Text color default values for mods' GUI

In many mods I see the 4 text colors

• white for text
  • green for "all right"
  • yellow for "hmm"
  • red for "darn!"

On the blueish-greyish GUI background the red is badly readable IMHO.

Instead of bothering all mod devs about this I suggest that KSP provides a new sub menu in the main game settings for the GUI text colors.
Perhaps also the GUI background color values / gradients etc.

Defaulting to actual values but changeable by the user.

With a proper preview.

Mods should automatically use these color values.

Problem 1: Squad would have to predict where the developer wants to show emphasis.  They could design a set of emphasis styles but some developers use several degrees of emphasis.

Problem 2: Some developers enjoy designing GUI, I'm one of them.  Though I just did my first Unity/KSP GUI (well, redesign), I've been doing .NET GUI for a long time.  If you remove what I enjoy I might not be inclined to continue doing it.  It isn't like I'm getting paid, I do it because it is fun.  They could make it optional and have settings for the user to choose, but it should remain up to the developer how to use it.  Which brings us to:

Side Note 3: This exists, just without the user control.  Of course, I'm new to this so I just discovered how it all works last week.  However, in Unity there are Skins and Styles and KSP has a default skin, which the developer can modify (I found that out by accident, the current release of AGM currently screws up KER's design, I spent yesterday fixing it... I regret nothing!)

So a mod could do this, make the user control that is. However, if the mod changed the default style it would only apply to mods who are using the default style exclusively.  The GUI I made for AGM uses almost entirely custom text styles, largely because I hate all green text... it makes my eyes hurt.  I did however carefully choose colors already used by KSP, so it does match. 

Unity 5 also has Asset bundles which also adds another problem as I don't think those use the styles. (Don't quote me on that though, I'm not 100% certain)

Oh and another issue is images.  If you force text colors, you are likely to end up with colors that don't compliment the images being used.

Edited by Alshain

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.