[1.12.x] Smartstage, intelligent VAB reset button

linuxgurugamer

On 4/11/2018 at 6:38 PM, Rohaq said:

I found the offending part - I swapped out each non-Squad part one by one for stock. It was the KW Rocketry SA-4 LFT fuel tank (KW1mtankL4 in your list). Oddly, in one of the stages that SmartStage calculated correctly.

Confirmed working craft files here - one stock, one with the same parts as before, but with the offending fuel tank swapped out for stock - SmartStage handles both correctly (although it would be nice if it separated out drogue chutes from main chutes, but that's unrelated :wink: ): https://drive.google.com/file/d/12V6hj8jOwpDixs-WXNKU70HaDZKGVQa5/view?usp=sharing

Can you please make a vessel using the SA-4 LFT part which demonstrates the problem?  I think I know what's going on, but I'd like to test with your vessel.

Thanks

15 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Can you please make a vessel using the SA-4 LFT part which demonstrates the problem?  I think I know what's going on, but I'd like to test with your vessel.

Thanks

The first zip file had one, but I'm guessing you want it all stock aside from that part?

I'll see what I can do.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
24 minutes ago, ilikerocketsandexplosions said:

hi, just wondering if there are any plans to update for 1.5?

LinuxGuruGamer maintains a lot of mods - but he does always update.  Give him some time to cycle through them.

(Also - bugging the authors about updates is specifically prohibited by forum policy.)

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
On 7/3/2020 at 2:31 PM, HoneyBadger said:

Is there  anyone also having problems with the new update?

When I compute stages it doesn't use parachutes and i cant put the parachutes back to staging manually. when i don't use parachutes it does the same thing for a decoupler.

On 7/9/2020 at 8:20 PM, nicklit said:

Same thing here @HoneyBadger. Parachutes are removed from staging and can't be added back in after clicking smartstage.

Are you referring to KSP 1.10?

Ok, I did a brief test, and I see that it seems to be messing up on the last part to be staged.  If you have a paracute on top, it's the chute, otherwise its the topmost decoupler.  Can you confirm that this is what seems to be happening?

Edited by linuxgurugamer

New release, 2.9.13

• Removed unnecessary loop looking for root part
  • Removed deprecated Reflection looking for stageManager.SortIcons, it's now public
  • Added new dependency:  SpaceTuxLibrary
  • Cleaned up some unnecessary code
  • Moved RegisterToolbar into new file
  • Fixed NullRef on KSP 1.10 because SortIcons had a new parameter, had to update Reflection call

Note:  This version is ONLY for KSP 1.10 and later

Please note that if you don't ping me (ie:  mention me with an @  ), I won't know about your posts.  I only happened to stop by and saw them

@HoneyBadger @nicklit

Edited by linuxgurugamer

On 7/11/2020 at 7:00 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

Are you referring to KSP 1.10?

Ok, I did a brief test, and I see that it seems to be messing up on the last part to be staged.  If you have a paracute on top, it's the chute, otherwise its the topmost decoupler.  Can you confirm that this is what seems to be happening?

@linuxgurugamer yes it is only for 1.10. I can confirm it is for the last part that staged. Also i just checked your new version in CKAN and it didn't add the SpaceTuxLibrary as a a dependency. I will try new version in game and let you know for updated result thanks a lot for the support.

14 minutes ago, HoneyBadger said:

@linuxgurugamer yes it is only for 1.10. I can confirm it is for the last part that staged. Also i just checked your new version in CKAN and it didn't add the SpaceTuxLibrary as a a dependency. I will try new version in game and let you know for updated result thanks a lot for the support.

Thanks for letting me know, I'll add it asap

New releaes, 2.9.14

• Updated reflection calls to be correct for either KSP 1.9 or 1.10, a new parameter was added to 1.10
  • Fixed error in AddSurfaceDragDirection, used when doing advanced calculation.  Replaced old GetPrivate ("liftCurves") with direct assignment
  • Fixed error ": Getting control 8's position in a group with only 8 controls when doing repaint" when displaying the graph

The Advanced Calculation is rather interesting.  I can also safely say that no one is using it, because the bug has existed for several years now, it predates my adoption.  I do suggest you take a look at it, and be patient, it can take a little while to update

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Make sure all the dependencies are installed.

CKAN is best way to install any/all of my mods

I get a "Mods DLL is not compatible with this version of KSP: Smartstage" and it never loads into the game.

I did a clean install of the mod and the dependencies through CKAN and I get the same error.

EDIT: Ok so I was missing a dependency. There are a couple more than the 2 listed in this post and I had never used CKAN so I was not sure why it displayed a couple in red.

Thanks.

Edited by 1990eam

4 hours ago, 1990eam said:

I get a "Mods DLL is not compatible with this version of KSP: Smartstage" and it never loads into the game.

I did a clean install of the mod and the dependencies through CKAN and I get the same error.

EDIT: Ok so I was missing a dependency. There are a couple more than the 2 listed in this post and I had never used CKAN so I was not sure why it displayed a couple in red.

Thanks.

Sorry, SpaceTuxLibrary was a r3cent addition.  It is correct in CKAN, I’ve updated the OP

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

@linuxgurugamer

I have noticed a problem with (so far only the "reliant" engine) where Smartstage piles every engine and decoupler into the last stage leaving only the last engine in a stage alone. Other engines (swivel and terrier) seem to be treated just fine and are properly staged. This is all stock with only Smartstage and its dependents installed through Ckan.

When adding other mods, I noticed that all modded engines had the same behavior as with the "reliant" engine.

To replicate

1. Add decoupler, fuel tank and Reliant engine

2. Copy and past the decoupler, fuel tank and engine a few times

3. Use Smartstage and observe the staging

All of the following are from vanilla except for Smartstage and its dependents.

Player log : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OHbPSoE6a60zih9z6bJ0A-8dYFU7sPMQ/view?usp=sharing

KSP log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VNBLap8-QtzJZXJI54KLiiJJy-pNWRqX/view?usp=sharing

Test craft showing described behavior: https://drive.google.com/file/d/19vIERFEKlWTYsqVO3MalY2m6p54vxy10/view?usp=sharing

Thank you for any help you can give.

16 hours ago, lilzkiller said:

@linuxgurugamer

I have noticed a problem with (so far only the "reliant" engine) where Smartstage piles every engine and decoupler into the last stage leaving only the last engine in a stage alone. Other engines (swivel and terrier) seem to be treated just fine and are properly staged. This is all stock with only Smartstage and its dependents installed through Ckan.

When adding other mods, I noticed that all modded engines had the same behavior as with the "reliant" engine.

To replicate

1. Add decoupler, fuel tank and Reliant engine

2. Copy and past the decoupler, fuel tank and engine a few times

3. Use Smartstage and observe the staging

All of the following are from vanilla except for Smartstage and its dependents.

Player log : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OHbPSoE6a60zih9z6bJ0A-8dYFU7sPMQ/view?usp=sharing

KSP log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VNBLap8-QtzJZXJI54KLiiJJy-pNWRqX/view?usp=sharing

Test craft showing described behavior: https://drive.google.com/file/d/19vIERFEKlWTYsqVO3MalY2m6p54vxy10/view?usp=sharing

Thank you for any help you can give.

It's something in the model which is causing the problem.  Not sure what yet, it is weird

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.