Kontrol 1 - a KSP Control panel in progress

Benji

Hej everyone.

I'm building a Kontrol panel that communicates with KSP through...

I will try to document the changes and the progress.

I'm planing Kontrol 1 to be two seperate Arduino boards. It's made out of modules, that will be connected via real cables and sockets to ensure connectivity and prevent chaos.

For now I'm working on MaKoCo - Manuel Kontrol Computer. It will have all the controls I need and some LCD's and Volt-Meters to display flight information.

Later there will be AuPiTe - Automated Piloting Terminal. It will be programmable through txt-file-scripts (, which have to be present at compiling-time). Leading to different procedures to launch different crafts or landing on venus, mars, etc.

For start, here is a rather chaotic picture. I will describe all the functions later.

FtY4Sgw.jpg

Edited by Benji

• 2 weeks later...
On 28.6.2017 at 2:52 PM, stibbons said:

I'm curious about that little keypad panel in the bottom left. Looks like the same sort of membrane switches as your keypad, but I've never seen anything like it before. Was it salvaged from another device?

No no, I found it on Amazon.

It's a bit like the other membrane keypad. But it is 1-dimensional. It has 1 pin corresponding to 1 row. And 6 pins, connected to the 6 buttons/collumns. And two extra pins to light up the LED. At first I was very confused by these 9 pins, but after trying a few minutes I managed to understand. Because unlike the 4x4 matrix keypad the rows are not marked in black near the jacks.

And unlike the 4x4 matrix keypad it works like a charm. The Matrix keypad is a bit wonky, doesn't work sometimes or you have to really press hard.

Edited by Benji

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.