[1.10.1] Next Star Industries: BDArmory Weapons Extension has been merged with Next Star Industries.

33 minutes ago, Next_Star_Industries said:

Ok that's the problem you need to delete the NextStar folder that is the source code and it will fix it all. Or remove it from the KSP install.

Ok, the weapon manager issue is fixed! Thank you! However, I did some bomb tests with the MK82 GPS bombs, they never hit the target, always tend to fall short :( I'm sure I used the GPS coordinator correctly. The bombs maneuver themselves to fall short of the target by 100-200 meters.

Just now, william2002730 said:

Ok, the weapon manager issue is fixed! Thank you! However, I did some bomb tests with the MK82 GPS bombs, they never hit the target, always tend to fall short :( I'm sure I used the GPS coordinator correctly. The bombs maneuver themselves to fall short of the target by 100-200 meters.

Have you removed the NextStarIndustries folder?

7 minutes ago, william2002730 said:

Yes, absolutely 

Ok. Now there are some right click setting that may need adjusting have you done this?  Detonation override and things like that. If so then all you do is line up the aiming circle and drop when target/s is/are roughly in the center. Also note that the MK8x series are designed to have an optimal speed of 250 m/s upon release. Also are you using the black NSI MK82 or the green BDAc version? A screenshot or video link will help as well.

Edited by Next_Star_Industries

35 minutes ago, Next_Star_Industries said:

Ok. Now there are some right click setting that may need adjusting have you done this?  Detonation override and things like that. If so then all you do is line up the aiming circle and drop when target/s is/are roughly in the center. Also note that the MK8x series are designed to have an optimal speed of 250 m/s upon release.

No I haven't, what is detonation distance override? 

Also, I focused on the bombs and missiles, what it tends to do it fly toward right on top of the target, then make a turn to fly AWAY from the target, and landing around 150 meters away from the target. 

Edited by william2002730

5 minutes ago, william2002730 said:

No I haven't, what is detonation distance override? Also, the B61 Mod 12, GPS guided missile tends to explode 5 seconds after dropping it. 

The override sets the distance from target to detonate I use 0-30 depending on weapon type. This will stop the early detonation you have going on. You are correct it appears with the MK82 of mine I have the drag a little high this can be changed in the config file and I will address it in the coming update.

Hmm also, with the bombs and missiles, it works if I drop them at around 4500m altitude, but when I'm around 1500m, the bombs and missiles tend to steer away from the target. 

Is it suppose to do that?

So with the bombs, I can fix it right now? In the config files right? Can you send me some instructions? Or I can just wait for the next update.

Edited by william2002730

9 minutes ago, william2002730 said:

Hmm also, with the bombs and missiles, it works if I drop them at around 4500m altitude, but when I'm around 1500m, the bombs and missiles tend to steer away from the target. 

Is it suppose to do that?

So with the bombs, I can fix it right now? In the config files right? Can you send me some instructions? Or I can just wait for the next update.

In the config files scroll down to maximum and minimum drag and change it to be 0.01 not 0.02 on both. I do have them fine tuned for 3500 above at 0.02 below that it needs to be 0.01. I'll be changing them all to be 0.01 this seems to work better.

6 hours ago, Next_Star_Industries said:

In the config files scroll down to maximum and minimum drag and change it to be 0.01 not 0.02 on both. I do have them fine tuned for 3500 above at 0.02 below that it needs to be 0.01. I'll be changing them all to be 0.01 this seems to work better.

I changed it, double checked. Still not working, like the bombs still steer away from the target and fall short.

Also, the bombs tend to explode like 100 meters on top the the target (midair), what should i tweak?

Edited by william2002730

2 hours ago, Kombat engineer said:

Nukes are not exploding like nukes should do.

Which weapon have you experienced this with? So I can run some quick tests to see what's happening so I can help you.

8 hours ago, william2002730 said:

Also, the bombs tend to explode like 100 meters on top the the target (midair), what should i tweak?

I have been running tests all morning and I'm not seeing the steering away from target issue you have explained. Could you give me a run down of what you are doing? So I can recreate it on my end. Bombs detonating early has to be the override setting, to get to this setting right click the part in the editor, this is a coded setting from BDAc and not mine. If you could press F1 to get a screen shot of the settings in the editor and post it here, so I can see what you have there.

4 hours ago, Next_Star_Industries said:

Which weapon have you experienced this with? So I can run some quick tests to see what's happening so I can help you.

I think I'm having the same issue as Kombat, I've tested every nuclear weapon (I think) except Honest John. When the bombs explode they destroy everything around it but they dont have the mushroom cloud effect.

It does make a bright flash with most bombs 

3 hours ago, EldurUlfur said:

I think I'm having the same issue as Kombat, I've tested every nuclear weapon (I think) except Honest John. When the bombs explode they destroy everything around it but they dont have the mushroom cloud effect.

I had this problem as well, To fix it, I basically uninstalled the mod, then checked the files integrity in steam (in properties). Then reinstalled it. This should fix your issue.

4 hours ago, EldurUlfur said:

I don't use Steam and had no idea there was an issue. Were those the B-61MOD12s?

40 minutes ago, william2002730 said:

I had this problem as well, To fix it, I basically uninstalled the mod, then checked the files integrity in steam (in properties). Then reinstalled it. This should fix your issue.

So everything is now functioning correctly for you? What did the check do?

1 hour ago, Next_Star_Industries said:

So everything is now functioning correctly for you? What did the check do?

Well, now the bomb works sometimes, can't seem to find the pattern, I'm trying. Also, fixed the issue to detonating too early, thanks! Ok now here is an example of falling short:

Bomb configuration:

pNB0z8L.png

Bomb Drop:

CZWVeHd.png

Bomb Flight (The bomb flies toward target):

5E0lo8F.png

Bomb then steers away from target:

sIcwf44.png

Then falling short:

r9KqdYj.png

Edited by william2002730

52 minutes ago, william2002730 said:

Well, now the bomb works sometimes, can't seem to find the pattern, I'm trying. Also, fixed the issue to detonating too early, thanks! Ok now here is an example of falling short:

Bomb configuration:

pNB0z8L.png

Bomb Drop:

CZWVeHd.png

Bomb Flight (The bomb flies toward target):

5E0lo8F.png

Bomb then steers away from target:

sIcwf44.png

Then falling short:

r9KqdYj.png

Thank you for the pics. I can see what is happening now the bombs are slowing way to much it's only at 60 m/s so it's rotating like that to get to the target(I know strange behavior). After further testing at this altitude, I have found that another adjustment needs made in the config files. Scroll down to the Missile Launcher Module and change optimumAirspeed to 350 and change liftArea to 0.001. These will be the numbers to play with for fine tuning flight. The real problem is I have them tuned for higher altitudes because I mostly build bigger high altitude bombers but these numbers are working better at lower altitudes. Please let me know how they work out and I will continue testing as well.

As far as the install you have everything looks good and there should be no conflicts going on which is why I am leaning toward some config file adjustments for the lower altitude runs.

30 minutes ago, Next_Star_Industries said:

Thank you for the pics. I can see what is happening now the bombs are slowing way to much it's only at 60 m/s so it's rotating like that to get to the target(I know strange behavior). After further testing at this altitude, I have found that another adjustment needs made in the config files. Scroll down to the Missile Launcher Module and change optimumAirspeed to 350 and change liftArea to 0.001. These will be the numbers to play with for fine tuning flight. The real problem is I have them tuned for higher altitudes because I mostly build bigger high altitude bombers but these numbers are working better at lower altitudes. Please let me know how they work out and I will continue testing as well.

As far as the install you have everything looks good and there should be no conflicts going on which is why I am leaning toward some config file adjustments for the lower altitude runs.

And for the other bombs such as the B61 Mod 12? Change it to the same thing?

18 hours ago, Next_Star_Industries said:
9 hours ago, Next_Star_Industries said:

I don't use Steam and had no idea there was an issue. Were those the B-61MOD12s?

Yeah and the rest of of the nuclear weapons aswell. I'm gonna try Williams fix in a minute, see if it works :)

EDIT: Fix didnt work: 

Edited by EldurUlfur
new info

21 hours ago, william2002730 said:

And for the other bombs such as the B61 Mod 12? Change it to the same thing?

Yes sorry about that, I will change them all in the coming update. To be honest all the weapons need changed for these lower altitudes except the "Honest John" missiles it appears they behave as expected. Please let me know what settings you end up with and I will create a compromise between high and low altitudes that should work across all the weapons at any altitude. Thank you for your patience.

15 hours ago, EldurUlfur said:

Yeah and the rest of of the nuclear weapons aswell. I'm gonna try Williams fix in a minute, see if it works :)

Thank you for the pictures it helps a lot and from the picture I see you have 2 BDArmory tabs, this indicates to me there is an error in the install. Be sure you don't have the NextStarIndustries folder yourKSP/GameData folder it can be deleted, this is the source code for my plugin. I believe this is your problem only install the BDArmory Weapons Extension folder into your KSP install.

@william2002730 after more testing I couldn't reproduce the short fall of bombs any further. I did go back through your photos and noticed you are only going 200 m/s, you need at least 250 m/s for GPS and Laser bombs to work correctly. At this speed I suggest using UGB bombs. As far as the rotation issue it's not really an issue that seems to be BDAc's agmballsitic code and I may have a little to much torque on some weapons testing that now.

HI! I a also have problem with nuclear weapons having no explosion effect, on small standart one, and I also have 2 bdarmory tabs! Even after reinstalling game and mods it didn't help it. All the mods required are up to date, weapons extension are in game data folder, and my previous vehicles were delited. There is also a problem somehow connected to ai pilot part: on ground vehicles like cars, the steering is at reverse when it shouldn't be and sometimes the engines are set reverse too. I hadn't much trouble with it untill I've noticed that steering became hard as hell and vehicle was accelerating and turning on it's on, when ai computer was turned off and not in guard mode. Removing this part helped it. I think this could be connected to some latest bdarmory version bug.

4 hours ago, reckless39 said:

HI! I a also have problem with nuclear weapons having no explosion effect, on small standart one, and I also have 2 bdarmory tabs! Even after reinstalling game and mods it didn't help it. All the mods required are up to date, weapons extension are in game data folder, and my previous vehicles were delited. There is also a problem somehow connected to ai pilot part: on ground vehicles like cars, the steering is at reverse when it shouldn't be and sometimes the engines are set reverse too. I hadn't much trouble with it untill I've noticed that steering became hard as hell and vehicle was accelerating and turning on it's on, when ai computer was turned off and not in guard mode. Removing this part helped it. I think this could be connected to some latest bdarmory version bug.

Please be sure you don't have the NextStarIndustries folder in yourKSP/GameData folder it can be deleted, this is the source code for my plugin and shouldn't be installed.

15 hours ago, EldurUlfur said:

That's a pretty cool plane! Also, like NSI said, I had this problem when I put the source code in the game data folder, just delete the source code folder, with the NextStar Industries folder in it. 

Edited by william2002730

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.