[1.4.5] AirPark Continued

gomker

AirPark - Continued

Freeze your vessels during flight. Useful for parking large vessels such as airships boats, submarines etc... Vessel will be set to a "landed" state and previous state will be recorded.

I have been maintaining the current version for some time and since the previous maintainers are no longer around I will be continuing support in this new thread.

Thanks to the original Author : @Smelly and previous maintainer : @dunclaw

• Use the supplied part to Park the vessel by right click menu 
  • When a vessel is un-parked its previous velocity and speed will be restored
  • Auto Un-Park - if set to on will un-park any vessel once within physics range
  • Current Work In progress issues
    • The toolbar functions are known to be buggy at the moment
    • I am working to move this to a Vessel module to allow for more consistent behavior

Source: https://github.com/gomker/AirPark  License: GPLv2

Current Release : https://github.com/gomker/AirPark/releases

Report Issues : https://github.com/gomker/AirPark/issues

SpaceDock : https://spacedock.info/mod/936/AirPark Continued

On 6/29/2017 at 6:48 PM, ThiccRocketScientist said:

Ships stay at 0.2 m/s while in air. Is there any way to avoid this?

Also, any way to have action groups for them? Though not a big deal.

Are the engines still on? The freezing function literally says "stay at this GPS position" every frame. Thrust will keep it moving slightly.

Action groups is something I will put in my todo list.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Been getting a consistant (as in every time) crash while it's loading AirPark_InfoDrive.  Anyone familiar with what may be causing it?  Almost bone stock, Astronomers, HLAirships and Mechjeb

Edited by Hedd

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/14/2017 at 3:09 PM, inoculator said:

Hi.
I have been pointed to this MOD to give it a try in corporation with KAS. I have KSP 1.3.1 installed and I use CKAN.
Is this MOD being compiled for it in near future?

Updated Github/Spacedock for 1.3.1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

@gomker I was wondering, are you still working on this mod? And in particular this bug? As it stands, AirPark is useful to freeze crafts mid flight and leave them there like a hovering base. But in order to continue flight, KSP currently drops the craft to the ground/ocean floor when unfreezing.

I'd like to use this mod - like I used to - for atmospheric rendezvous between one active airplane and another one waiting mid-air (auto-unpark).

12 hours ago, Antikris77 said:

@gomker I was wondering, are you still working on this mod? And in particular this bug? As it stands, AirPark is useful to freeze crafts mid flight and leave them there like a hovering base. But in order to continue flight, KSP currently drops the craft to the ground/ocean floor when unfreezing.

I'd like to use this mod - like I used to - for atmospheric rendezvous between one active airplane and another one waiting mid-air (auto-unpark).

Still am, just been a bit sick for awhile, also trying to finish this next release on BDA

I will get this and my other personal mods some love soon, real life got me a bit tied up :)

19 hours ago, gomker said:

Still am, just been a bit sick for awhile, also trying to finish this next release on BDA

I will get this and my other personal mods some love soon, real life got me a bit tied up :)

Take care and get well soon.

Some day I will be able to make them kiss. ^_^

jJvvm6r.jpgpGbDKbU.png

• 2 months later...
51 minutes ago, lBoBl said:

Does this work with 1.4 ?

Unfortunately, it isn't working for me (1.4.3 heavily modded). I didn't researched the cause, but eventually I will need it and then I will find the time to do so - unless someone does it first. :-)

Just now, Lisias said:

Unfortunately, it isn't working for me (1.4.3 heavily modded). I didn't researched the cause, but eventually I will need it and then I will find the time to do so - unless someone does it first. :-)

Ah, too bad, after a long inspection it seems to be one of the only mods in my extensive modlist which won't work at all if I update. I'm not planning to update until i recover my main gaming rig in a couple weeks though, and I wasn't currently using AirPark too much anyways so I guess I could do without it.

Kudos if you manage to get an updated version working :)

On 5/13/2018 at 11:40 AM, lBoBl said:

Kudos if you manage to get an updated version working :)

Well... I have good news and bad news. =/

The good news is that in the above link, there's a UNOFFICIAL pre-release of the last available AirPark version compiled for KSP 1.4.1 (and tested on it). And it works.

The bad news is that there's a small glitch on it that renders the thing unusable. When switching vessels (or EVA), the thing auto-unparks and even by going back you can't do nothing as the part still thinks she's parked and don't allow you to park it again. I uploaded this unofficial pre-release in the case that anyone wants to test it with me in order to pursue a fix.

What leads me to question @gomker about his/her plans for the plugin - do you still plan to maintain it? If yes, assuming I manage to fix it, do you want me to open an issue on your repo and later apply a pull request?

Edited by Lisias
better phrasing

3 hours ago, Lisias said:

The bad news is that there's a small glitch on it that renders the thing unusable. When switching vessels (or EVA), the thing auto-unparks and even by going back you can't do nothing as the part still thinks she's parked and don't allow you to park it again

Known issue I made in the github tracker months ago, been broken like this since 1.3

27 minutes ago, Drew Kerman said:

Known issue I made in the github tracker months ago, been broken like this since 1.3

I have to remember that at least some projects effectively use the issue tracking!

EDIT: I passed through the issues, and this appears to be related but exactly equal. On "my" issue, the vessel falls as a rock. They are not being gently placed on the ground, they are on free fall being accelerated by G.

Edited by Lisias

I had some time to spare today and revisited the issue.

Well, things are not so bad as it appears (besides being bad nevertheless). I made some tests using Blimps (Heisenberg and Hooligan Labs), and got to this results:

1. When switching from the parked vessel  to a near one, physics kicks in and "land" the parked blimp. The thing doesn't falls as a rock, it gently touch down and stays there - benefits of being weightless. :-)
  2. The "Anchor" U.I loses track of the vessel, but if you focus on it and manually selects the AirPark part, you can manage it from there.
  3. If the parked vessel is far enough of the last focused vessel, AirPark works as expected.
    1. Sort of - the Altitude widget says 0 meters high, besides my blimp being 12.000 meters above the ground. :-)

So... Yeah, the behaviour described on the issues are confirmed on my setup (and a new small bug appears to be discovered on the U.I.).

The good news is that the thing *are* working - as long as nobody else tampers with it.

I just realized that I have World Stabilizer installed too on my setup, and since it appears to co-work (or perhaps, live together) the stock Physics stabilizer, perhaps by analysing this code we can find something of use.

On 5/15/2018 at 9:27 PM, Storywalker4 said:

Do we have any idea on when a fix will come?

Don't hold your breath. :-( There're people working on it, but real-life issues are always a hindrance.

• 4 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.