[1.3.1] [Poll] Sunflares of Maar: GPP Bundle v1.2 [Jan 23, 2018]

JadeOfMaar

Favorite Flare  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Which flare do you prefer? Development will restart soon™ and involve new Scatterer syntax. The winning flare will be trialed first.

• Canaan
    • Phi
    • Primus
    • Ursa Minor

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/08/2021 at 09:00 PM

oaOY4Ka.jpg

echfj8p.jpg

This is not just another sunflare pack with many options and every color freely available for the one star... (the Sun), no. This is a pack tailored towards large star systems such as Kerbol Star System, Galactic Neghborhood and (if anyone dares :wink: ) To Boldly Go, and any smaller eccentric star systems featuring classes other than the typical G and M (yellow and red stars).

This is a theme pack with (currently) two options for every star class, and 5 series (or families) of flares in total. Names: Ursa Minor, Phi, Canaan, Primus, Isk

Usage restrictions: Example: only the G or stock pack sunflares are to be applied to the Sun and other G class Sun-like stars.

Family names:

Ursa Minor, Canaan and Primus were made with realism players in mind. Everyone is welcome to the stock pack but the other colors of sunflares will only be made available to planet makers and their collaborators who ask. For now though, just enjoy the stock pack.

License: CC-BY-NC-ND. (May change but I just don't want recolors happening.)

Install instructions: Unzip entire thing the first time to preserve folder structure. Then delete the sunflares you don't want.

:prograde: Stock Pack :: DOWNLOAD

:prograde: SSRSS Pack ::  DOWNLOAD

:prograde: Galileo Pack :: DOWNLOAD ( SpaceDock :: GitHub )

:normal: Red Packs :: Soon™

:radial: Blue Packs :: Soon™

* May fail to work if added to a CKAN install containing EVE.

Edited by JadeOfMaar
released GPP edition

• 2 weeks later...

Created a style for L and T class stars.

Based on the "artist renditions" on the Stellar Classification wiki page, I interpret what few pink stars I've seen in KSP as T class, though they call themselves L class. Well, I won't stop folks from choosing.

This is just compositing and a "good guess" in Photoshop after creating the style.

17 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

w8k3vdn95u9z.jpg

njS1rZq.jpg

@Notsure_jr I decided to remove my download link since it's still very WIP so support can't really be provided, especially for scatterer for KSP 1.3 (assuming that's what you're using).

In the config, make sure the path for assetPath matches the path to the folder where you extracted my images. If you're using SVE you're out of luck because I didn't prepare yet for SVE. If you have scatterer alone, delete scatterer's own Sun.cfg

The configs currently assume the SunflaresOfMaar folder is at the highest folder level inside GameData\

18 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@Notsure_jr I decided to remove my download link since it's still very WIP so support can't really be provided, especially for scatterer for KSP 1.3 (assuming that's what you're using).

In the config, make sure the path for assetPath matches the path to the folder where you extracted my images. If you're using SVE you're out of luck because I didn't prepare yet for SVE. If you have scatterer alone, delete scatterer's own Sun.cfg

The configs currently assume the SunflaresOfMaar folder is at the highest folder level inside GameData\

I copied scatter's Sun.config asset path into Dwarf  and then deleted Sun.cfg and renamed Dwarf to Sun. then put the flares where scatter keeps its flares. It shows the flare but again it's still the stock sun over it. I'm just trying to make the sun appears smaller in the sky and I like the flares.

@Notsure_jr I'm not sure personally (my sunflares are low on my list of things to tinker with lately) but there may be a new bug in scatterer 1.3 where the stock sunflare is not disabled. You'll have to ask around in the Kopernicus thread for actually resizing the Sun. That's beyond my territory right now.

You can raise the size of my sunflare by decreasing the third number in the arrays for flareSettings and spikesSettings. Treat them as 1/x.

53 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@Notsure_jr I'm not sure personally (my sunflares are low on my list of things to tinker with lately) but there may be a new bug in scatterer 1.3 where the stock sunflare is not disabled. You'll have to ask around in the Kopernicus thread for actually resizing the Sun. That's beyond my territory right now.

You can raise the size of my sunflare by decreasing the third number in the arrays for flareSettings and spikesSettings. Treat them as 1/x.

thank you for helping.

23 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

You should look into incorporating this:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ua5ty5hnbtpidym/SunFlareFix.cfg?dl=0

The new ghost styles are finished. 

Series I
Xf4e4SC.jpg

Series II
1Hx4DXq.jpg

And now, bonus pics! Testing out the other star classes!

Spoiler

K class orange dwarf or subgiant
SY9hvTp.jpg

yfpYspb.jpg

B class giant
Oops. This should be supergiant 
9DRLrYy.jpg

O class hyper-giant
This is as far as Jool..........
pOEI39J.jpg

r0gOXGj.jpg

T class sub-dwarf
The coldest class. That's the O class in the background. Huwahhhhh
Forgive the dimness. It should be configured to be much brighter + smaller as T class stars should be Jool sized.
JVE3xMs.jpg

3DDKePq.jpg

Edited by JadeOfMaar

Progress

• 4 of 5 base sunflares have been designed.
  • 3 are complete and ready for public release as stock packs (only the G class ones).
    • A bonus pack will be released with the corresponding K and M class flares and base configs for most planet makers...because red stars are so popular.
  • 2 mega packs (as shown so far, containing all star classes) will be released on request to makers of star systems with more than just red stars. On further request I will make the mega packs for the other base sunflares.
  • All of them will have interesting names rather than just their series #.
Edited by JadeOfMaar

@cy4n Did you extract my zip exactly as it is laid out inside it? No file overwriting? GameData\SunflaresOfMaar\UrsaMinor?

Did you check wither SVE's Sunflare older exists? And delete it if it's there?

Are you using a visual mod other than SVE?

Edited by JadeOfMaar

Just now, JadeOfMaar said:

@cy4n Did you extract my zip exactly as it is laid out inside it? No file overwriting? GameData\SunflaresOfMaar\UrsaMinor?

Did you check wither SVE's Sunflare older exists? And delete it if it's there?

The exact UrsaMinor files with SVE's sunflare deleted.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.