Win 10, build 16226 - KSP 1.3 no longer working

Hello gang,

Unmodded KSP_x64 dir on desktop, earlier this week went to run it and got a video mismatch error for screen size. 

Pulled the directory and reinstalled, both by installer and by extracting the x64 dir from that package.

Not running, just sits on black screen, on occasion the cursor changes to a pointer, but that's it, no loading graphics or info.

Drivers are up to date, no other new software installed, anyone else having issues?

Marc

Haven't tried the latest build yet. I'm still complaining about Edge breaking when you have Software Restriction Policy enabled on 1703.

When 1703 first came out some folks complained about KSP not loading in DX9 mode, due to some third-party component needing an update. If you have third-party things hooking into DirectX 9, try turning those off. I'd also be curious if -force_opengl or -force_d3d11 had any impact.

Also remember you're working with an unreleased build of Windows 10. The Insider Program folks will want to know about this.

Edited by Gordon Fecyk

4 hours ago, Samssonart said:

This seems to be a common issue on that particular preview build, the gist of it is that Windows tells you your graphics card drivers are installed but they're really not. Sadly I don't think there's anything we can do about it other than to wait for Microsoft and/or Nvidia/AMD to patch this up.

I don't believe all that that website says... :)

I've had no issues with this build, nor most of the others that came before it. KSP had always worked fine, I'm just surprised.

This lappy uses the intel HD 4000 integrated chipset, looked and latest are installed.

Been reported already on insider feedback. It's not a dealbreaker for me, I have plenty of systems, this is not a primary one that I play on. Primarily I used to just build with it and then transfer ships to my primary rig for use :)

I agree that it is entirely possible that on the next build it may work too, stranger things have occurred. . . 

It continues ...

Next new build, and same thing, though I manually updated the Intel HD4000 drivers to the latest from Intel's site.

At one point though, I got the unable to switch monitor resolution, for this lappy, can't find a particular "monitor" driver either.

1.2.2 no longer working as well, so I know it;s something on the OS side, just frustrating.

My main rig is nvidia, but well supported, not worried about it on 10, as it is not taking insider builds.

Well, got it squared away, seems the "panel fit options" was set to "maintain display scaling", I set to  "Scale Full Screen" and poof!   It's back!

Interesting, as I had never had to fool with those options before, but stranger things have occurred.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.