Family/Project/Customisable Sub-folders

I like my ships to be organised.

Currently, I have family names for craft in alphabetical order. "Balthasar - LS1" to "Balthasar - LS3", being the smallest family with size increasing with the Launch System number i.e. LS1 is the smallest, LS3 is the biggest.

This family is followed by "Centurion" LS1:LS3, then the Delta family which is a series of shuttles.

I then have "Module" for miscellaneous pre-assembled builds such as "Module - CM Daytona", a fleshed out 3 man Command Pod ready to be attached to a rocket and launched.

Occasionally I have a series of missions specific pre-builds, for example, a series of rockets that are to be launched in sequence for orbital construction. These rockets, however, will belong to the Centurion or Balthasar families etc, and not a unique family of their own.

What I would like to see in the game, when opening craft files in the VAB, is instead of a long list craft files grouped only by their name, is the ability to create sub-folders for specific families or project. I imagine the pathway looking something like "...ships/vab/Centurion Family" or "...vab/Project Dres".

It would just be really nice to have my 3 Balthasar/Centurion/Delta craft in a single, expandable/dropdown family folder instead of a single, long and messy list :) 

Edited by MR L A

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.