If you ever made a stuntplane, ever "invent" a stunt you love?

Draconiator

First some context.  One of my latest builds was used for this.

46f53fd5ab0992def8262a05f873937c.png

Rear view - those are shrunk Junos

8b524e71389a1c390cf3e7b06b194ca6.png

Anyway, it's supposed to be highly maneuverable, so I decide to take it through its paces, and not only does it fly exactly as I envisioned, it's so small that the reaction wheel in the cockpit makes it able to do stunts that would be impossible if it were bigger.  Here's a stunt I came up with that really struck me as unique.  Starts as a loop, but then turns into a series of tiny "looplets".

And I also drew a diagram of it.  Thinking of calling it "The Kidney" because it looks like one on the diagram.

605c8ee95304155685016b0a8ee4c843.png

Any of you guys come up with something similar?

I came up with one I call the "lose control while trying to do a loop-de-loop and fall down into a fiery death and bankrupt the space program due to all those lawyers"

a bit self explanatory, but you should see it!

Edited by StupidAndy

Flying a CFA44 Nosferatu replica in KSP, I make an acrobatic aerial maneuvering that I loved. Here's the step:

-fly on a level flight above ground

-suddenly pitch up into 80 degree angle with afterburner on while performing roll as it climbs

-on 5000 meter altitude, cut off the engine while pitch up hard to perform kulbit maneuver so that the nose pointing downward at 315 degree angle

-dive with afterburner on and suddenly pull up to level flight just before it touches the ground as it perform roll maneuver

Sometimes an important piece falls off the nose of an airplane in flight, causing the CoM to shift dramatically aft. Happens to everybody sometime or other, right?

On two separate occasions — neither of which were recorded, sadly — I successfully piloted the damaged airplane to a perfect landing, flying backwards. Tricycle gear becomes a taildragger, and all controls reversed. It was cool.

All attempts to duplicate the stunt deliberately have met with utter failure.

I barnstormed both hangars at the island runway once.

Took off from KSC, flew to the island and through one hangar. Pulled up, looped and flew through the other hangar then landed on the runway by the tower.

Landing this asymmetrical disaster is pretty much a stunt:

Spoiler

MM0DdFP.jpg

Managed to land it both with and without FAR, back in the day.  It does NOT fly well...  I call it the "OM#G ... no.. left.. left.. right... nose up.. no.. bad... left... argh!  phew..." landing stunt.

(the non-FAR version was slightly different.. I think I took off the little flaps on the front wings)

My favorite one was a high TWR VTOL stunt plane that I liked to flip on take-off. Brakes on, all engines on, pitch up, turning off VTOL engines when vertical, then flying off upside down for a bit to get speed before rolling. If I toggled the VTOL engines right I could even manage a full flip from take-off, but that was a bit riskier.

Probably my favorite stunts would be: flying a flying wing backwards (briefly), landing a cargo plane on an aircraft carrier, performing a flip shortly after takeoff in a supermaneuverable fighter jet, or flying so low I clip some poor bloke's tailfin off (DMP). I have of course flown underneath the various bridges and hangers.

Dunno if I really "invented" those though...

Edited by EpicSpaceTroll139

• 4 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.