[1.9.x] Hangar Extender Extended

Can the extended area be increased any further? I am building the I.S.V. Venture Star from Avatar, and I need room for a 1.6km ship. Is there any way to do this??

On 9/7/2020 at 3:39 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Did you try it?

Is there a way to edit the config file to change the max area limit? It seems misguided to have hidden this...

12 hours ago, InfoTheGamer said:

Can the extended area be increased any further? I am building the I.S.V. Venture Star from Avatar, and I need room for a 1.6km ship. Is there any way to do this??

Is there a way to edit the config file to change the max area limit? It seems misguided to have hidden this...

Are you referring to the enlarged building, or to the grassy plains/vanished building?

The resize value of the build ing can be changed in the stock settings.

If you want To make the grassy plains bigger, there is some work involved since the values are hard-coded.

12 hours ago, InfoTheGamer said:

Why?  Since you seem to be the first person in my recollection asking for something larger than whats already provided; also, whatever and however the value is specified would require there to be an upper limit...

It seems to be hardcoded to a factor of 10.  Not positive, and not going to spend any time on something like this; it has the potential to suck up time.

4 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Are you referring to the enlarged building, or to the grassy plains/vanished building?

I am referring to the grassy plains. Once you get out of the SPH / VAB, there is a very large area to work with. However, it is not big enough for the ships I want to build.

4 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Why?  Since you seem to be the first person in my recollection asking for something larger than whats already provided; also, whatever and however the value is specified would require there to be an upper limit...

It seems to be hardcoded to a factor of 10.  Not positive, and not going to spend any time on something like this; it has the potential to suck up time.

I'm not trying to come off as annoying; from the forum post about the older Hangar Extender it appeared that you could change the outside area. In the settings file in the current mod, there is a depreciated "NOT IN USE" for max areas for the camera. Is there any way to change this value of 10? 

I respect your work on this mod, and thank you for bearing with me. Is there any workaround for this because I have seen ships over 1 km in the KSP subreddit, and they would be impossible to build if this value stays at 10. If you are not able to do this, how can it be done? 

2 hours ago, InfoTheGamer said:

I am referring to the grassy plains. Once you get out of the SPH / VAB, there is a very large area to work with. However, it is not big enough for the ships I want to build.

I'm not trying to come off as annoying; from the forum post about the older Hangar Extender it appeared that you could change the outside area. In the settings file in the current mod, there is a depreciated "NOT IN USE" for max areas for the camera. Is there any way to change this value of 10? 

I respect your work on this mod, and thank you for bearing with me. Is there any workaround for this because I have seen ships over 1 km in the KSP subreddit, and they would be impossible to build if this value stays at 10. If you are not able to do this, how can it be done? 

Try this:

1. At the space center, hit Escape to pause
  2. Click Settings
  3. Click Difficulty Options (at the top of the Settings window)
  4. In the left, click the Hanger Extender tab
  5. Move the Rescaling Factor slider all the way to the right (will be 15 when all the way over)
  6. Click Accept
  7. Click Accept
  8. Click Resume

Then try it out again

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Krakenbanana said:

its not compactible with 1.10.1, can you please update it?;.;

I'm currently using it in 1.10.1 and it's working fine for me. Did you install it correctly with all its dependencies? Did you try it on a clean install?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
18 hours ago, GTGodslayer said:

so the 1.10 release works for 1.11?

Yes it works fine as LGG said, as well as the post above yours and the other 7 or 8 on this page that say it works in 1.11 :P

On 5/9/2021 at 8:58 PM, damonvv said:

Beta's are there to be tested. Not to use in your save. Things can and will break on github from time to time. So be aware of what you are doing and don't forget to make back-ups.

Okay, I'll try again and let you know!

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, Anonymous_user038 said:

Hi! I love this mod but can you please update it to 1.12?  I really don't want to have to play on older versions, just please update if possible.

Most mods which are compatible with 1.8 and newer will work.

I am slowly working my way through my mods, but even if I do 10 a day, it's still going to be a month before I finish.  and I Don't do 10 a day