Cheat/recover vessel? [SOLVED]

Basically I went up to rescue the guy and he can't exit the vessel because it has no hatch. I'm a -long- way from unlocking the claw (and even if I could I would still cheat, or tell the guy giving me the contract to **** off for not giving me all information), and his life support is running out.

I already queued up a mod to stop this from happening in the future.

How cheat fix?

Edited by crekit
solved

Just now, invision said:

if you have parachute you can send it back to kerblin orbit and then land.

It's a completely dead vessel it has no controls of any kind, I can not interact with it at all.

Push it into re-entry trajectory and turn off [impact damage]?  You may also use [set orbit] to put the pusher and the rescue closer to atmosphere if they are far away.

Another possibility its to edit the savefile to change where the kerbal is asigned.

sorry about the vagueness , I'm unable to check the game at the moment

21 minutes ago, bewing said:

It has to be mod related. All stock pods have hatches.

And that's why stock game don't check if crew part have a hatch.  And modmakers that create crew parts without hatch (because reasons) often don't consider it a problem. 

Least cheaty method - edit save file: find offending vessel using crew member's name, replace part name with something like mk1pod, (and  do the rTrf entry as well, just to be safe), load edited save. Your kerbal is now sitting pretty in a mk1pod, ready to EVA outta there. 

Do this while the game is still open in the affected career  - or you'll have to fiddle around with MD5 hashes on the LOADME files.

On 29.6.2017 at 0:53 AM, bewing said:

It has to be mod related. All stock pods have hatches.

Yes some mod pods does not have hatches. 

Note that if you have KAS or KIS you can probably save him simply by atatching an cable to the pod, this like the claw let you move kerbal to rescue ship. 
Two ways to do this, you can launch an manned mission with an engineer with an tool or you can use the grappling hook. 

I ended up using the debug settings to temporarily change gravity so his orbit took him within the atmosphere, with [no crash damage] and [no heat] but it turns out landing in the ocean at 80+m/s still killed him. w/e I cheated to get the money for the contract so it's fine. This is fine.

Thanks for all the answers! I should have checked out hyperedit.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.