[1.9.x] Hangar Extender Extended

6 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Most mods which are compatible with 1.8 and newer will work.

I am slowly working my way through my mods, but even if I do 10 a day, it's still going to be a month before I finish.  and I Don't do 10 a day

So do I,  But when I installed this mod,  It shows the DLL file is not compatible with 1.12 (And the game stuck at 99% loading screen and cannot launch)

Edited by Violet_Wyvern

40 minutes ago, Violet_Wyvern said:

So do I,  But when I installed this mod,  It shows the DLL file is not compatible with 1.12 (And the game stuck at 99% loading screen and cannot launch)

Nevermind.... I just found my Firespitter plugin was outdated.... Fixed by myself...

Hello @linuxgurugamer, I really love all the work you put into maintaining all these mods.

I seem to have developed an issue with this one.

I'm playing RSS/RO/rp1, so I'm quite dependand on this mod, but since yesterday I cannot movebeyond the VAB, even in the extended (grassy) scene. I can neather scroll up or use the movement keys from WASD-editor, I'm just stuck  inside the building without it showing.

By now I've tried:

- removing and re-installing hangar-E trough CKAN

- set the slider on the settings page to max (15)

- removed editor extensions, WASD-editor, tried again, no change, reinstalled them trough CKAN , no change.

Is there anything obvious I'm missing here? I've gone trough my logfile and it isn't sowing anything regarding hangar-E except it being loaded, no errors regarding it I can find.

If you need logs etc let me know and I'll post them.

A gratefull KSP gamer.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/30/2021 at 7:46 AM, Rob K said:

Hello @linuxgurugamer, I really love all the work you put into maintaining all these mods.

I seem to have developed an issue with this one.

I'm playing RSS/RO/rp1, so I'm quite dependand on this mod, but since yesterday I cannot movebeyond the VAB, even in the extended (grassy) scene. I can neather scroll up or use the movement keys from WASD-editor, I'm just stuck  inside the building without it showing.

Same here. Problem first manifested for me in 1.11 I believe. I distinctly recall reverting to an older version of the mod, and the problem went away. I kept putting off updating to 1.12.
Today, I updated to 1.12.2, updating Hangar Extender, and the problem returns.

Thing is: while futzing about with some settings the other day, I know I've seen an option, something like "enforce building boundaries".
OBVIOUSLY, now I cannot find where that was, and hence cannot try out whether it'd fix the problem.
Anyone know what I am talking about and where to find it?

FOUND IT! FIXED IT! For me, anyways.
@Rob K if you have WASD Editor Camera Thingy installed, click that button and check the top right hand side of the settings.
There is one option "Enforce Bounds (ignore if Hangar Extender installed):"
Uncheck that fella and save. Instantly fixed it for me and I'm back to building rockets that make the VAB look tiny and meek. :D

Edited by DerGolgo

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I don't know if anyone else is having an issue like this or if this is intended because I can't find anything pointing it out anywhere, but there are no grass textures when I go into expanded mode, and this issue only appeared for me after installing this mod...  It's just black void and floating buildings in the distance.  Granted, I'm playing on 1.12.3, and this mod isn't considered compatible with that version yet.  Functionality-wise it's still working great, but the only way I'm able to tell where the heck the ground is is by putting a ground support down and visually inspecting where it ends.  If another texture mod fixes that issue itself without anything needed on this mod's end, that would be fine by me.  Or if anyone knows what else might be causing it (conflict somewhere; otherwise) let me know!

Here: Grass looks completely normal.  Even in EVA, everything looks fine.

DvkJAst.jpg

However, entering the VAB, you can see immediately no grass.

dNdhT4A.jpg

That was before the hangar was extended.  It's even worse when the hanger gets extended:n8kw55g.jpg

I don't think my settings are far from default, and I am not using any texture replacer mods or scatterer or anything.  All I have is the rescaling factor set to 8 and the "disable hangers in scene" option is enabled (I tried disabling it; didn't help any; just cluttered up the visuals in the void).  The only other external thing that could be causing this to my knowledge might be some worldspace edit done by something else I'm running, but I'm doubtful.

Edited by GlobalEnterprise
punctuation :(

22 minutes ago, GlobalEnterprise said:

I don't know if anyone else is having an issue like this or if this is intended because I can't find anything pointing it out anywhere, but there are no grass textures when I go into expanded mode, and this issue only appeared for me after installing this mod...  It's just black void and floating buildings in the distance.  Granted, I'm playing on 1.12.3, and this mod isn't considered compatible with that version yet.  Functionality-wise it's still working great, but the only way I'm able to tell where the heck the ground is is by putting a ground support down and visually inspecting where it ends.  If another texture mod fixes that issue itself without anything needed on this mod's end, that would be fine by me.  Or if anyone knows what else might be causing it (conflict somewhere; otherwise) let me know!

Here: Grass looks completely normal.  Even in EVA, everything looks fine.

DvkJAst.jpg

However, entering the VAB, you can see immediately no grass.

dNdhT4A.jpg

That was before the hangar was extended.  It's even worse when the hanger gets extended:n8kw55g.jpg

I don't think my settings are far from default, and I am not using any texture replacer mods or scatterer or anything.  All I have is the rescaling factor set to 8 and the "disable hangers in scene" option is enabled (I tried disabling it; didn't help any; just cluttered up the visuals in the void).  The only other external thing that could be causing this to my knowledge might be some worldspace edit done by something else I'm running, but I'm doubtful.

The mod is fully compatible with 1.12.3

You are probably seeing something to do with your graphics drivers.  I use this all the time without any issue.

Please provide a log file for analysis

9 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

The mod is fully compatible with 1.12.3

You are probably seeing something to do with your graphics drivers.  I use this all the time without any issue.

Please provide a log file for analysis

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19ZYwFRIrorRq8XPspU46XITTLAXh4vdH/view?usp=sharing <- Log file.  I'm going to try running a validation through steam as well, play with some graphics settings, and if I need to do reinstallations: I'm not entirely bothered by that.  CKAN is pretty stress-free when it comes to modding.  I appreciate the fast reply!  Initial scan of the log file only showed something happening with Strategia by the looks of it, and doesn't seem to have to do with the VAB textures, but I'm not really an expert at reading these things. 

I got the same problem as you GlobalEnterprise when I installed KSC Switcher and RSSLSE (Real Solar System Launch Site Expansion), so it is probably related to those mods. Do you have anything that changes your launch site/location?

On 1/24/2022 at 11:13 AM, GlobalEnterprise said:

I don't know if anyone else is having an issue like this

Maybe I missed what planet pack that is, but for me on KSRSS, this black terrain was 100% caused by KSCSwitcher. Its presence triggered some config nodes that cause sizes and offsets to be wrong or whatever. Removing KSCSwitcher fixed this for me on KSRSS at 2.5x. 

4 hours ago, Zeyhn said:

I got the same problem as you GlobalEnterprise when I installed KSC Switcher and RSSLSE (Real Solar System Launch Site Expansion), so it is probably related to those mods. Do you have anything that changes your launch site/location?

KSC switcher...  Yeah.  I have that one.  You're right on the money on that one.  And it's specifically KSC switcher because I don't have RSSLSE installed.  Uninstalled.  Problem solved.  Thank you!

3 hours ago, GlobalEnterprise said:

Problem solved. 

I just realized you're not on KSRSS, so this problem isn't KSRSS specific after all. And yet, it's the KSRSS cfg file for 2.5x with SigmaDimensions that contains the node that gets triggered by KSCSwitcher, that leads to the terrain error. I wonder if GEP has similar code.

Also, this is no longer the right thread, but idk where to take this info. Womp.

23 minutes ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

I just realized you're not on KSRSS, so this problem isn't KSRSS specific after all. And yet, it's the KSRSS cfg file for 2.5x with SigmaDimensions that contains the node that gets triggered by KSCSwitcher, that leads to the terrain error. I wonder if GEP has similar code.

Also, this is no longer the right thread, but idk where to take this info. Womp.

As long as the discussion is done, it's fine here, and may help someone in the future with the same issue.

Would it make sense if I either put in a check for the switcher and pop up a warning about it, or just to make it incompatible?

Just now, linuxgurugamer said:

Would it make sense if I either put in a check for the switcher and pop up a warning about it, or just to make it incompatible?

Honestly, I don't think Hanger Extender is really involved? Like, you see the problem with or without H.E. - it's just that when you turn off the VAB, you suddenly see that the problem is the whole planet, and not just the sliver you can see outside the VAB doors. It's ... gross and upsetting, but not Hanger Extender's fault.  :P

My 0.2c

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
5 hours ago, dstymindz71 said:

So.....  patch manager  is telling me that i have the wrong update.

i have downloaded 3.6.0.1 but it is saying i did not. 

Any clue why?

Ummm, not Patch Manager, maybe some other mod is telling you that.  ModuleManager, possibly?  

Latest version of Hanger Extender (installed via CKAN) is 3.6.0.2

And I just verified that the correct version is uploaded to both Spacedock and Github

• 5 months later...

Hello, I'm having a problem with Hangar Extender, I have the mod installed and usually it works fine, but on my Galaxies Unbound save it does not show up at all. I've even reinstalled it, and the button still does not show up. Is it a problem with 1.12.4? Can anyone help?

image.pngimage.png