[1.4.x] RoverScience Continued - Better, interactive science for rovers!

Aelfhe1m

10 hours ago, Aelfhe1m said:

OK. This is an odd one. At first I couldn't see anything wrong but then I realised that there was both the integrated rover brain in the Lynx cockpit and the attached radial rover brain part. If you open the terminal from the radial rover brain part you get the not landed error but if you open it from the cockpit right click menu it works fine:

Reveal hidden contents

qDiQ3aS.jpg

I'll need to investigate this further (hopefully it'll cure itself as part of the UI rewrite and code refactoring that's ongoing) but in the meantime you should be fine if you always use the cabin right click menu when there is an integrated rover brain module.

Thanks a ton for the help!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi

First thanks for this great mod, I'm really enjoying driving my rover arround now =D

But I'm to dumb to know how the mod works, I've found a science spot and tried analyse it but the game says that my rover brain already contains data, why ? How do I fix it ?

Thx a lot for the maintenance of this mod, 

kiss on the left buck cheeks

7EOr5ZJ.jpg

@red_karibou As @garwel says this is most likely an untransmitted result from a previous spot stored in the rover brain/cabin. If you don't have a comm connection (I see RemoteTech is saying you're in local control mode) then send a Kerbal on EVA to grab the science and transfer it to storage.

20 minutes ago, Roberius said:

Is this specific to the stock star system or does it generate science spots on any planet/moon. Specifically, I'm wondering if it works with Galileo's Planet Pack?

It's planet pack neutral and will even detect anomalies (if defined) on non-stock bodies. I haven't specifically tested with GPP but I have tested OPM and see no reason that GPP should cause problems.

Roverscience is giving some minor errors in the log file on game start up about missing textures.

[LOG 17:28:29.136] Load(Model): RLA_Stockalike/Parts/Structural/struct_various/small_radialext
[LOG 17:28:29.142] Load(Model): RoverScience/rock/rock
[ERR 17:28:29.146] Texture 'RoverScience/rock/smallrock' not found!

[LOG 17:28:29.149] Load(Model): RoverScience/rock/rock2
[ERR 17:28:29.153] Texture 'RoverScience/rock/rock2' not found!

[LOG 17:28:29.155] Load(Model): RoverScience/roverBrain/roverBrain_A

I found both textures in a download of a previous version - RoverScience-2.1 specifically

hi i wanted to ask is the science return tied with the in-game setting? if i set the game to give me less science will this mod play nice with that? :)

btw thx for continuing this cool mod!

Edited by dtoxic

3 hours ago, dtoxic said:

if i set the game to give me less science will this mod play nice with that?

Yes. I wasn't completely sure myself, so rather than dig through the code I did a quick test.

• Sent a rover to Minmus and set science rewards to 100%.
  • Quicksaved - drove around until I found a "normal" science spot and analysed it - 28.0 science gained.
  • Loaded quicksave, went into settings and set science rewards to 1000% (easier to see the effect if it's extreme!)
  • Drove around until I found another "normal" science spot and analysed it - 394.1 science gained.

2 minutes ago, Aelfhe1m said:

Yes. I wasn't completely sure myself, so rather than dig through the code I did a quick test.

• Sent a rover to Minmus and set science rewards to 100%.
  • Quicksaved - drove around until I found a "normal" science spot and analysed it - 28.0 science gained.
  • Loaded quicksave, went into settings and set science rewards to 1000% (easier to see the effect if it's extreme!)
  • Drove around until I found another "normal" science spot and analysed it - 394.1 science gained.

that settles it then, thx for the info :)

Spoiler

Exception loading ScenarioModule RoverScienceScenario: System.FormatException: Invalid format.
  at System.Double.Parse (System.String s, NumberStyles style, IFormatProvider provider) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Double.Parse (System.String s) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Convert.ToDouble (System.String value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RoverScience.RoverScienceDB.UpdateRoverScience () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RoverScience.RoverScienceScenario.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ScenarioModule.Load (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ScenarioRunner.AddModule (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Getting this error at the start, no matter if i got rover science part or not (sandbox or career)

and no matter what part i use, nothing breaks,game is still playable (it;s written in orange letters, my guess it;s harmless )

maybe you wanna have a look at it

@Aelfhe1m just to bring it to your attention , when you have the time

Edited by dtoxic

• 2 weeks later...

Is this a bug or am I missing something?

Using Kerbal Foundries2's Tracks, the Rover Terminal is registering the Tracks as "Rover Wheels Detected: 0" but "Rover Wheels Landed: 32."   If you look at the second photo, going airborne registers the tracks as "0  wheels" so something sees the wheels.

https://imgur.com/a/o3x0L

Edited by bornity
clarity

• 2 months later...

Is there any Solution in sight for the bug that upgrades are not saved, or maybe a workaround i can try? (something like a Manual savegame edit?)

The problem i get is that the upgrades i buy are pretty reliably NEVER saved (at least so far)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

@Aelfhe1m is this a "normal" issue when loading a vessel without rover to the launchpad or is it a problem?

Exception loading ScenarioModule RoverScienceScenario: System.FormatException: Invalid format.
  at System.Double.Parse (System.String s, NumberStyles style, IFormatProvider provider) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Double.Parse (System.String s) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Convert.ToDouble (System.String value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at RoverScience.RoverScienceDB.UpdateRoverScience () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at RoverScience.RoverScienceScenario.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ScenarioModule.Load (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ScenarioRunner.AddModule (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0