[1.8-1.10] Early Bird 0.2.1

taniwha

Early Bird is a mod for better warp-to-morning functionality. Currently, it modifies the warp-to-morning feature such that warp ends five minutes before sunrise, taking the space center latitude into account (not relevant for stock Kerbin, but relevant for any planet mod that fakes axial tilt (eg, RSS)).

As Early Bird takes over the warp-to-morning button, using it is exactly the same as the stock feature.

Note that for certain latitudes at certain times of the year on bodies with tilt relative to the sun, there is no dawn (due to either midnight sun or midday dark). At such locations, local "midnight" is used in midnight sun conditions, and local "noon" is used for midday dark conditions. Also, time of day is undefined at the exact poles, so you may suffer rhino-daemons if the space center is exactly on a pole.

planned features

• adjustable time offset for warp-to-morning
  • flight mode warp-to-morning: warp to morning for the current landed location, anywhere on any planet
  • warp to arbitrary time of day
  • warp to arbitrary planet on horizon (or any other "hour")
  • KAC integration
  • orbital warp-to-"morning"

Download: Early Bird 0.2.1. Built against KSP 1.10.0 but known to work with 1.9.1 and should work for pretty much any version of KSP after 1.8.

Source code (GPL): github.

Edited by taniwha

I've released version 0.1.1 of Early Bird.

Changes from 0.1.0:

• Add an app button (currently only stock) to the space center, tracking station and flight scenes. Used to set the offset from sunrise (in minutes).
  • Avoid an NRE when looking for the WarpToMorning button (for KSP 1.2.2?)
  • Fix the warp target time calculation such that hitting the button again shortly after warp ends warps to the next day rather than not at all.
  • Fix a math error resulting in bogus day lengths when at higher latitudes on titled planets (forgot to convert latitude to radians). Many thanks to NathanKell, Theyson and Bornholio for testing in RO and Bornholio for his logs that helped me find my error.
  • Implement flight-mode warp-to-morning. Available via the flight scene app button. Works only when landed or splashed (or prelaunch, which is landed (usually)).
  • Save/load the warp target offsets to/from persistent.sfs.

Known issue: when used with KSCSwitcher, the dawn times are often bogus. This is due to a minor (because it's only just now been discovered) problem in KSCSwitcher which is being investigated.

Edited by taniwha

There is one single exception thrown, not sure if this is really a problem:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at EarlyBird.EarlyBird+<HijackWarpToMorning>c__Iterator0.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

Log:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tz11brgezp2zz3f/2017-07-04-1 KSP.log.zip?dl=1

1 minute ago, Gordon Dry said:

btw on planet packs or let's say in RSS at a different KSC location the time zone is different.

It would be great if this mod could take this into account.
"The morning where the active KSC is located at."

Is it not?  I assumed based on the second sentence in the first post it did.

1 hour ago, Gordon Dry said:

Well, hmm, I used it for 3 weeks while fiddling with RSS and only the "normal" KSC (Kennedy Space Center) had the "real" morning...

On 26/06/2017 at 3:59 PM, taniwha said:

Known issue: when used with KSCSwitcher, the dawn times are often bogus. This is due to a minor (because it's only just now been discovered) problem in KSCSwitcher which is being investigated.

@Gordon Dry: you would be well served by reading the release notes of updated versions. Certainly the NRE and very likely the incorrect dawn time were fixed in 0.1.1.

[edit]I must thank you for your logs, though: they showed me right away that you were using 0.1.0.

Edited by taniwha

2 hours ago, taniwha said:

that you were using 0.1.0

Then I'm sorry.

I guess it happened because I'm used to download from Spacedock or GitHub, because I also get notifications when something is changed there.

Because you use a special link I just didn't know ...

So now I really got an issue with the 0.1.1:

I realized it after I asked myself
"Where is the UI of the KSP Alternate Resource Panel gone?"

Then I found this:

lass EB_FlightWindow:System.NullReferenceException: 
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Behaviour:set_enabled (bool)
  at EarlyBird.EB_FlightWindow.UpdateGUIState () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EarlyBird.EB_FlightWindow.onShowUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EventVoid.Fire () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

NullReferenceException
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Behaviour:set_enabled (bool)
  at EarlyBird.EB_FlightWindow.UpdateGUIState () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EarlyBird.EB_FlightWindow.onShowUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EventVoid.Fire () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
EventVoid:Fire()
FlightDriver:SetPause(Boolean, Boolean)
KSP.UI.Screens.UISpaceCenter:Pause()
KSP.UI.Screens.UISpaceCenter:OnFacilitySpawn_MC()
EventVoid:Fire()
MissionControlBuilding:OnClicked()
SpaceCenterBuilding:EnterBuilding()
SpaceCenterBuilding:OnLeftClick()
<OnMouseTap>c__IteratorBC:MoveNext()
UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)

(Filename:  Line: -1)

a lot of it in different variants

Log:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xcudgdcxlk6b6au/2017-07-05-5 KSP.log.zip?dl=1

And I know there are also other issues with ContractConfigurator, I will remove several contract packs ...

Spoiler

This is the moment where I start to boil - pfffff - for heavens sake.
Yesterday was a neat "high fps"™ 100% physics time ratio day - after a long time - and today it's borked again - I really don't get it. ;.;

• 8 months later...

rhino = nose. ceros = horn. rhinoceros = nose-horn :)

However, rhino-daemons are daemons that come out of your nose. This is a joke about undefined behavior such as when programming language specifications are violated (i.e., when the programmer does something that the spec says is undefined behavior, it is legitimate for the compiler to cause daemons to come out of the programmers nose).

• 7 months later...
35 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Would you like me to put this into CKAN for you?

Yes, please. I've just updated my build system to create and upload an appropriate .version file. In the process creating version 0.1.4. I expect that while ti's built against KSP 1.4.5, it should work with pretty much any other version of KSP.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.