[WIP] Kerbal Science Innovation [1.3.1]

Ourshinigami

It looks like there may be a conflict between Kerbal Science Innovation version 1.6 and the KrakenScience mod (version 0.6).

when both are installed together the experiments added by KrakenScience are not working correctly. not unable by right clicking and the x_Science mod won't show the experiment as unable for any biome.

downgrading Kerbal Science Innovation back to version 1.5 cleared up this bug.

KSP version 1.3.0 on OSX.

Just had a look at the Experiments.cfg for the new part (KSIpolarisRayX) and it has :

situationMask = situationMask = 48

the other experiment types have 

situationMask = 48

this probably mixed up the krakenScience part as it would be processed after KSI (assuming that the processing is in alphabetical order)

42 minutes ago, SnowCatPV said:

Just had a look at the Experiments.cfg for the new part (KSIpolarisRayX) and it has :

the other experiment types have 

this probably mixed up the krakenScience part as it would be processed after KSI (assuming that the processing is in alphabetical order)

exatly, I don't see that.

Edited by Ourshinigami

I have my KSP install pretty heavily modded with 98 individual mods.

But I did a test with only the stock KSP install and KSI and saw the same behaviour, with the stock science parts no longer working. removing the double situationMask entry I described above restored the Stock parts to working condition.

• 3 weeks later...

STOP of the mod.

If I don't find anyone so as to help me for the plugin and pass the version at 1.3.1(KSP), then the mod will be stop because I don't have the time so as to learn the C# code.

Edited by Ourshinigami

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

@Ourshinigami Could you please explain the GRB intention?  It's giving me 3000 science every time it pops up, but the message says 100 science.

Is there anywhere I can edit the value to have it give a customizable amount of science?  I see the option to make it happen far less frequently, but I'd rather keep the frequency and just have it give a smaller amount of science.

I'll get a screenshot for you.

The thing is, gami, that it wasn't an experiment.

It's a random event that happens with a frequency you can change in the difficulty options.  "Gamma Ray Burst'

When it occurs it says "Your scientists have observed a gamma ray burst and you have earned 100 science"  And it pops open a window showing a graph with like "____/\__"

At that point I get 3000 science awarded to me.  Someone else has also posted about this, they were getting the exact same number, 3000.

This guy posts about the same problem and the same exact number, 3000.  Not due to an experiment.  The only reason I know it's your mod is in difficulty settings under Science Innovations, the only option is to set the frequency of the Gamma Ray Burst

Edited by Fergrim

Ahhhhhhhhhh I know why @Fergrim, mm how explain this ... It was a project at the begenin and know, it is in stop because I m not good in C# and I have lot of test in the university and I try to delet this actually, so ... It isn't a random event.

If someone want help me to finish this, I ok with that.

Edited by Ourshinigami

Ohhhh it's supposed to be an experiment result?  I see.  Well I really like your mod otherwise, and the other equipment works great!  Maybe I'll see about making it as infrequent as possible.  Or I'll look to the config you mentioned above, and simply delete that one from the game.  It gives the 3000 every time too, it doesn't even decrease each time haha So by the end of year one, using hyper time accel, I had like 30,000 science :D

Edited by Fergrim

I'am so sorry @Fergrim, but you can't (normaly) delet this because, all is in the plugin and not what I mentioned. mm I will post a help in the add on so as to delet this ( in order to make it forgive, I'll spoiler the future of the mod, currently, I finish a complete rocket for Fenrir, and I have two idea for KSI, I will not say more, hoping that you forgive me for this mistake of my part.).

Someone else has also posted about this, they were getting the exact same number, 3000.

Can you send me the link, like that, I will explain this

Edited by Ourshinigami

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.