[0.20] RemoteTech: Relay Network – V 0.5.0.1

JDP

They won't open and they have no functionality, they deploy automatically in the VAB when I place them and poof they are done after that :(

Did you install the ModuleManager plus associated config files? And let this be yet another reminder: RemoteTech 2 has not been released and is just for testing.

I did the usual take game data folder and overwrite existing game data folder

That should've been enough. I deleted a duplicate ModuleManager yesterday, might wanna replace it with the latest version in case I screwed up.

I've been using RT for a little while. I hope there will be a way to update or modify legacy parts as not to destroy current working networks. I would hate to lose my command control station. I was lucky enough not to lose any craft or break my game during the .21 update. Even if the old models get repurposed. I don't care so much for my satellites but the stations, rover probes and large vessels were a triumph to get into the big black. I'd hate to lose it all now.

That should've been enough. I deleted a duplicate ModuleManager yesterday, might wanna replace it with the latest version in case I screwed up.

I don't suppose you could shoot me the link to the MM that you use?

I've been using RT for a little while. I hope there will be a way to update or modify legacy parts as not to destroy current working networks. I would hate to lose my command control station. I was lucky enough not to lose any craft or break my game during the .21 update. Even if the old models get repurposed. I don't care so much for my satellites but the stations, rover probes and large vessels were a triumph to get into the big black. I'd hate to lose it all now.

As stated many times before RT2 will break your previous saves

I'm writing this out of optimism since I don't know what's feasible and what isn't with mods. Anyway, in the new version of the mod it would be really awesome to see dishes able to automatically change between a chosen set targets depending on which are in range. Imagine you have three relay satellites at geosyncronous orbit and you have a probe in really high orbit. It would be really handy if when selecting targets, you could give it a priority list rather than one fixed target, that way it would switch as the satellites come in and go out of range. You would have one dish doing the work of three.

I haven't tested RT2 out yet, but in RT1 this was possible by aiming the probe's dish at the orbital body instead of at a particular commsat. In your case, target Kerbin with the probe's dish and it will automatically receive signal from the appropriate geosynchronous sats.

Hi!

I was wondering what the best way would be to use this tool selectively. I do want to have a network in place, but I do not want to rely on it all the time.

What would be the best way to achieve this?

I was thinking of using only stock antennae in combination with the compatibility pack. Then removing or adding the pack (and addon) as needed.

The reason being that I don't want any craft deleted or exploded that contain parts from this pack when it's currently removed.

Am I missing a good idea?

Well i have reinstalled the MM using the one included in the RT2 download and still all the AIES dishes and antenna do not function, they extend in VAB automatically and have no right click menu when launched

What you can try to do (just an idea) is to throw a comms station probe onto the second runway on the island and have it connect to your ship that you want to launch with a dish. That will double the range of the retracted antenna and allow you to get out of the atmosphere before deploying them.

All assuming you are going for a standard launch along 90 degrees, otherwise place more probes in different directions to suit your needs.

What you can try to do (just an idea) is to throw a comms station probe onto the second runway on the island and have it connect to your ship that you want to launch with a dish. That will double the range of the retracted antenna and allow you to get out of the atmosphere before deploying them.

All assuming you are going for a standard launch along 90 degrees, otherwise place more probes in different directions to suit your needs.

That's not the problem i mean the dish is broken, it wont, do anything, but only the AIES equipment

Edited by Toyotawolf

I would just like to say I AM an IDIOT. My apologies, RT 1 was still installed which broke all the new stuff now that its just RT2 its fixed, doh. will there be any self contained probes for RT2 like the aeroprobe and what not? Will the one dish that looked like 4 fins come back?

So while i am play testing this, RT2 does not appear to contain any Signal Processing Units as well... is that on purpose? Love the look of the mod now by the way.

Edit: I couldn't see the lil calculator, apparently this Mod keeps out smarting me :(

Anyways, what is bifrost? is that like something from the avengers? can i open a gate to a planet? jk, but no really what is it?

Edited by Toyotawolf

This has been possible for quite some time in RemoteTech 1 (you can open the flight computer of multiple vessels at once) and is supported by the backend of RemoteTech 2. We just have yet to implement an interface for it.

For now, you can actually get multiple flight computers open at once by simply not closing them when switching vessel focus. Each flight computer will control the vessel from which you opened it.

Gave it a try, and it worked pretty well. Though, I had to tab between the two crafts to see their individual flight computer screens. Not sure how I could have both screens open at once.

With multiple flight computers open, will RT2 have an option to send the commands to the multiple crafts with a single click?

I'll have to give the RT2 playtesting a shot tonight.

So while i am play testing this, RT2 does not appear to contain any Signal Processing Units as well... is that on purpose? Love the look of the mod now by the way.

Edit: I couldn't see the lil calculator, apparently this Mod keeps out smarting me :(

Anyways, what is bifrost? is that like something from the avengers? can i open a gate to a planet? jk, but no really what is it?

The lack of SPUs is intentional; by default RemoteTech will now add SPU functionality to all the stock cores.

Anyone able to target the current build from this AM? I launched a manned crew with a couple dishes, and nothing happened when I hit the target button. I'll have to get the name of the dishes I was using tomorrow, but I saw it with two types.

I have encountered something new with RT2, unless someone can tell me that it is a bug with the way i installed it. But even with antenna installed and powered on the ship is uncontrollable, and then when i can control it, it is sluggish and the throttle bobs up and down and up and down it is so weird.

I have encountered something new with RT2, unless someone can tell me that it is a bug with the way i installed it. But even with antenna installed and powered on the ship is uncontrollable, and then when i can control it, it is sluggish and the throttle bobs up and down and up and down it is so weird.

Sounds like the 1 second delay implemented to test delay due to speed of light limitations. Right click your command probe to toggle it off. The current delay should be shown right below your time warp, if it shows 1.00001 or something while messing around near the KSC your test delay is on.

That's probably because the default comm delay is 1 second in the dev build, causing those issues you are experiencing.

so are the dishes working? as I've got 2 satellites in geosynchronous orbit one over kerbin space centre. When I set up a dish pointing at each other I get no signal.. no line of sight issues either. Both using a 50Mm ranged antenna?