Help fixing a mod (Constellation)

I'm trying to get to Mars in RSS/RO with an heavy ship , insipired by the Constellation program from NASA (2005-2009) and the only mod that gives the BNTR (Bimodal Nuclear Thermal Rocket) engines is way outdated and all the links are broken(mod name : Constellation Essentials).I luckily got the parts from Winged, but they are made for 1.1.3 and I'd like to use them in 1.2.2.The only part that works (1 out of 4 parts) is the engine mount for the BNTRs.

I don't know much about modding/fixing ,so I gently ask someone that understands coding and Module Manager to help me.Thanks!

Constellation Essentials parts here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/yyrs766kcqmd8wg/AACJDLpj2QnMoRmIrsNEq3s3a?dl=0

Part demonstation:

Edited by Mr. Sandman

Edit: Found a "patch note" for the engines made by someone , but I have no idea on how to use it.

}
}
@MODULE[ModuleGenerator]
{
@OUTPUT_RESOURCE[nuclearWaste]
{
@name = DepU235Rods
}
@OUTPUT_RESOURCE[nuclearFuel]
{
@name = U235Rods
}
}
@RESOURCE[nuclearFuel]
{
@name = U235Rods
}
@RESOURCE[nuclearWaste]
{
@name = DepU235Rods
}
}
@PART[bahars68b]
{
@MODULE[ModuleEngineConfigs]
{
@CONFIG[LiquidH2+LiquidOxygen]
{
@PROPELLANT[LiquidH2]
{
@name = LqdHydrogen
}
@PROPELLANT[LiquidOxygen]
{
@name = LqdOxygen
}
}
}
}

2 minutes ago, Phineas Freak said:

@MeCripp & @Mr. Sandman: i had created a repository for these parts but i removed them since the parts were readily available. Seems that it would be a nice idea to resurrect it and update the parts (since RO also has support for it and the parts are mostly unique among other mods).

I would fix the mods for 1.2.2 and 1.3 , but I know nothing on modding and MM patching , so I just put this here hoping someone fixes it. :I

Also , WInged game me some parts , but as @MeCripp said , some of them are missing.

Edited by Mr. Sandman

1 minute ago, Phineas Freak said:

@Mr. Sandman OK, give me some time and i will do a quick & dirty update.

Sure , take your time.As I can see you're a RSS/RO/RP-0 collaborator , so I believe you have lots of things to do other than fixing a mod just because I asked.But by the way , thanks a lot , I really appreciate it.

6 minutes ago, Phineas Freak said:

No problem! This is actually one of the first mods that i ever used (back in my stock KSP days) and also configured for RO so it has a special place in my mod (and support) list. :D

Yeah they would be a nice addition to the part list on the main thread of Realism Overhaul!

Edited by Mr. Sandman

OK, repository is live: https://github.com/PhineasFreak/ConstellationEssentials

Note to stock KSP users: the parts have been rescaled to better fit other "stock" parts (5 m for the structural Copernicus parts and 6.25 m for the Ares V engine mount) but the overall stats (inert masses, thrust/Isp values) have not been adjusted yet. Since i have absolutely no idea of how to balance the parts for stock KSP i'd like for someone to take a look at them and take a stab on it.

Edit: also, the parts are compatible with any previous craft files (part names were preserved) and are compatible with RO (the RO configs are part of the official RO distributions).

Edited by Phineas Freak

Just now, Phineas Freak said:

OK, repository is live: https://github.com/PhineasFreak/ConstellationEssentials

Note to stock KSP users: the parts have been rescaled to better fit other "stock" parts (5 m for the structural Copernicus parts and 6.25 m for the Ares V engine mount) but the overall stats (inert masses, thrust/Isp values) have not been adjusted yet. Since i have absolutely no idea of how to balance the parts for stock KSP i'd like for someone to take a look at them and take a stab on it.

That was fast!Thanks a lot for fixing those old (but unique) parts.Is Constellation Essentials going to be updated (on the CE thread) or is it going on the main thread of RO?

1 minute ago, Phineas Freak said:

@Mr. Sandman Since the original CE thread is now locked the best bet would be to create a new thread about it. RO, as i note, has it's own support for them via MM patches so we only need to update the RO OP and add it to the "supported list" (if it is not already included).

Yeah the RO way looks better and up to date , but I would leave a message on the CE thread (maybe asking a moderator to let someone do so) saying that the 1.2.2/1.3 fixed version is now supported on the main thread of RO.

@winged Not per se for RO because i replaced 90% of the part config to make it compatible with RO and fix some bugs with the modules. They were broken for stock though (gimbal modules and RealFuels ModuleEngineConfigs were outdated and incompatible). And the fact that they went MIA (fortunately i keep an archive with most of the "old" mods).

Edited by Phineas Freak

3 hours ago, Bottle Rocketeer 500 said:

I meant not fully throttlable.

Of course they are not. These parts were created for RSS/RO and not stock KSP. It is expected that the minimum throttle will not be zero and that's why i am asking for someone to tweak the stats (mass, thrust, Isp) so that the parts will be usable by stock KSP players.

If i was a bad person i could easily decide not to seek/accept any balance requests for stock but every KSP player has the right to play with them, not only RSS/RO/RP-0 players.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.