Mini SR-71 Drone

Mini SR-71 Drone

This little craft has been a Diamond in rough. I started testing it and shared it with @klond for further testing and he discovered that the craft can Circumnavigate! This was a shocker, further testing was revealing some takeoff problems. The craft was not holding very well to the center of the Runway, I've try a few configurations with the location of the fuel and this helped, also the amount of fuel was making a difference. I decided to leave the craft light on fuel for better takeoffs and performance. If you would like to Circumnavigate Kerbin you will need to top off the entire craft with fuel.

The craft was looking a little fast paced so I decided to go with some classic rock for the video.

Operations: Use SAS and the entire Runway. If your using full throttle you may need to give quick taps to steer back to the center of the Runway. Full Warp is ok. Landings are a little difficult but the craft will brake suddenly after touchdown.

Klond's Test Flight

v4bphG9.png

Spoiler

XY0wSNn.png

High Altitude Testing

TxvstJI.png

Here I was going for more details but the craft was not handling well, nor was it looking clean.

9GRg1NP.png

0DMo7SK.png

Going places quickly

WhBZi3n.png

YM5KNpD.png

Something had my curiosity 

Spoiler

Yep! Jeb can ride on it...

eVAmHoa.png

DrcP8Nh.png

Craft File: Mini SR-71 Drone
Parts: 28
Mass: 1.726t
Height: 1.8m
Width: 3.7m
Length: 5.8m

Edited by Castille7

4 hours ago, Bubbadevlin said:

Cool! Even more fitting that I just saw an SR71 today! 

Thank you, and seeing one must have been really cool. I've seen photos of a few of them together, didn't realize so many were built.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.