[0.20] RemoteTech: Relay Network – V 0.5.0.1

JDP

Lol yeah sorry about that, I waited as long as I could for post approval so I could edit my silliness out and quietly eat my crow on my own; unfortunately, midterms are a very real part of my life right now and they took precedence. Thanks for providing my crow on a silver platter, though!! :3

Been using the fixed version, But i get the feeling that antennas cause lag. I have a bunch of comm towers set up and whenever i would look in a direction that had the majority 'on' my screen I could see my framerate drop quite a bit.

Probably effects dishes too, Haven't really used any yet.

Has anyone had any issues with RemoteTech based craft being non-solid, like they had a no-clip cheat active?

I have a craft that launches a number of probes which can land. However sometimes on landing the probe sinks into the ground and then shows an orbital path inside the planet! If I switch away from the probe to a far away vessel and then back before I land it, then it will land fine and not sink.

These probes can also dock with another craft (using Erkle64's warpclamp). If I switch away from the docked probes or timewarp, then when I return and undock them they are ethereal (no-clipy) and can pass though the other ships. If I leave them undocked and switch to a faraway vessel and back again then they are solid again. I can dock and undock fine and keep the probes solid so long as I don't switch far away or timewarp while they are docked.

I guess this is due to RemoteTech not being initialised when undocking or decoupling (kinda like ASAS doesn't work until you switch away from and back to the uncoupled RT craft). I've mentioned this on Erkle64's warpclamp thread too.

Excuse me if I'm being dumb; There must be some action which gets triggered when switching to the RT craft from far away (or via tracking station) which initialises the mod (gets the ASAS working etc). Is it possible to have a manual trigger for that action? I'd be happy with a button on the RT interface that calls it. Is that possible or am I star gazing again?

(I'm using the temp fix version which is great aside from the above (which also happened with previous version in 0.16 too))

who can give fix version for 0.17 plz!! don't source, complete fix version for 0.17... sorry for my english

Try reading a few pages back. If you are looking for a fix, it is best to read at least some of the previous pages before writing a post.

Try reading a few pages back. If you are looking for a fix, it is best to read at least some of the previous pages before writing a post.

I'm sorry, but I do not understand most of the text on the board. So I ask the finished version of the plugin with the parts , and not separate plugin, and I do not know if this will be fixed to work, and how to install it?

Psh, all I did in the original fix was comment out a line and change a bool, so you did better then me. Hard to mess with the MapView stuff when documentation on those classes is virtually non-existent.

Haha. Just trial and error on my part. Makes it easier using these DLL's for reference.

http://kspwiki.nexisonline.net/wiki/Setting_up_Visual_Studio

Here's a new DLL file. I cleaned up my mess. Mainly just reverting stuff that I was testing and forgot about. MapView is still used instead of PlanetariumCamera.

RemoteTech Temp Fix for KSP 0.17

http://www./?7q0aokimzwza7aa

Edited by Spaceghöst

I could need some help with this Plug-In. I really like it so far, I managed to get some of its features going:

I parked a Command-Truck at the KSC, equipped with 2 IP-dishes, 2 regular dishes and an antenna, and I have a satellite in orbit successfully relaying the radio-signal to an interplanetary probe on its way to Jool. But this is where the trouble started:

The signal to the probe is ~10s delayed. Everything works as you would expect (and I like it a lot so far!), but one control doesn't work like it should, the throttle. It just won't go over ~5%. I keep shift pressed for about 5s, and after the delay, the throttle will just go up those 5% and start budging around there. Even if I keep pressing shift for about a minute, there is no real noticeable difference.

I'm using version 0.17 , RemoteTech 0.34, with the temp fix found at post #310 and those mods:

-Carts v1.34

-Fuel Transfer Mod v0.1.4 (no parts used in the savegame I'm testing RemoteTech)

-CrewAbleEmptyPods v0.3.1

Any ideas, comments, tips? I think I skimmed through the whole thread, but if I missed something concerning this problem, I would be grateful if you could point me in the right direction. Have to say it's a blast plug-in so far, adding some really cool features to play with! Keep up the good work!

Welcome to the forums, Meathook!

<del>I believe you shouldn't put more then one antenna and/or satellite dish piece of RemoteTech on any vessel. So just put on one antenna, a controller (remote or command), and one sat dish (big or small one). The RC antenna should act as a controller and antenna simultaneously, but it has a very short range. Having more then one controller shouldn't be a problem, since their meant to be attached to multiple items you'd like controlled (staged debris for example). Try that out and let me know if that works... hopefully!</del>

Ok, I'm getting my parts mixed up. Thanks for the correction, CAPflyer.

Edited by Spaceghöst

There is no problem putting more than one antenna on a vehicle as long as you have the proper fixes installed so it's not trying to pull information from defunct part classes and information. All my communication satellites have 3 sat dishes and a UHF antenna and work fine without any reduction in FPS with the fixes applied in 0.17 and were working just fine in 0.16.

Thank you for your reply, Spaceghȫst!

I started another try and reduced the equipment on my probe. At the moment it consists of the RemotePod, a additional RemoteControl Unit (I'll try it again without it later) and a IP Satdish. With the delay aroung 1s the throttle still took about ten times as long to go from 0% to 100% and it was constantly fudging around like the ASAS does with your controls when it's constantly correcting little misallignments.

The only thing I can think of is that you'll have to send a manned crew out there with a RT command module (with antenna, dish, etc), edit the config in PluginData\remotetech and set 'RemoteCommand Crew = 3' else you'll need 5 Kerbals, that way your control signal will be shorter. I haven't tested this, so don't quote me. lol

JDP should be back soon, he did say the end of this month. I'll try and do some tests and see what I can do, which unfortunately won't be much. :0.0:

Ok, I got bored. Wanted to add node lines to the Tracking Station (MapView?) view, but got sidetracked and decided to mess with onPartFixedUpdate. So I used onPartUpdate instead, which is called once per frame, rather then once per physics update. I'm sure there's a better way, but the node lines seem a bit snappier, and I haven't noticed any frame rate loss.

So please use this one at your own risk! Let me know if you notice anything... interesting. :P

RemoteTech Temp Fix for KSP 0.17 (Tester)

http://www./?7us623cl3tircj4 - source included

Heck yeah! This mod is awesome. I gotta thank KospY for finding the problem, Tomato for helping and making the first temp fix, BoJaN for fixing the line drawing issue, and Mortaq (out of no where!) to confirm. Obviously can't forget JDP and the rest. lol... Teamwork FTW! :D

Edited by Spaceghöst

RemoteTech 0,35 released.

After a long delay, RemoteTech is finally 0.17 compatible. Lets start out with a brief changelog:

• Applied the 0.17 compatibility fixes developed by community members.
    these cover the new way of handling coordinates in KSP, which was what caused the old version of RT to lag horribly. This version should not lag at all, and moreover, the handling of interplanetary relay paths has been much improved. This fix is wholly the work of Spaceghȫst et al.
  • fixed an exploit that could give zero delay at interplanetary distances.
    This exploit is as old as the idea of relay network plugins (going all the way back to the original from The_Duck).
  • fixed the buggy throttle controls introduced in 0.17.
    Gone are the days where you spend ages getting up to full throttle, only to be stuck there.
  • In a rare fit of mercy I changed the default crew requirement for RemoteCommand to 3. I'd hoped that 0.17 would include a stock crew tank. And seeing as I don't want my plugin to require anything else, I chose to lower the requirement.

Unfortunately I couldn't find a way of stabilizing the visual signal path. It seems to be a visual bug inherent in the conversion from local- to scaled space. I might someday try to find a way of doing all the graphical work exclusively in scaledSpace, eliminating the need for conversions. It seems like there are some delay issues, coupled with some floating point errors.

Thanks and credits:

Safe to say, I would not be able to release this version without the phenomenal work of this community. It is a rare thing for so many people to step up and volunteer their time and work, and spontaneously do it in a coordinated fashion too!

My main thanks go out to the community at large, but I really should mention the following people:

• SpaceghÈ«st: For refining and assembling the final community build.
  • Tomato: For more or less starting the whole thing.
  • BoJaN: For finding a method of coordinate conversion.
  • Mortaq: For finding the exact same method, at the exact same time. On his first forum post I might add.

With this done, I think I shall spend the rest of my Sunday establishing my first interplanetary relay network :D.

Cheers,

-JDP