[1.3.1] [Poll] Sunflares of Maar: GPP Bundle v1.2 [Jan 23, 2018]

JadeOfMaar

Favorite Flare  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Which flare do you prefer? Development will restart soon™ and involve new Scatterer syntax. The winning flare will be trialed first.

• Canaan
    • Phi
    • Primus
    • Ursa Minor

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/08/2021 at 09:00 PM

9 hours ago, Space Marauder said:

Thank you for your answer :)

After doing this, do I install the sunflare files in the GameData root folder or inside another like scatterer ?

GameData root. Once you see a GameData folder in any zip file, there's no question on what goes where. :) 

Release 1.2 for Galileo's Planet Pack

• They now support GPP + GEP + OPM
  • File and folder structure changed. Please delete the entirety of the SunflaresOfMaar folder when you install.

Now available separately on GitHub for smaller individual downloads. See OP for links.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

• 2 months later...
Just now, emirkustirika said:

run with 1.4.1 or not ?

My flares should work just fine in KSP 1.4. The real question is "Will scatterer perform well?" It is known to be very unstable right now, and I have not used it for nearly a month.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 minute ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Sure dude. My sunflares are explicitly for use in packs that add many stars.

Yeah just making sure :D. After reading about the history of the French space program (CNES) I'm starting to get back into KSP.

• 2 months later...

I'm missing something.  I'm playing GPP+GEP and downloaded your GPP sunflares release.  I peeked into the zip file and found the configs for Grannus and Ciro in the Isk_GPP zip.  Do I need to unpack the three other zips to make this all work?  The OP says to remove the ones you don't want but I wasn't sure if this applied to the GPP release you issued in January.

1 hour ago, Brigadier said:

I'm missing something.  I'm playing GPP+GEP and downloaded your GPP sunflares release.  I peeked into the zip file and found the configs for Grannus and Ciro in the Isk_GPP zip.  Do I need to unpack the three other zips to make this all work?  The OP says to remove the ones you don't want but I wasn't sure if this applied to the GPP release you issued in January.

If you dowload the latest release for GPP (from GitHub, not SpaceDock) you don't have to think about zips within a zip. You only need the one inner zip file that's named after the flare you want.

Once you install any, change the "@Ciro" to "@Sun" in the GPP_Ciro config.

• 1 month later...
On 10/13/2018 at 12:25 PM, Eaten by Black Hole said:

Can you seperate it from scatterer? -snip- That would be good for poor people

I am also poor people. :P

I cannot do so. Sorry. The current limitations of Flare Replacer and the already wide catalogue there make it pointless for me to attempt to add to it.

• 2 weeks later...

Any blue Phi?

On 1/12/2018 at 7:02 PM, JadeOfMaar said:

@Kerbin's Bill The blue packs will come if and when any planet modder makes a star system mod that has blue giant stars. Unfortunately blue stars aren't popular, and it may be obvious why not... They're so huge, they have short lifespans, and are known to be unable to host any planets.

I WILL MAKE A GIANT STAR FOR ONLY SEE THE BLUE PACK

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/30/2018 at 2:17 PM, Eaten by Black Hole said:

Is it possible to decrease sun flare size?

Soon™

On 10/31/2018 at 11:48 AM, Eaten by Black Hole said:

im using Grannus Expansion with stock.If i have a look at kerbol from Grannus,sun flare disappears.Anyway to increase its visible range?

I can't help you there. I've been avoiding scatterer entirely for the last few months.

On 10/30/2018 at 10:14 AM, Eaten by Black Hole said:

There is blue a type Kerolon (and many other blue stars) included in Kerbal Star Systems.This is a reason to release blue pack.

Not really. Except for the Karkua flare, the sunflares in KSS are all made by the owner of KSS. If he wants a blue flare, he'll make his own. :P

However, for TWB, I may release blue flares.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

7 hours ago, Eaten by Black Hole said:

Karkua Flare!? I thought black holes are Black

Around the event horizon is the accretion disk for certain size black holes with enough matter around them, where atoms are ripped apart and energy levels are massive. It glows like a star.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.