[1.4-1.7] BetterLoadSaveGame 2.4

jefftimlin

6 hours ago, LejArdo said:

Very good MOD, I've been using this for long time, until 1.5x....

Please keep updating this mod with 1.5x 1.6x 1.7x....I can't play without this mod installed.

Best wishes!

Hey thanks for the feedback, I'm glad you've found it useful!

I'll have a look at updating it soon, probably this weekend.

5 hours ago, jefftimlin said:

Hey thanks for the feedback, I'm glad you've found it useful!

I'll have a look at updating it soon, probably this weekend.

Thank you!

In fact, I'm using this mod with 1.61 now, seems everything runs fine!

2 minutes ago, infohata said:

It seems like the newest Chrome Version 74.0.3729.169 is suspecting some evil in your release zip of 2.4

Odd. I just tried it myself with the same version and get a warning saying it's "not commonly downloaded and may be dangerous". Is that the message you mean? It suggests to me that it's just that it doesn't recognise it, rather than detecting anything specific. Not sure I can do anything about that.

You can click the arrow and choose "Keep" to download it, and scan it with your virus scanner before opening it, if you like.

On 5/27/2019 at 3:20 PM, jefftimlin said:

Odd. I just tried it myself with the same version and get a warning saying it's "not commonly downloaded and may be dangerous". Is that the message you mean? It suggests to me that it's just that it doesn't recognise it, rather than detecting anything specific. Not sure I can do anything about that.

You can click the arrow and choose "Keep" to download it, and scan it with your virus scanner before opening it, if you like.

It seems like it is an issue with some other zips from here as well. Even linuxgamer's memgraph newest version got it now. False positive of course, just saying that Chrome got paranoid from now on. Sure I figured out how to "keep" it :)

• 1 month later...

Would you consider doing a new "load craft" screen?  It could use some filtering options, and a bigger window.  A bigger window so you can actually see the craft file pictures and also so you don't have to scroll as much.

If you could that would be amazing and make playing the game so much better.

44 minutes ago, jpinard said:

Would you consider doing a new "load craft" screen?  It could use some filtering options, and a bigger window.  A bigger window so you can actually see the craft file pictures and also so you don't have to scroll as much.

If you could that would be amazing and make playing the game so much better.

Craft Manager does a wonderful job of that. I think you can even set the scale of the thumbnails:

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. Maybe add a 'cancel' or 'X' button or make 'esc' key to close the window? It took me long time to discover that I can press F7 again to close it.

Also, does it give us a new save window? Or we save the game the old way?

Edited by unlikethem

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/5/2019 at 6:50 PM, unlikethem said:

Hello. Maybe add a 'cancel' or 'X' button or make 'esc' key to close the window? It took me long time to discover that I can press F7 again to close it.

Hey, good idea about the close button, I might add that. Not sure I can do the "esc" key though as I think that's handled by the game for the main menu.

For saving, yes just use the old way. You can also use one of the other save mods like Dated Quick Saves, which does a good job of keeping regular saves, and they'll be picked up by my mod.

On 8/5/2019 at 11:50 AM, unlikethem said:

12 hours ago, jefftimlin said:

Hey, good idea about the close button, I might add that. Not sure I can do the "esc" key though as I think that's handled by the game for the main menu.

For saving, yes just use the old way. You can also use one of the other save mods like Dated Quick Saves, which does a good job of keeping regular saves, and they'll be picked up by my mod.

Use KISS. It's way better than using Dated Quick Saves. 

6 hours ago, madindehead said:

They do. But I didn't really see the need to use my quick saves when using KISS. Maybe there is a benefit?

Certainly there is.  I make lots of quicksaves, especially when doing challenges while on stream.  The dated quick saves makes it easy to figure out which one I would want to restore

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Certainly there is.  I make lots of quicksaves, especially when doing challenges while on stream.  The dated quick saves makes it easy to figure out which one I would want to restore

But what's the real difference between a quick save and a save made via KISS? Ok, the quick save is dated - so to me that's almost as good as using KISS. I don't think the quick save is much faster is it? :/ Especially if you're using the dates to decide on the one to load, you're not using the quick load anymore :D 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.