[1.9–⁠1.12] SmartTank v0.5.0

HebaruSan

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/13/2019 at 9:01 PM, Fraston said:

And now people are going to request 1.7. awesome mod too!

On 6/2/2019 at 8:00 AM, CrashTestDanny said:

Brilliant!  Can't wait to be able to use it!  (I'm on 1.7)

The current release seems to work fine on 1.7. Updated the version file to have a max version of 1.7, which should shut KSP-AVC up and propagate through to CKAN within a few hours.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Just want to say thank you for this mod. Thanks to you, I literally use janitors closet to remove all of the dozens of other fuel tanks from the game and can easily use procedural fuel tanks and they look beautiful by default! Heck, even for the ability to automatically choose the texture alone I would be singing your praises, that saves me a ton of time right there! But the auto-fit is mostly what I use. The TWR I leave off but for a lifting stage I'll utilize it. So helpful!

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

Currently it wouldn't work at all, it needs a rewrite to account for recent changes to ProceduralParts.

https://github.com/HebaruSan/SmartTank/issues/3

Looking at it from the outside, it appears like procedural parts are recomputed even during flight to a large degree.  I wonder if there is a way to make tmp cfg files for installed parts so once installed they are no different than a stock part other than dimensions and perhaps lessen cpu load.  The tmp files would be associated with .sfs and .craft files and when no references remained to them they could be deleted.  If I'm way off base about them causing a cpu load more than other parts, well, I'm guessing from some log entries, but forgive me for blackboxing the situation as I see so many log entries related to procedural parts during unpacking of ships and such, but see no such verbosity with regards to normal parts

• 2 months later...
On 8/22/2020 at 1:07 PM, HebaruSan said:

Currently it wouldn't work at all, it needs a rewrite to account for recent changes to ProceduralParts.

SmartTank 0.5.0 is released!

In its v2.x releases, ProceduralParts was rewritten to improve various things (I don't have the details). Unfortunately this broke SmartTank, because the functions we were using to resize PP's tanks were changed or removed. With this release, I finally updated SmartTank to account for this. Along the way I had to make a fix to ProceduralParts, which is contained in the just released ProceduralParts v2.1.2, required for this SmartTank release to work. Shout-out to @DRVeylfor helping with this work!

Other quality of life improvements:

• SmartTank's fields in the part action window are now grouped under a SmartTank heading
  • The part-upgrades-in-sandbox setting is now programmatically forced on at startup, because having it off breaks SmartTank (and arguably ProceduralParts), and it doesn't really make sense for it to be off (or for it to even be a setting, really, but whatever)

https://github.com/HebaruSan/SmartTank/releases/tag/v0.5.0

Edited by HebaruSan

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, Harald Kerbal said:

so i like the smart tank

now… how can u make that the smart tank gives enough fuel to go… you now were… some planet...

The stock delta V gizmo will tell you how much delta V you have. If you need more, add more thrust (either by replacing an engine or adding more engines), and the tanks will resize to fit.

• 5 months later...

@HebaruSan

Came up with a really odd problem with this mod.

Stock 1.12.2 game, only mods installed are  ProceduralParts, SmartTank & ModuleManager

When SmartTank is installed, no stock decouplers are available.

Logs:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/187bx5zutw38yok/SmartTanksLog.zip?dl=0

I submitted this as an issue on Github as well:  https://github.com/HebaruSan/SmartTank/issues/4

Edited by linuxgurugamer

A feature request, or maybe it's already there.  The settings file is only created if anything is changed, and resides in the mod directory.

Could you add the ability to read a cfg from the game database for initial defaults, which would then be overridden by a local settings file?  I have a directory of local changes which has a bunch of small cfg files I use to customize installs as I make them, would be nice to be able to add a file for this

19 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

The settings file is only created if anything is changed, and resides in the mod directory.

Could you add the ability to read a cfg from the game database for initial defaults, which would then be overridden by a local settings file?  I have a directory of local changes which has a bunch of small cfg files I use to customize installs as I make them, would be nice to be able to add a file for this

Looks easy enough to add this on the code side, thanks for the suggestion. I'll plan to make a new release with this after I take a closer look at how it interacts with the existing settings file, maybe that should be changed to a .cfg file, too (and I think I can borrow from some KerbalChangelog code for overwriting existing .cfg files when the user saves settings).

• 9 months later...
59 minutes ago, Forked Camphor said:

Hey @HebaruSan, would it be possible to config the mod so it resizes the tank only if the TWR is below the target TWR but not if it's above it?

No, that's not available; the tanks are resized unconditionally. If you want that stage to have a higher TWR, you can set that via the right click menu.

• 1 year later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.