My station turns into spaghetti?

First, I have KER and KAC installed. Those are the only mods. I am running 1.3.0, but the station was made in 1.2. The issue I describe below began happening in the KSP version in which the station was started, so I know that's not an issue.

Now, let me explain my issue and what I have done to try and fix it. 

In my career mode game I have put up an orbital station around Kerbin. I attached the first few modules, and everything was ok. However, once it got large enough, it would begin to wobble uncontrollable, and within 30 seconds it had torn itself apart (don't worry, I quicksaved as soon as I saw it vibrating).

Here are the solutions I have tried:

1. I exited KSP and got back in.

2. I perused the forums and reddit to try and find a solution, but the only solution I found was to go into the save file and make every part have auto strut. I did this, and when I went back into the game, my framerate had slowed to a crawl.

So far nothing has worked, and for now, every time I dock another ship, I keep manually autostrutting until the wiggling stops. That is my current method for stopping the wiggles, but it is very annoying to do, and my framerate is a little laggy.

Here's a picture of the space station:

I can share a save file, if that's necessary. I just need to know how.

So if anyone has any solutions, that'd be great!

The problem is reaction wheels. Turn them off. ALL of them, except maybe one or two nearest whatever the control part is. Or, leave SAS off.

This happens because reaction wheels (and RCS jets) don't know where they are in relation to the control part, or how they're aimed. They assume they are perfectly in line. Also, while in a perfectly rigid system it doesn't matter where reaction wheels are, in a bendy one like your station they can introduce local torque that turns the area of the station they are on more than the entire station.

So, if you get a bit of a bend in your station (which happens as it's turning to align with whatever SAS tells it to align with. It can happen also while just holding a line) then the wheels will turn slightly incorrectly. And in disparate parts of the station other wheels will be turning as well, slightly incorrectly. This causes the control point to swing in an odd way, which causes the wheels to turn in a different - also incorrect and usually slightly larger - way. This can easily become a feedback loop that destroys your station, as you've seen.

Edited by 5thHorseman

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.