[1.10.1] Next Star Industries: BDArmory Weapons Extension has been merged with Next Star Industries.

7 hours ago, Next_Star_Industries said:

@william2002730 after more testing I couldn't reproduce the short fall of bombs any further. I did go back through your photos and noticed you are only going 200 m/s, you need at least 250 m/s for GPS and Laser bombs to work correctly. At this speed I suggest using UGB bombs. As far as the rotation issue it's not really an issue that seems to be BDAc's agmballsitic code and I may have a little to much torque on some weapons testing that now.

Ok, so here's what I did, I reduced the max torque and the steer multiplier. This way the bombs point more at the target and doesn't steer away from it. Like now, ALL the problems are COMPLETELY fixed. I did the same with the B61 Mod12. 

this is my code for the B61 Mod12:

liftArea = 0.001
        steerMult = .3
        maxTorque = 8

I tweaked things quite a bit, but now it's guaranteed to hit the target flying at around 180-220m/s and an altitude of 1400-2500m. With the laser guided B61, if you drop it with the speed of around 200m/s it works, at least for me.

2 minutes ago, william2002730 said:

Ok, so here's what I did, I reduced the max torque and the steer multiplier. This way the bombs point more at the target and doesn't steer away from it. Like now, ALL the problems are COMPLETELY fixed. I did the same with the B61 Mod12. 

this is my code for the B61 Mod12:

liftArea = 0.001
        steerMult = .3
        maxTorque = 8

I tweaked things quite a bit, but now it's guaranteed to hit the target flying at around 180-220m/s and an altitude of 1400-2500m. With the laser guided B61, if you drop it with the speed of around 200m/s it works, at least for me.

Awesome thank you much! I'll put them in and test with higher altitudes and apply it in the next update again thanks.

Edited by Next_Star_Industries

6 hours ago, Next_Star_Industries said:

Please be sure you don't have the NextStarIndustries folder in yourKSP/GameData folder it can be deleted, this is the source code for my plugin and shouldn't be installed.

I am sure there was no such folder in game, but there was a dll, deleted it and still have 2 bdarmory tabs and no explosion effect. Also have this weird bug with rotary bomb rack, that places my bobms inside the aircrafts, like if I rotated them, but I didnt, this usually happens at random when the vehicle spawns. Funny thing is that it doesn't affect launching them properly.

18 hours ago, Next_Star_Industries said:

Thank you for the pictures it helps a lot and from the picture I see you have 2 BDArmory tabs, this indicates to me there is an error in the install. Be sure you don't have the NextStarIndustries folder yourKSP/GameData folder it can be deleted, this is the source code for my plugin. I believe this is your problem only install the BDArmory Weapons Extension folder into your KSP install.

8 hours ago, william2002730 said:

That's a pretty cool plane! Also, like NSI said, I had this problem when I put the source code in the game data folder, just delete the source code folder, with the NextStar Industries folder in it. 

I think im gonna back-up my gamedata folder and reinstall the game. I think the issue with the two tabs comes from a mod I installed a while ago and it could be messing things up. I checked and I only have bdarmory and your extension, not the source code :/ 

On 8/12/2017 at 4:59 AM, reckless39 said:

I am sure there was no such folder in game, but there was a dll, deleted it and still have 2 bdarmory tabs and no explosion effect. Also have this weird bug with rotary bomb rack, that places my bobms inside the aircrafts, like if I rotated them, but I didnt, this usually happens at random when the vehicle spawns. Funny thing is that it doesn't affect launching them properly.

I believe the rotary bomb rack is bugged ATM and that belongs to BDAc.

18 hours ago, reckless39 said:

So I've reinstalled the game for the 3rd time and it appears that KAS is screwing the whole thing up, even after it's uninstallation the atomic explosion doesn't appear anymore.

Do you have all the required mods installed? Module Manager and Physics Range Extender. Are you using Steam? I suggest installing MM, then BDAC, then PRE, then this mod only and then test it.

12 hours ago, reckless39 said:

Yes, I've tried reinstalling mods first, but only clean reinstall of the game without KAS helped my problem. I have no idea how it can affect explosion loading, but without it KAS it works fine (except for the lag from these huge clouds).

The lag is an issue I'm trying to deal with and hope I can line it out in a future update. It also seems that users of Steam have to do an integrity check of files not sure what this is because I don't use Steam but others have stated it helped them.

@reckless39 I have installed KAS and have ran several different tests and I can't reproduce your issue, so I'm not sure if KAS is your problem as I'm having no conflicts on my end with KAS being installed. Could you explain what you are doing when this happens so I may try to reproduce it and help solve your issue? Thank you.

On 15.08.2017 at 2:55 AM, Next_Star_Industries said:

@reckless39 I have installed KAS and have ran several different tests and I can't reproduce your issue, so I'm not sure if KAS is your problem as I'm having no conflicts on my end with KAS being installed. Could you explain what you are doing when this happens so I may try to reproduce it and help solve your issue? Thank you.

As I've already said, I install ksp, then install bdarmory, kas, extended armory, physics extender and then there are no explosions. However, if I do the same without kas, the explosions are back, thought I've noticed that their destruction range is pity (with physics extender enabled at 100km!).

4 hours ago, Abpilot said:

Wait so dose this require north kerbin dynamics because that mods having a fit and not working but will this work? I dont like downloading mods that dont work so i havent got it yet.:D

No it doesn't. 

On 8/20/2017 at 5:16 PM, Abpilot said:

Wait so dose this require north kerbin dynamics because that mods having a fit and not working but will this work? I dont like downloading mods that dont work so i havent got it yet.:D

No this mod doesn't require NKD currently, but this may change in the future. It works with the latest version of BDAc. Please refer to the OP of this thread for required downloads.

21 hours ago, reckless39 said:

As I've already said, I install ksp, then install bdarmory, kas, extended armory, physics extender and then there are no explosions. However, if I do the same without kas, the explosions are back, thought I've noticed that their destruction range is pity (with physics extender enabled at 100km!).

I'm not sure what you are doing wrong but KAS has no issues when installed with this mod and vice versa. As far as the weapons in this pack the blastRadius(destruction area) is pretty close to real world values and are based on pre-fragmented bomb casings which have twice the blastRadius of steel casings.. The nuclear weapons are based on the real world values for the 5 psi over pressure area created by a nuclear explosion of said yield. This area is the destruction area of real nukes. While light damage may occur outside this area it would only damage small structures and not military vehicles. PRE would have nothing to do with the blastRadius as the largest explosion is only 11 km.

Hello, so I installed the BDarmory, PRE, and MM, and everything seems to work fine except the weapon manager no longer works, whenever I put it on a vehicle, the option says "no weapon manager found". If uninstalled and installed multiple times and it doesn't fix it,

Edited by Cardboard345

On 8/22/2017 at 11:00 AM, Cardboard345 said:

Hello, so I installed the BDarmory, PRE, and MM, and everything seems to work fine except the weapon manager no longer works, whenever I put it on a vehicle, the option says "no weapon manager found". If uninstalled and installed multiple times and it doesn't fix it,

Please be sure you have not installed the NextStarIndustries folder.

The next update is coming along good, but will not be released until BDAc's next update is released. Please take note that the next update will be compiled for KSP 1.3.1 and will no longer work in KSP 1.3. There will be some new features implemented which will seriously improve long range weapons. Since I'll be waiting I have decided to start modeling some new weapons to take advantage of these new features. I have redone all config files to correct flight path issues. New sounds are coming as well. It appears that space battles are on the horizon as well, which will be a very fun addition. So please be patient it will be worth the wait.

BDArmory Weapons Extension CKAN install doesn't work and give this error:

Failed to download "https://spacedock.info/mod/1401/BDArmory Weapons Extension/download/v_1.8.1" - error: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.

Edited by Acvila

12 minutes ago, Acvila said:

BDArmory Weapons Extension CKAN install doesn't work and give this error:

Failed to download "https://spacedock.info/mod/1401/BDArmory Weapons Extension/download/v_1.8.1" - error: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.

This version no longer exists you will need to get v.1.9. CKAN should be updated to it already.

Just now, Acvila said:

Thanks for quick answer. Also, seems that CKAN has an older version fo BDARMORY 0.2.1.2. should i install that BDarmory also manually?

Yes it will require the 0.3.0.0 version. I'm contacting CKAN now to correct the issue they have not updated to either of the new versions.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.