Seaplane to Orbit Rebooted [1.3.x]

SEAPLANE TO ORBIT - THE 1.3.X PARTY THREAD

VoxE51P.png

This challenge is a revised and updated version (with permission) of @Mikki's Seaplane to Orbit 1.05 challenge.

UPDATES

****CHALLENGE CREATED 03.07.2017****

RULES - PLEASE READ THESE BEFORE ATTEMPTING THE CHALLENGE

The Seaplane to Orbit challenge is inclusive and I'm usually willing to have rules stretched to the nth degree, so get creative and join the party board or gatecrash:

1. Stock and Modded are permitted (Modded is defined as using modded engines, lifting parts, fuel tanks etc).

2. The craft may not lose any parts in flight (unless the award category allows it)

3. The craft run must start from water, reach orbit (PE > 70km) and land intact on water or land.  It is accepted that you load your craft on the runway.

4. You may not cheat in any way - Test my leniency sure, but no classic cheating please.

5.   All missions require either an album showing each stage of the flight, or a video showing all stages of the flight.

6. Once you have completed a mission, please post your proof in this thread for my review including a breakdown of your score and some basic information about your craft including mods used.

AWARDS - IF YOU DO SOMETHING WORTHY I WILL ADD A NEW AWARD CATEGORY AT MY DISCRETION

Use modded parts - Nonconformist

Use stock only parts - Purist

Decouple landing gear after launch from runway - Footloose

Submerge and become an submarine - Crashdive

Park your seaplane in the KSC Pool - Poolguest - blame @WhiteKnuckle

Transfer from water to land after orbit - Beached

Use only Liquid fuel (Rocket) engines - Sponsored by Kerbodyne

Use only SRB's - Light that candle

Have an Engineer inspect your vessel by swimming - Wet

Have an Engineer inspect your vessel by foot - Booty

Smallest seaplane by weight - Minimalist

Largest seaplane by weight - Maximalist

Visit another bodies orbit -  Traveler

PARTYBOARD

MK1 SEAPLANES

MK2 SEAPLANES

MK3 SEAPLANES

GATECRASHERS

Get your badge here    tcLsoRp.jpg

Is it okay If I do this in 1.2.2? - It should still work in 1.3....

Also, what do you think about quantum fuel storage (read fuel clipping)?

Edited by qzgy

6 hours ago, qzgy said:

Is it okay If I do this in 1.2.2? - It should still work in 1.3....

Also, what do you think about quantum fuel storage (read fuel clipping)?

Yeah go for it - On both counts.  As an extensive clipper it concerns me not, but try not to clip 50 tanks into one - Keep it at least 'semi' real :wink:

SM

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.