[1.9.x] Hangar Extender Extended

38 minutes ago, Skalou said:

hi @linuxgurugamer,
i report that the name of your mod is "hangEr extender" with a "e" instead of "a" on CKAN, so i didn't found it when searching hangar at 1st :wink:

thank's for your mods

Thank you, but I'm not so what I can do about it now. I'll ask couple of questions.

@HebaruSan any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/25/2019 at 8:51 PM, Skalou said:

i report that the name of your mod is "hangEr extender" with a "e" instead of "a" on CKAN, so i didn't found it when searching hangar at 1st :wink:

On 3/25/2019 at 9:30 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Thank you, but I'm not so what I can do about it now. I'll ask couple of questions.

@HebaruSan any ideas?

The name field in CKAN is pulled from the name on SpaceDock, so you could update that:

LgmItWg.png

1 minute ago, HebaruSan said:

The name field in CKAN is pulled from the name on SpaceDock, so you could update that:

LgmItWg.png

The problem is that the names on Spacedock can't be changed.  If I make a new entry, I'll lose the history. I can try to do that, and then update the netkan file

• 3 weeks later...

ok ok i got it working,,, what i did was use ckan and installed hanger, then installed toolbar and toolbar controler,,,,, i dont know what one worked but i got it working,, maybe havin it in one file would stop the cunfusin,,, sorry for bein a pain in the but

1 hour ago, mrgreco said:

ok ok i got it working,,, what i did was use ckan and installed hanger, then installed toolbar and toolbar controler,,,,, i dont know what one worked but i got it working,, maybe havin it in one file would stop the cunfusin,,, sorry for bein a pain in the but

Hmmm. CKAN didn't install the toolbar controller automatically?  That's more than strange, it should have been installed since it's listed as a dependency.

Regarding the Toolbar, that's optional.  the Toolbar Controller (yellow wrench) controls the actual buttons.  If the toolbar isn't installed, then the button will appear on the stock toolbar (if enabled)

And putting them in the same file would cause other problems.

17 hours ago, spacefreak said:

Any way to use this mod without blizzy toolbar. Without the tool bar, the arrow icons don't show up. The toolbar adds an extra item to my stock toolbar that I do not like.

You will need to configure it to display using the ToolbarController (yellow wrench).  In there you can specify where you want the icon to display

• 1 month later...
On 6/16/2019 at 6:37 AM, Kerenatus said:

ToolbarControl updated and hangar extender doesn't show in the game by any means.

Guess i'll reinstall the older version.

BTW thx for maintaining this useful mod!

Install ALL the dependencies.  Read the OP, the toolbarController needs the UnBlur mod

Works perfectly with 1.7.1, except for this little detail.

Hangar Extender doesn't show up in the Toolbar Controller menu.

KSP 1.7.1

ToolbarControl-1.7.1-0.1.7

unBlur.0.5.0

HangerExtender-3.5.3.5

ClickThroughBlocker-1.7.0-0.1.7.2

Spoiler

D7r14KC.jpg

Edited by Buflak

16 hours ago, Buflak said:

Works perfectly with 1.7.1, except for this little detail.

Hangar Extender doesn't show up in the Toolbar Controller menu.

KSP 1.7.1

ToolbarControl-1.7.1-0.1.7

unBlur.0.5.0

HangerExtender-3.5.3.5

ClickThroughBlocker-1.7.0-0.1.7.2

Reveal hidden contents

D7r14KC.jpg

I need a log file, please

I didn't have it before, just got it two days ago. So for me it never showed up in the TC menu.

just tried an install with only those 4 mods, same thing. So i guess it's not a mod conflict issue.

eta2: installed Blitzy's toolbar, Toolbar-1.7.1-1.7.19, when i go to set toolbar button visibility, Hangar Extender doesn't show up there either.

Log

Edited by Buflak

On 6/20/2019 at 8:29 PM, Buflak said:

I didn't have it before, just got it two days ago. So for me it never showed up in the TC menu.

just tried an install with only those 4 mods, same thing. So i guess it's not a mod conflict issue.

eta2: installed Blitzy's toolbar, Toolbar-1.7.1-1.7.19, when i go to set toolbar button visibility, Hangar Extender doesn't show up there either.

Log

Well, you are not the only one. It seems like since update 1.7.0 and above has broke some of the toolbar-dependent mods.

On 6/20/2019 at 2:29 PM, Buflak said:

Log

HangerExtender is using an old API for the ToolbarController, it does not yet use the ToolbarController settings window.

I just created a 1.7.2 install, used CKAN to install just the HangerExtender (I had to tell CKAN to allow 1.6 & 1.5 compatible mods), let it install all dependencies and then started it up.

I got the HangerExtender icon in the VAB and SPH, and it is working fine.

The icon will ONLY show up in the editor, it doesn't appear anywhere else.  I'll see if I can get it updated with the newer API, but from what I see in your log, it's working.  What happens when you hit the * key on the keypad while you are in the editor?

5 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I got the HangerExtender icon in the VAB and SPH, and it is working fine.

What happens when you hit the * key on the keypad while you are in the editor?

The * key switches between the stock hangar and the extended one.

Like i said, it's working perfectly otherwise, as you can see on the screenshot in my original post. The hangar extender icon shows up on the stock toolbar.

It just doesn't show up on Blitzy's toolbar or in the Toolbar Controller settings menu.