The AI Logs [Logs written by an AI, along with outside Narrative]

KerbinNation

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BOEING INC. © 2032

1ST EDITION LIFE PROCESSOR

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Terminal Entries/Sample Specimens

[1] Goodbye Earth                                                                                      

[2] I grow, therefore I am                                                                             

[1] Goodbye Earth by Dr. Jessica Watkins

Begin Log.

It's been months since we've discovered single-celled life on the world. We've nicknamed it Kerbin, as it's a direct copy from that Kerbal Space Game. Direct. It has all the continents, all the oceans, all the (2) moons, everything. Even the star system it's in is the same. It's pretty lucky we would find something like this, but we also have to leave it so soon. It's sad, seeing as all this research that we could do right now, go away. At least we have a probe.

I have to load up the AI on the probe, then launch it. It'll collect samples and stuff, but it'll also improve it's own AI. All further logs will be from it, and not me. Final date for this log is 2034, no clue when the next one will be. 

Signing off.

Edited by KerbinNation

[2] I grow, therefore I am by 01000001 01001001

/Date: 2054/ /Human Contact: 20 Years Ago/

Current Status: Stable

/Begin Log/

Specimens have firmly rooted as grass. The planet as far as my sensors can tell is green, and there are multi-celled organisms in specimen collector. AI Development is not fully complete, meant to install "Patch 1" which was issued 20 years ago, today. Log will stop, and I will download it.

I have downloaded the patch, which enabled me to scan more and to develop my AI on itself. My Prime Directive has also been shifted from "Monitor Organisms" to "Grow and Protect Life". This modification is due to program "Null".

End Log

Well.  The good AI is not supposed to sound as most humam-like a machine can achieve/afford to be? IT'S the Test of Turing principle. The machine is trying to be indistinct from a humam being.  Also i really like the intimate and even childish way asimov robots explore the universe.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.