New to Unity and KSP-modelling

I'm absolutely new in Unity and KSP-modelling.

I made ladder for my model, and it slightly work: Kerbal can grab it, but... he starts to slide and falls down the stairs.

I tried to make the stairs big, long, narrow, short, small, put it close to the detail, far, shove inside... 

How right? Thanks.

qPmzZ-SKzSU.jpg

h13r5FxKHZs.jpg

TR3CtuNuBtw.jpg

Made a ladder in the past that worked using a link from this page

far enough in the past that I don't remember any specifics so can't point you in the right direction other than the ladder info on that page.

Note: Wheel info is out of date but most of the other stuff is still relevant.

Everything LOOKS right, though it's been a while since I've made a ladder.  But you've got the collider pointed the right way - green arrow up, blue arrow towards ship...   you've got the tag...  is the 'part triggers' label given to layer 21?   That is or was important at one point.   If it's 'sorta' working...  my guess would be interference from other colliders pushing them off, perhaps?   I'd make sure that the colliders for your other mesh objects aren't clipping through your ladder collider making it hard for a kerbal to occupy the space?  Sometimes the mesh colliders cut corners in ways that aren't obvious when they're checked to 'convex'.

17 hours ago, Red Iron Crown said:

@HuXTUS I took the liberty of moving your post out of the programming area of the forum and into the modelling/discussion area, you'll get better help with this sort of thing here. :)

This shocked me a little and dissociated. It was as if the earth was gone from under my feet, and I found myself in an unfamiliar room. But now I'm fine.

@wasml @artwhaley thank you.

I looked for links and play with collider. I make the capsule collider and move it on some distance from main collider. Hmmm... yet it looks as if everything is normal. Kerbal clings and crawls as I want.

RF0eeh63t6w.jpg

5Uz3F8MaUYw.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.