[0.20] RemoteTech: Relay Network – V 0.5.0.1

JDP

This seems like a pretty easy fix if you know the API. I was able to get LOS working again just by commenting out that line. I completely suck at 3 dimensional vectors so as of now, the lines in the Planetarium are glitched out, but i'll mess with that next.

Just thought i'd say i'm rooting for the maker to update this mod, i hope your exam goes well and i am dying to see this fixed as im waiting for it to start a mission to duna involving a drop pod to explore and leaving the debris behind as a controlable isamap sat. Good luck :)

Hi, guys. I changed 'Planetarium.InverseScaleFactor' to 'ScaledSpace.InverseScaleFactor' in RemoteCore.cs and there is no more lag and the remote controls work. The only problem is that the map lanes are a little screwy (just turn it off). Here's the source and dll file. Hope it works!

Edit: Removed link. Didn't work all the way.

Edited by Spaceghöst

Hi, guys. I changed 'Planetarium.InverseScaleFactor' to 'ScaledSpace.InverseScaleFactor' in RemoteCore.cs and there is no more lag and the remote controls work. The only problem is that the map lanes are a little screwy (just turn it off). Here's the source and dll file. Hope it works!

http://www./download.php?rvvmm6jv60ilhy6

Giving it a try now, Will edit w/ the results.

The signal still travels straight through the planet, And disregards antenna range. I have my pods edited to have internal antennas w/ a range of 250. Once you loose 'contact' the controls go crazy and the ship becomes uncontrollable in a kraken-like tumble, but still responds to input.

Edited by Subcidal

Bummer. Figured it wouldn't be that easy, but not exactly that bad. Can't get any radio contact out at Mun, even when pointing the dishes.

I was able to get it to work outside kerbin space, no problem on my version(which just has the map rendering code commented out). I didnt try the mun however. I did notice I needed dish in radio range of ksp for it to work however.

I'll try the Mun and get back to you.

BTW, the delay from light speed gets pretty bad out there(80+ seconds)

Working for me. That is within the Mun's SOI and relaying via a quick rocket I sent up vertically from ksp to get los. The relay near ksp is aimed at the Mun, the Mun bound rocket is aiming at Kerbin.

0Xw7jl.png

I attached my version below until JDP can get around to doing a proper fix. I couldn't figure out the map issue, so I disabled it, the show path button will do nothing on this version.

Edited by tomato3017

Hi everyone, I did something stupid and got a lander on the mun with a remotecommand module on it to control a mun rover. However, I didn't realise until looking around and finding this page that i needed my command pod to have 5 kerbals in it instead of 3... does anyone know how to edit the config file to change this? I've had a look but can't see any properties that would help with this. I don't want to have to edit my rocket and get it all the way to the moon again because I'm pretty bad at this game and it takes me a while aha.. Thanks!

Thank you! I'll probably use that for the time being. For now I'm going back to learn more coding, it's apparent my skills are woefully inadequate. :confused:

NP, I suck too... I am use to doing netcode and winforms stuff so it's new to me to. And apparently map rendering is one of the harder things to do from what I understand.

Hi everyone, I did something stupid and got a lander on the mun with a remotecommand module on it to control a mun rover. However, I didn't realise until looking around and finding this page that i needed my command pod to have 5 kerbals in it instead of 3... does anyone know how to edit the config file to change this? I've had a look but can't see any properties that would help with this. I don't want to have to edit my rocket and get it all the way to the moon again because I'm pretty bad at this game and it takes me a while aha.. Thanks!

Go to KSP\PluginData\Remotech\ and open settings.cfg, change "RemoteCommand Crew = 5" to your desired number, save and (re)start game. This should do the trick.

Don't give up, flying to the mun will be a piece of cake for you in no time! ;-)

Edited by bimbo0099

Hi, kr2p! Go to PluginData\remotetech folder. You'll find the cfg there. (Edit: I got beat to the punch! Haha.)

And apparently map rendering is one of the harder things to do from what I understand.

I've muxed around with code for a bit today. Nothing interesting. Did try using the MapView class, rather then PlanetariumCamera. Seems it does almost the same thing. lol

Edited by Spaceghöst

Go to KSP\PluginData\Remotech\ and open settings.cfg, change "RemoteCommand Crew = 5" to your desired number, save and (re)start game. This should do the trick.

Don't give up, flying to the mun will be a piece of cake for you in no time! ;-)

Thank you thats exactly what I was looking for! I was trying the cfg file in the remotecommand parts folder.

And I think I'm getting there haha, after spending far too long aiming at the moon and going full throttle with no success, I've learnt to get things safely in orbit around kerbin and then orbit the moon. Its the last bit of actually landing without travelling too fast along the ground and smashing the lander that I still struggle with.

Working for me. That is within the Mun's SOI and relaying via a quick rocket I sent up vertically from ksp to get los. The relay near ksp is aimed at the Mun, the Mun bound rocket is aiming at Kerbin.

0Xw7jl.png

I attached my version below until JDP can get around to doing a proper fix. I couldn't figure out the map issue, so I disabled it, the show path button will do nothing on this version.

The path line issue is an easy one, I simply changed it to

line.SetPosition(i, ScaledSpace.LocalToScaledSpace(network.ControlPath.nodes[i].Position));

The only issue now is it lags behind when rotating the map view but it's better than nothing. I'm not sure how to fix this without some proper API documentation

I tried to recompile the code from source in 0.17 for myself, and it's impossible because the 'InverseScaleFactor' definition from the 'Planetarium' class does not exist anymore in 0.17. (why the dev removed it ? I don't know...)

As I just wanted to add the UI hiden by default (like mechjeb), I recompiled the DLL with the old version 0.16 with my little modification and it work. But I think this mod will be broken somewhere for 0.17...

If someone have enough skill, here is the line that cause problem :

line.SetPosition(i, network.ControlPath.nodes[i].Position * Planetarium.InverseScaleFactor);

Replacing 'Planetarium.InverseScaleFactor' with something working in 0.17 will maybe fix the problem.

If you replace this line with:

line.SetPosition(i, ScaledSpace.LocalToScaledSpace(network.ControlPath.nodes[i].Position));

The lines seem to draw correctly, however they do seem to jump around a bit when rotating the camera.

I haven't tested this on anything other than some satellites orbiting kerbin, so no guarantees that it work's 100%.

0Xw7jl.png

I downloaded your fix and have spent the entire night trying to get any form of remote control to work however i am having no luck at all i can't control anything. Main craft has 7 crew with a remote command centre part and probodyne antenna, then cart or rocket has remote control part plus antenna, nothing. Tried using sattelites aswell, nothing. Im giving up for tonight but thanks to everyone who is helping to try and fix this :)

If you replace this line with:

The lines seem to draw correctly, however they do seem to jump around a bit when rotating the camera.

This works for me, so far! :P

It is jumpy, but a great step! Using ScaledSpace.InverseScaleFactor just didn't work for me, just made huge blue triangular box that glided in one direction. Here's what it looks like now, got three nodes connected. My mothership, to mapsat, and then mission control.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33678[/ATTACH]

Btw - Welcome to the forums! :D

Edited by Spaceghöst
Almost forgot...

So...am I correct in the assessment that the lot of you have fixed-up the plugin, removing the lag and adding the map lines? Because if so...might one of you be willing to compile a dll with the fixes for the rest of us? :P

P.S.: Nice work everyone. I'm all happy and stuff now. RCT is the one update I've been waiting for before I got back to any serious space exploration in my main persistence file. :D

Hi, phoenix_ca! Sorry... figured someone might post their version since mine has some extra edits. Granted, it shouldn't break anything. I just decided to use the MapView class in line.SetWidth, rather then Planetarium. CelestialBody also confused me, since referenceBody is it's member, rather then 'body'. I changed that up slightly. So if anyone looks at the source, don't laugh at me please. :blush:

http://www./?2q5aji0wwix4y0d

Jiggly map lines or no, it's still nice to have a temp fix. Most important is that you've quashed the lag-a-licious error (though it kinda underlines a good programming lesson, and that's to use exception catches where you can :P .

And thanks. I'm running Windows right now (I don't do any development in it, as a basic rule...the command line is atrocious >.< ) while I play KSP.

Hi, phoenix_ca! Sorry... figured someone might post their version since mine has some extra edits. Granted, it shouldn't break anything. I just decided to use the MapView class in line.SetWidth, rather then Planetarium. CelestialBody also confused me, since referenceBody is it's member, rather then 'body'. I changed that up slightly. So if anyone looks at the source, don't laugh at me please. :blush:

http://www./?2q5aji0wwix4y0d

Psh, all I did in the original fix was comment out a line and change a bool, so you did better then me. Hard to mess with the MapView stuff when documentation on those classes is virtually non-existent.