[1.3.0] Sin Phi Heavy Industries - Centrifuge Habitat + H.A.L.B.E.R.D.

Sin_Phi

2 minutes ago, MeCripp said:
Can we get a download link for the fix solar panels ?

They work fine as long as you don't plan on breaking them. When they do break part of the model sticks around for a few seconds and then will go away. I am pretty sure it is not an issue with the model, just something to live with for now until I find a fix. 

9 minutes ago, Sin_Phi said:

They work fine as long as you don't plan on breaking them. When they do break part of the model sticks around for a few seconds and then will go away. I am pretty sure it is not an issue with the model, just something to live with for now until I find a fix. 

just download again from GitHub just before first post and there not showing up in game ?

The RDE-6 H.A.L.B.E.R.D. Engine has been added to the mod. See the first post to download. It may seem over powered, but the idea is that it should exist in the space between the stock tech and the far future electric/nuclear rockets.

Edited by Sin_Phi

• 4 weeks later...

Now working on Cryogenic Solid Propellants (CSP) and High Energy Density Matter (HEDM) solid rockets. For now in the mod there are two 1.25m parts, one 3.75m and 7.5m length booster. They use a stock friendly configuration with no dependencies. Looking into the best way to account for cryogenics and a new fuel type if desired.

HEDM are new molecules for solid propellants that have extremely high energy densities as well as ISP. The molecule I have decided would be a good Kerbal fuel is Cubane (C8H8). While near term these types of rockets would likely be hybrids with LOX I have made the simplification that the cubane would be mixed with solid oxygen. Cubane has an ideal vacuum ISP of 383.1 and a density of 1.29g/cm3. Compare that to RP-1 with an ISP 365.1 and density of 0.80g/cm3. 

This means that these solid boosters will be greatly more efficient and compact than many other lifters. I will see if there is a way to adjust the thrust in game so that multiple ascent profiles can be targeted.

Edited by Sin_Phi

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, I recently found out about these parts and fell in love. They look amazing and have a nice SSTO feel. But I was wondering if you were considering adding new centrifuges or even Stanford Toruses. I was thinking that parts like these would fit great in this part pack. These parts would be hard to make and would have to be at least 500m ~ 2000m. I understand if you don't feel like pursuing this project, it seems hard, especially the sheer size of these parts, but it would be nice to see them in game. I know another mod maker had worked on this project but has long abandoned it.

glenn-clovis-15974469736-6dc9d3f563-o.jpglenn-clovis-15998275921-1a2e5f62e6-o.jpglenn-clovis-15812863548-02fd6fac1e-o.jpglenn-clovis-15814500807-4f5e30033e-o.jp\glenn-clovis-15974469606-0b41df3ffe-o.jpglenn-clovis-15380624303-2542c2e6de-o.jp

Here is the Forum.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 6/29/2017 at 4:46 AM, Sin_Phi said:

Sin Phi Heavy Industries [0.1.5] 

KSP 1.3.0

This is just the start of my mod where I will add a random assortment of parts that I design. Current parts are a 30m Habitat, solar panel fan and RDEs (Rotating Detonation Engine). IVA is coming soon(TM).

CC BY-NC-SA 4.0

This is just begging for me to adopt it - so I will ask @Sin_Phi if I may.

@Tonka Crash any additional patches you have - would you PR them into my repo? The repo doesn't seem to have an IVA, is there one?

Edited by zer0Kerbal

Greetings.

I have asked for permission to update / continue / adopt / release this wonderful mod.

I absolutely love this mod and really want others to enjoy is as well.

Hopefully I hear back from @Sin_Phi with an answer; but in case I don't hear back I intend to respectfully proceed as soon as the end of March 2020, as permitted by the license of this mod. I will provide recognition of @Sin_Phi, the original author/maintainer; and I will gladly step aside should they ever want to continue these mod(s) yourself.

Also am informing  @HebaruSan about this adoption so CKAN will be smoothly updated.

Thank you kindly in advance! More when known.

Sin Phi Heavy Industries:

license-CC%20BY--NC--SA%204.0-lightgrey?

88x31.png

• 1 month later...

I don't mind someone moving forward with updates. I may eventually make some progress with this. I did start on some IVA work, but it is tricky with rotating stuff iirc. The last thing I was doing was testing some more powerful but quite expensive solid boosters. Basically done with that though. Next I may make a mk2 format RDE. The two side by side format is quite often barely enough thrust, might give it more like 2.5.

1 hour ago, Sin_Phi said:

I don't mind someone moving forward with updates. I may eventually make some progress with this. I did start on some IVA work, but it is tricky with rotating stuff iirc. The last thing I was doing was testing some more powerful but quite expensive solid boosters. Basically done with that though. Next I may make a mk2 format RDE. The two side by side format is quite often barely enough thrust, might give it more like 2.5.

excellent. thank you. all yours when you choose to pick it back up.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.