I checked. Chatterer and Environmental Enhancements don't really change gameplay. Then there's KHI which I consider "stock" as the parts WERE in game. Just not anymore. But I really have it just for nostalgia, I don't build with its parts...

You're running 1.3? Surprise, there's a new build that works. But they still haven't fixed the doppler effect (broken since 1.1).

Edited by Azimech

I use what I call "Stock+" which means I use a few mods that don't really alter the game in a significant way or just improve the exiting components of the stock game i.e. I have KER, Chatterer, RealPlume (when it works) and KAC installed :) I would use Scatterer but my PC is too low-spec to run it at an adequate frame rate :(

My mod count for a main-game or wouldbe main-game typically coasts in the 40 ~ 80 range. I'm a sci-fi engineer and I have many niche type needs which fit together under one playthrough goal: To have a very fashionable but middleweight arrangement covering orbital construction, off-world colonization, single stage to and from everywhere, even interstellar, in a non-stock planet/star system. 

A lot of my installed mods are either small parts packs or utilities (except the big mods: GPP, OPT, Mk2 Expansion), or entertaining and intriguing enhancements to existing parts mods, then there are the visual mods which I adore but can easily do without.

Such little enhancements include: SuperStock (Mk1 parts and Whiplash tuned to operate at up to Mach 15), USI resource switching for OPT parts, Mk2 parts for GN Drive, new OPT SAS parts and engines, and a couple of scattered resource chain changes.

I have quite a few mods (vens stock revamp, FAR, TweakScale,  HyperEdit, Vessel Mover, SXT, AirplanePlus, All the B9 packs, Kerbal Foundries Continued,  B9 Procedural wings, procedural parts), but the one I most use is BDArmory (well, technically RBDA).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.