[1.9.x] Hangar Extender Extended

• 4 weeks later...

so theres some serious conflicts with this and the new rebotic parts. i was making simple crafts and on launching it was kicking me back to ksc, and sometime on load the load box wouldent go away after the craft loaded. id gone through all my mods systematically, and this is the one causing it. im sorry i dont have logs but heres the stock plus dlc craft that caused the issue

https://kerbalx.com/SpaceKadet/Mars-Fuel-Drone

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, eeeeeeee said:

how do you use this mod because it did not work for me and i downloaded it correctly

Do you have the dependencies? And if you do have them did you test it on a clean version of the game? It's a good idea to keep a clean version of whatever version you're running on to test mods. 

The mod adds a little button to the toolbar. I think it only shows up when you're in the hanger. 

Edited by madindehead

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
2 hours ago, StinkyAce said:

What does one do if the little "Button" dont show up?

Double check that you have the latest version installed that matches your version of KSP, as well as making sure you have proper versions of *both* Toolbar Controller and Click through Blocker mods properly installed :P Links for them are in the OP, under "Dependencies".

If it *still* doesnt show up, then upload copies of both your Player.log and KSP.log files to a file hosting site, then come back here and post links, as well as stating what version of KSP you are running. Then people can start helping,, and bring up any other details/info that may be needed from you. ;)

Edited by Stone Blue

• 5 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

Bigger???... The Hangar currently doesnt even work for *me*... Currently, it seems you either have normal hangar, or no hangar, at all ... vOv

what? i have the extended hangar but i have a ship that 1.1 km wide! so i cant reach it 

Edited by Mr.jeff

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

@linuxgurugamer

Hi

Knowing that scaling of the hangar is impossible these days, I encountered an issue today with a huge rocket, loosing the center of the launch site ! I was moving the rocket around to better access stuff on it, and finally ended with one of the boosters sitting on the right hand side ramp of the launch site !

At that time I was thinking, it should be possible to add a projection light to the VAB and SPH in such a way that when we click the extend button the projection turns on and when we hit the retract button the projection gets off, also, would be nice if we can have a button to re-centralize the root part to the center of VAB and SPH on horizontal plan and keeping the vertical plan as it is?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Works for me, in 1.9.1.

In the VAB or Hanger, there is a block at the bottom with 2 arrow pointing outwards.  Click it to turn the Extender on/off.

Edited by azander

15 hours ago, DelfininsJezus said:

I tried this mod with ksp 1.9 and it didin't work. Is there a setting or some switch to turn it on???

Check the topic header to see if you have any dependencies installed. This mod works great in 1.9.1

• 2 weeks later...

It's probably pedantic of me to say it, but CKAN is quite confused by this.  If you download this version from https://spacedock.info/mod/1428/HangerExtender   and drop it in manually, CKAN will go on to detect it as snjo original version - even to the point of giving you the message that "this is the wrong version, use the other one".  It seems wrong to me that CKAN would even have metadata about mods more than they themselves said. 

Anyway, linuxgurugamer is obviously doing what he can (maintaining dozens of mods) and you can see how a hanger mod probably goes lower on the list.  I've heard that 1.10.0 is coming soon.  How tiring it must be to try to keep up!

On 6/11/2020 at 11:19 PM, T.Lago said:

It's probably pedantic of me to say it, but CKAN is quite confused by this.  If you download this version from https://spacedock.info/mod/1428/HangerExtender   and drop it in manually, CKAN will go on to detect it as snjo original version - even to the point of giving you the message that "this is the wrong version, use the other one".  It seems wrong to me that CKAN would even have metadata about mods more than they themselves said. 

When you install a mod outside of CKAN, there is no way to tell how it's going to react. 

The best thing to do would be to manually remove the mod, refresh CKAN and then install it via CKAN

On 6/10/2020 at 11:39 AM, ZION said:

u cant download it from ckan anymore and manual instal doesnt work either

We need more info.  Off hand, I say that you are running 1.9.1, and haven't told CKAN that 1.8 mods are compatible.

Re. the manual install, no idea. Provide a log file, please

• 3 weeks later...

Hello @linuxgurugamer

The metadata in CKAN seams to be aiming 1.8.1, i think that this the problem right?

yuZQv1T.png

I realized this because there are some persons trying to edit my Apollo Rockets and actually, I found from them, that they could not install in 1.9.1 (using CKAN), but works very nice like before :)